Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Like Tree2401Likes

Thread: Season 68

Not a good couple of days for the Palace teams...

Two league defeats have pushed Casuals down the table to 4th, and they meet 3rd tomorrow Tuesdays visit to Jimmy's Eleven was expected to be a good opportunity to pick up another three points, but an unexpected defeat to the third-bottom team has dented Casuals' Championship chances. Right-back Garcia opened the scoring in the 9th minute, but an injury to left-back Jones exposed Casuals lack of wing-backs on the subs bench, as central defender Arma had to substitute... Wednesday saw the second of two away games as the Casuals visited Juventus FC, who took over at the top yesterday. A much improved performance meant that Casuals dominated for long periods but succumbed to an 81st minute winner for the home side.

Terriers had a home game against Bunga FC, one of the 'Indonesian 6', on Tuesday, and they fell to a 1-3 defeat, despite matching their superior opponents for long periods of the match. Early in the second-half, ST Jones equalised a first-half opener for the visitors, but the turning point came in the 63rd minute when DC Clare upended a Bunga striker in the penalty box and they took the opportunity to lead again. After a third goal 12 minutes later, Terriers couldn't get back into the game. Terriers have invested in season tickets for travel to Jakarta, as they had a game in Indonesia today. Sugus FC are one of the original members of the League and have been poor all season, mainly because they are playing several outfield players out of position. Terriers took the opportunity of easy pickings and came away with a 2-0 victory. AMC Moran took MoM for his first-half goal, and the assist for ST Atkins goal in the second-half. Terriers now lie 5th in the table, but with the 'Indonesian 6' rushing to the top of the table will be lucky to get a CL berth, if they end up in the promotion spots.

Injury Stats:
    Casuals - 6 injuries, 23 days
    Terriers - 10 injuries, 35 days
    Last edited by talisman; 07-15-2015 at 08:18 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    Season 68-cl-14-qf-leg2-.jpg

Lost 2-0 vs. 2nd in the league. My advantage is down to 3 points. 2nd (Shinta FC) should be felling very fortunate as I took a big gamble in that game, and rested all players whom were starting during the cup match later that day.

And, oh boy did it the gamble ever pay off. Another bronze plate coming to my trophy case! Next up: A level 17 besitkas jk squad whose manager has never reached the finals of any cl/cup competition; I bet he's licking his chops at the prospect of facing a level 14 manager in the semi-finals. His lack of success gives a glimmer of hope to me, but facing a 3w-1-3w-1-2 should be more daunting than facing a higher level manager running a defensive bunker....

Suffered a pair of lightning bolts, as Van De Corput (9') and Roiz (69') went down in agony.

And somebody got a golden sombrero; bringing his season total to 50.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-15-2015 at 11:33 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

Easy victoy in CL Quarter (more than I expect!).

Really I studied my opponent. He changed two times his formation, and finally he decided used 4-5-1 Flat for counter to my old style 4-1-2-1-2ND buuuuuuuuuuuut ten minutes before the match I change all players and formation, I moved to 3W-1-3N-1-2, and I won 6-0 with the subs!

I'll see in League, another difficult match and now I'm 3er

Firecats trivial

Wauw a 2M free agent, that is good for the finances..
    Season 68-1.png
    Season 68-2.png

the financial controller was very impressed (that's also me)

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Lost a crunch away game 3-0 and suddenly my position at the top of the league feels threatened.

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that" - Bill Shankly
    Buffs Mad and nikolgiorgos like this.

Wonderful to wake up and see that,opponents manager was present and I guess pissed:-) semis reached,subs on in 2nd leg. Winger Gerrard with 3 assist and 1 goal,while Gascoigne chipped in 2 goles 1 assistSeason 68-uploadfromtaptalk1437037961518.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Renn; 07-16-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by La Morralla FS View Post
    Easy victoy in CL Quarter (more than I expect!).

Really I studied my opponent. He changed two times his formation, and finally he decided used 4-5-1 Flat for counter to my old style 4-1-2-1-2ND buuuuuuuuuuuut ten minutes before the match I change all players and formation, I moved to 3W-1-3N-1-2, and I won 6-0 with the subs!

I'll see in League, another difficult match and now I'm 3er
    What orders you used for the 3W-1-3N-1-2?

League: Buffs FC welcome 5th to Abbey Park for a nerve jangler. They are one of the sides that are stealing points off the expected challengers and they play a modified diamond (Narrow MC + MR).

The Buffs win 3-1: an early lead was quickly wiped out by the visitors and the teams went in all square at HT; but 2 second half goals delivered the points. Top scorer Jim Baxter, AML/ML, scored the Buffs 100th league goal this season.

United transfer news

yeah, As Manuel Neuer is very old (27) I am looking for a replacement
    Season 68-neuer.png

and bingo a 1 token fasttrainer.. mesaa like.. messa like very much
    Season 68-download-1-.jpg

and here he is
    Season 68-player.jpg

just a few matches played, doesn't say much
    Season 68-rate.png
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 07-16-2015 at 10:14 AM.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

This game is so unrealistic. 27 years old should be the prime age for outfield players and around 30 for goalkeepers.

By the way, you got a good deal. If this players turns out to be a fast trainer, then he may be one of those rare 'gems'.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-16-2015 at 11:14 AM.
    Gert Funck and La Morralla FS like this.

Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast