Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Strikers Bought This Season Are Not Scoring Enough Goals

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...ores-goal.html
    **** happens

One more question do you know which is the best ticket price at my level ?
    in first levels, begin with a price of +3 from your level.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

My Strikers haven't been scoring much including my 7* 40+ a season guy - he's all assists. But my wingers are scoring instead.

Bought a ST off the TM yesterday (not Nordgen) and he drew a blank, got hooked at HT and rated 6. He was back on the market 5 mins later and sold.

Feels like on my teams there's been some tweaking going on - balancing. Just like my CK takers are down on assists - CK balancing.

OR, like Nik says, **** happens.

OR, conspiracy.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-06-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    My Strikers haven't been scoring much including my 7* 40+ a season guy - he's all assists. But my wingers are scoring instead.

Bought a ST off the TM yesterday (not Nordgen) and he drew a blank, got hooked at HT and rated 6. He was back on the market 5 mins later and sold.

Feels like on my teams there's been some tweaking going on - balancing. Just like my CK takers are down on assists - CK balancing.

OR, like Nik says, **** happens.

OR, conspiracy.
    you sold a player after 1 game ??? thats just ....lol
    no info for you my watchers :P

Famous
    I can't speak for other players; however whenever I acquire a young 18/19 year old nordgen, they usually don't perform outstanding immediately, but get better as they get older.

For example, i'll describe my current 23 year old, 7* (98Q) striker.

I acquired him when he was a young 24T academy lad. Plenty of debate on the wisdom of burning 24T on an academy player but I did it. Then I power trained him up to 8* that season. As an 8* player he was getting red cards/injuries in key matches (oddly my team scored 4 goals to win 4:0 after the 46th min red card in cup qtrs. against hybrid 6/7* team - but that's most likely a different topic altogether) and match ratings of mainly "7" with some "8"s mixed in. Rarely, I'd see a "6" or "9".

When he became 21 yrs old, I power-trained him up to 9*, and his most frequent rating was "8". Sometimes a "7" or "9" would be mixed in. My team bowed out in the Champions League semi-finals with the 9* striker practically invisible, scoring just 1 goal over the 2 legs.

Last season, at the age of 22 he started getting consistant 9's, with a "9" coming almost every single match in the league and cup down the stretch. Champions league was mainly 8's.

This season he's produced 27 goals and 5 assists in 16 matches, with four 7's, four 8's, six 9's and two 10's.

Performance isn't always relative to quality, as my players some seasons have performed better during seasons with lower relative quality. Why this is, I don't know for certain. It could be internal-programming is designed for them to perform better at an older age. This may not be true, but other players of mine have undergone a similar ratings trend throughout the seasons. The resident nordgen buyer I share a server with also has problems winning leagues/champions leagues/cup titles too; he won CL last season (lvl 13) but its also the 1st time he reached CL semi's since level 7. I don't think he's medaled in the cup yet.

The other factor is your other players could be influencing the performances of your strikers.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-07-2015 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TALON1973 View Post
    you sold a player after 1 game ??? thats just ....lol
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-07-2015 at 03:54 AM.

I have been having striker problems esp for my Level 24 Go Leo team for the past 3-4 seasons. This season's capture looks to have some promise. Last season played 2 strikers and didnt work out but when I added a 3rd striker, after switching to a 4-2-1-3, it worked. This season I switched back to a 2 striker formation with 2 new strikers. So far they have been fruitful despite not scoring in their debuts.

From experience, if you switch them around they could work but if no matter wht u do it doesnt then the striker is a failure, regardless if he is a nordgen or not.

Kris Vaes, 24
    Bought: Transfer Market
    Previous Team stat: A goal every 2 games
    Current stat: 4 in 6, 0 assists
    Quality: 5* 136
    Foot: Left
    Position: Left Striker (initially played on the right)

Leo Sepulveda, 26
    Bought: Negotiations for 4 tokens
    Previous Team stat: 1 in 1
    Current stat: 2 in 3, 0 assists
    Quality: 6* 140
    Foot: Either
    Position: Right Striker

My other strikers playing in my other teams
    Level 20 Very Athletic, Elvir Filipovic (4*) - 27 yo, Right footed, Left striker, 4 in 8, 5 assists
    Level 17 Athletic Kuching, Tore Abdre Flo (5*) - 31 yo, Right footed, Left striker, 0 in 0, 0 assists (plays like the real TAF)
    Level 15 Los Galaxy, Jakob Wohlfart (5*) - 26 yo, Left footed, Left striker, 11 in 12, 7 assists

Having said that, Very Athletic has an academy striker with CK abilities who has played for 9 seasons now, has 117 in 280 games but has double the assists. Probably one of my best strikers ever and he plays well with or without a partner. Currently a 3 star at tht level.
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 07-07-2015 at 04:03 AM.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I can't speak for other players; however whenever I acquire a young 18/19 year old nordgen, they usually don't perform outstanding immediately, but get better as they get older.

For example, i'll describe my current 23 year old, 7* (98Q) striker.

I acquired him when he was a young 24T academy lad. Plenty of debate on the wisdom of burning 24T on an academy player but I did it. Then I power trained him up to 8* that season. As an 8* player he was getting red cards/injuries in key matches (oddly my team scored 4 goals to win 4:0 after the 46th min red card in cup qtrs. against hybrid 6/7* team - but that's most likely a different topic altogether) and match ratings of mainly "7" with some "8"s mixed in. Rarely, I'd see a "6" or "9".

When he became 21 yrs old, I power-trained him up to 9*, and his most frequent rating was "8". Sometimes a "7" or "9" would be mixed in. My team bowed out in the Champions League semi-finals with the 9* striker practically invisible, scoring just 1 goal over the 2 legs.

Last season, at the age of 22 he started getting consistant 9's, with a "9" coming almost every single match in the league and cup down the stretch. Champions league was mainly 8's.

This season he's produced 27 goals and 5 assists in 16 matches, with four 7's, four 8's, six 9's and two 10's.

Performance isn't always relative to quality, as my players some seasons have performed better during seasons with lower relative quality. Why this is, I don't know for certain. It could be internal-programming is designed for them to perform better at an older age. This may not be true, but other players of mine have undergone a similar ratings trend throughout the seasons. The resident nordgen buyer I share a server with also has problems winning leagues/champions leagues/cup titles too; he won CL last season (lvl 13) but its also the 1st time he reached CL semi's since level 7. I don't think he's medaled in the cup yet.

The other factor is your other players could be influencing the performances of your strikers.
    Thanks for the reply.

Your case is a bit different because it is an academy player. But, it is a waste to train a poor or average performing player beyond 6 stars only to make him perform better unless he is against mostly much stronger opponents; he should be performing well at 5-6 stars, especially if he is against weaker or same quality opponents. This shows that there is something wrong with your player despite him performing decently this season.

Many users don't buy expensive 5 stars nordgens to start using them as a first team player after 2 or more seasons. Given their expensive prices, most of them are expected to provide good results in the season they were bought.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-07-2015 at 04:27 AM.

Famous
    Yes, my model is a bit of a strange one. The key question in that long post of mine being, "Is their a relationship between player age and form?"

My hypothesis is yes, that's why I've been patient in power-training average form young nordgens/academy grads. The bad form ones, I still release. Normally, I just train them no higher than 7*, last couple seasons I just went a little overboard, having two players above 7* and five 7* players since I was hunting the lvl 2 Triple Crown achievement...
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-07-2015 at 05:04 AM.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Strikers Bought This Season Are Not Scoring Enough Goals-screenshot_2015-07-06-22-14-00.jpgStrikers Bought This Season Are Not Scoring Enough Goals-screenshot_2015-07-06-22-12-19.jpg

sometimes a player from an actual team with a proven record can be useful...
    Qambu Yaasi and woopypooky like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-06-22-14-00.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	49111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-06-22-12-19.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	49112

sometimes a player from an actual team with a proven record can be useful...
    Yes, but young players with good records are not sold by their teams unless they are slow trainers or the manager has been able to get better players even for the bench.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast