Page 72 of 385 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Like Tree1306Likes

Thread: Season 38

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Uhh I hate it when a player I want is being sniped by so many people...Go away! I couldn't bid on a player I wanted because there was going to be a bidding war, player went for 22T..Glad I stayed out, would have been more if I bid

Oh yeah and I got some guy rebidding after every time someone bids.. What an idiot, he's only raising the price and losing tokens...aaaaand he's gone.
    Thats what I thought when I saw a 5*99 18 year old AMC on the transfer market, there was already 1 person that laid a token on the player and probably went out of T11 afterwards then I bid, then another person bid with 2 seconds left, Knockout Round 1 came, I bid 10 seconds left, no more bids thank you very much.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Champions League, group C, day 1

WIth a tense atmosphere, the CL curtain opens over New Team's stadium; right before the match, journalists assault New Team's coach, pushing him after the recent bad results in Cup, and the league:

Journalist: COach Mat, seeing at your team's recent difficulties, and being this your first official Champion's League, what would you say about the upcoming match? Are you gonna risk again with the recent trend, or might you adjust the formation to be a bit less reckless due team's difficulties?
    Madmat *Mumbles* Well you see, since the recent results i can't say we're doing great, and i fear tonight the team will suffer psycological fear towards this new competion popping up. Therefore i thought about playing a 6-3-1 tonight, to at least get our first point of the season.
    A sudden silence fills the air. The journalists, perplexed, keep watching the coach unable to realize what he just said. Soon enough, murmurs start to occur among them, with someone nodding his head while agreeing on the desperate condition of the team. Suddenly, on the coach's face, an arrogant smirk appears, conquering back the media's attention.
    Coach Mat: Is it this what you wanted me to say and write about? *Another smirk*.Sorry to disappoint you then. We trained HARD to get to this point, and the pressure you're putting upon us after just a couple of matches is ridicolous. Are you already selling out our dead bodies? We are the New Team, and we didn't arrive here for a fluke. You'll see very soon what happens underestimating us.He turns his back to them, walking away
    The crowd starts murmuring again, more noisy than before. All the hands raised willing to ask more questions to the coach get liquidated by his firm hand raised, without turning back to them.

New Team FC (26.6) 5 - 0 Chile (17.7)

With a stadium crowded besides the recent issues, New Team starts with a 4-1-2-1-2 ND against Chile's 4-4-2. The pressure put on the away team is heavy since the very start. But the bad Omen floating around New Team doesn't seem to want to lift away from them. At minute 14 Lemnaru, the reserve DMC, gets an injury after a quick steal at midfield. Lemnaru had substituted the star player Julian Ross (The Prince), KO'd in the previous League's match, leaving New Team without any players covering that role (Still looking on market). Coach Mad doesn't lose his composure, deciding to send in Bruce Harper as replacement.
    Despite the facts, this time Oliver Hutton & friends aren't planning to get depressed for such a fuss. The pressure even increases untill at minute 35 Karimi feeds Hutton a nice ball, and the captain jumps 2 defenders straight just to avoid the Goalie too for the 1-0. Hutton raises his finger to the sky, announcing the comeback. The first half ends with a tiny advantage despite the 10 shoots on goal by the Home players.
    The second half is even more fired up than the beginning: Nordin takes Mellow's place as AMC, and from the get-go Hutton drinks away the defense again at minute 56 for the 2-0. Finally supporters start to shout down cheering their star forward! Taken by their followers, Chile don't even get to move the ball again before Hutton steals it and serves Lenders the 3-0 ball, at minute 37. With the match settled, New Team's 11 don't just seem to want to stop. Minute 61: Hutton dribbles again through the flanks and perforates the goal smashing his shoot on the post. 4-0! Five minutes later (66), Callaghan decides to dive into attack serving Nording the ball for the 5-0. The rest is mere ball controlling and energy sparing. New teams gets straight ahead in the CL, planning their revenge over the soon to be faced opponents in League. An overwhelming strenght dispatch as can be seen in the statistics.

Scorers: O.Hutton, (3), Lenders (1), Nordin (1).
    Last edited by Morgan O'Bree; 03-12-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    July Fourth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    That sounds like your a fan!
    I'm a fan of what you and dv8r are doing. Just gonna be saving tokens this season as I should definitely win the league and hopefully the CL. Cup would just be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by iamdjw View Post
    I'm a fan of what you and dv8r are doing. Just gonna be saving tokens this season as I should definitely win the league and hopefully the CL. Cup would just be a bonus.
    Well I haven't got much else to spend my tokens on, there is only so many scouts or players that you can buy from the transfer market or scout and then we have some left over, what do we do? we power train, we improve the players abilities above what you would normally see in a league, someone that saw a 9* Stacey Papaleo would **** themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Well I haven't got much else to spend my tokens on, there is only so many scouts or players that you can buy from the transfer market or scout and then we have some left over, what do we do? we power train, we improve the players abilities above what you would normally see in a league, someone that saw a 9* Stacey Papaleo would **** themselves...
    Yeah they would. I need to get my token stash up like you guys. And get power training properly like you do.

Uhh had enough of people just going crazy on players lol. Bought the DC/DMC I wanted for 2T but he's 31 years old... Oh well, better than a 4* player but he'll probably be gone at the end of the season

Now I need a DML/ML player badly... 2 young DML/ML players that I wanted have gone for 20T+...
    July Fourth likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by iamdjw View Post
    Yeah they would. I need to get my token stash up like you guys. And get power training properly like you do.
    Trouble is with power training it wears off too quickly.

Uhh had enough of people just going crazy on players lol. Bought the DC/DMC I wanted for 2T but he's 31 years old... Oh well, better than a 4* player but he'll probably be gone at the end of the season

Now I need a DML/ML player badly... 2 young DML/ML players that I wanted have gone for 20T+...
    Nothing wrong with buying a 31 year old, if your just looking for a back-up.

Not sure if this is a glitch or just me being unlucky..

Whenever I give up on a bid, it doesn't go to the next round, there's no one bidding in the last minute and it stays on the round I was at. Meaning if I had the balls to go to the next round, I would have won it.

On the other hand, if I go ahead with the bid, it becomes a bidding war.

Happened to be 3 times today and once just now. If I had gone one more round for this player, I would have had him but I thought if I did, it would go to a long bidding war and I didn't want that. It could be a glitch which doesn't show last second bids if you lose because it has happened to me too many times today
    July Fourth likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Not sure if this is a glitch or just me being unlucky..

Whenever I give up on a bid, it doesn't go to the next round, there's no one bidding in the last minute and it stays on the round I was at.

On the other hand, if I go ahead with the bid, it becomes a bidding war.

Happened to be 3 times today and once just now. If I had gone one more round for this player, I would have had him but I thought if I did, it would go to a long bidding war and it didn't want it. It could be a glitch which doesn't show last second bids if you lose because it has happened to me too many times today
    That happened to me today when I was buying some new signings for Troll City on my second account, I bid 1T and then I couldn't bid on the 1st knockout round, I was like WTF??? Like the game done you out of 1T, But it seemed like it locked every bidder out of that auction and thats why there wasn't anymore bids.