Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Striker Missing Chances And Not Scoring Enough Goals

Striker Missing Chances And Not Scoring Enough Goals

I have a striker who missed a lot chances (according to comments) and he has not scored enough goals so far. He failed to score important goals so far; most of his goals were against abandoned teams or from the penalty spot. As you can see from his profile shown below, he should have scored more goals, especially in important matches, given his quality.
    What you recommend to do with him; sell him at the end of the season or give him another season?

When I bought him (as a nordgen), his overall quality was 27. He was expensive and also cost me about 10 tokens.
    He is a fast trainer.

Pro
    With scores like that I don't see a reason to replace him right now. He has an average of 8. Sometimes it is not all about the scoring. For next season you might be able to get a striker with 39 quality. This striker will not get that quality soon so that would be an improvement. Unless you have a lot of greenpacks to spare I would sell him and use the money to get one or two new good strikers. I would love to buy him next season from you for my new team though I am only level 1 with that one right now though.

But a striker with an average of 0,65 goals per match and 0,5 assists is a good player if you ask me.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    your expectations seem high. I see nothing wrong with your striker's production.
    Gert Funck and muskrat like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    your expectations seem high. I see nothing wrong with your striker's production.
    You have not considered all what I have said; many of his goals were from the penalty spot or against abandoned teams. How about all the missed chances shown in the comments?
    Also, take into consideration that he has played mostly against 3 star defenders. I expected a lot more from a player of that quality if he played against much weaker opponents.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-16-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    With scores like that I don't see a reason to replace him right now. He has an average of 8. Sometimes it is not all about the scoring. For next season you might be able to get a striker with 39 quality. This striker will not get that quality soon so that would be an improvement. Unless you have a lot of greenpacks to spare I would sell him and use the money to get one or two new good strikers. I would love to buy him next season from you for my new team though I am only level 1 with that one right now though.

But a striker with an average of 0,65 goals per match and 0,5 assists is a good player if you ask me.
    The player is very good in terms of training but he fails to score important goals. I need a striker that will score in important matches (tight matches).

The profile doesnt load on my browser for some reason. Anyway, I know wht u mean and I knw the feeling. if like u said he only scores against "lesser" teams and goes missing during "crunch" matches i.e. against title contenders then personally for me, he is good but not good enough. I would keep him as a secondary striker and search for a better one who is capable of scoring against all types of opponents and play them as a pair. He is still useful.
    Tactician likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

A ST with Q39, if available, will be only from the scout's list. On the transfer market, maximum will be Q34 next season.

The only good thing so far about this player in terms of performance on the pitch is that he never got a rating below 7 in competitive matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    The profile doesnt load on my browser for some reason. Anyway, I know wht u mean and I knw the feeling. if like u said he only scores against "lesser" teams and goes missing during "crunch" matches i.e. against title contenders then personally for me, he is good but not good enough. I would keep him as a secondary striker and search for a better one who is capable of scoring against all types of opponents and play them as a pair. He is still useful.
    Yes, but that is a lot of money for a player on the bench. He is the most expensive (highest market value) player in my team this season.

I need a striker who is capable of playing both alone and with another striker, and who will have strong impact in important matches. Is there any way of recognizing such players apart from buying and testing one by one?
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-16-2015 at 07:39 AM.

Pro
    Your expectations are high to be honest. There is no golden rule to get a striker that will Always score. A level 31 striker will outplay most defenders at your level. But there are a lot of variables to take into consideration.
    1) What teams are you facing? Stronger then you or all weak teams? If the teams are stronger then your striker will score less. If he is only facing weak teams then his scoring is low.
    2) What kind of tactic are you playing? Is he a lone striker or does he get supported by wingers and attacking mid fields?
    3) How is the rest of team playing? If other players are scoring like mad then your striker could be one of the reasons. In normal football a good striker is not only a player who makes decisive goals but also a player that can distract 1-3 defenders. That way he opens up opportunities for other players.
    4) Is there a second striker next to him? How does he play? Is this player playing on the left because of his left footing? If not try to switch him out.

As you can see, a lot of variables. If you compare him to my best strikers. First strike has one on one SA. He has 25 matches, 25 goals and 5 assists. Average score of 7,8. Second striker has 12 goals and 12 assists. Average score of 7,5. I am satisfied with both. My mid field is also scoring like crazy. Number 1 in the league.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast