Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Top eleven is the worst game ever...

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Brasil - Germany
    Germany a better team ?
    zxak4 and Cat Harrison like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    Germany a better team ?
    In the last WC? ofc, the fails of Brasil don't have excuse...

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Brasil - Germany
    Dat mach was My SWEETEST experience in football history which i saw! of course after our hun-bra 3-0 in 86' but i was too little (born in 78) to understand the meaning of our winning. I was in trance, sorry guys i can't stand Brazil (of course not the country just the team).

Cat Harrison and khris like this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Didn't think either game was a huge surprise either.

Jamaica over USA was a little upset, but it isn't Faroe Islands over Greece type of upset. Jamaica, the last 2 to 3 years has a string of respectable results and is a decent team. Usually losses/draws but they're of the 1-0 variety in the Copa America against Uruguay and Argentina. They beat USA 2-1 in last WC Qualifying campaign and held mexico to 0-0 draw in Azteca.

If it wasn't for a late USA rally in the last WC qualifying campaign, it would have been Panama and not Mexico at the World Cup; assuming Panama also would beat New Zealand.

and if chris wondoloski were good usa would have at least gotten 4th in the WC. USA recently beat germany... USA routinely beats mexico, as of late, and mexico spanked jamaca at the gold cup. Also the unfairness in the mexico v panama game was the referees gifting mexico the win.
    pcmacdaniel and Cat Harrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    and if chris wondoloski were good usa would have at least gotten 4th in the WC. USA recently beat germany... USA routinely beats mexico, as of late, and mexico spanked jamaca at the gold cup. Also the unfairness in the mexico v panama game was the referees gifting mexico the win.
    USA beating Germany is actually a troll result LOL

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by muskrat View Post
    Agreed on Mexico getting lucky breaks in the Panama game. I didn't catch the end of the Costa Rica game, but didn't Mexico also get a last second penalty their as well?

I'm not going to go as far as to say the USA routinely beats mexico, since the USA has only beaten Mexico once on Mexican soil and that game was a friendly; but I would say we routinely beat them on home soil .
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-23-2015 at 05:08 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Apprentice
    usa hasn't lost to mexico in 5 years, that includes 2 games at azteca.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Famous
    2011 Gold Cup final, Mexico beat USA 4:2.

My main point is there is a lot more parity in the international game than they're used to be, so supposed lesser teams are pulling upsets more frequently than they used to be. Yes, in the end its almost always a top team winning these titles, but with the game getting more and more globalized, nations like Jamaica, Iceland, etc... aren't as far behind the big boys as they used to be. Even in the CONCACAF region, the growth of MLS, which if I recall correctly is more accepting of central American/Caribbean born players than liga MX, is spurring on the growth of several teams in these regions, making life more difficult on the two heavyweights.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-23-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

sometimes the game trolls, this is an exemple.

I had a result like this two seasons ago, I lost a game 6-1 agains a team worst than mine, then, I finished first with only 10 goals conceded in all the league.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Invest in a better keeper. It is important. A better keeper would've kept the scores to a realistic 2-0 at least. This is Massimo Taibi level of blunder. I am guessing he is a serial 6 rated keeper.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast