Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: New Cup Format - Token Buyers are DISADVANTAGED

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Its more even on quality to begin with but what if you were one of the lower level side that had a full scouter squad and made it all the way to the final and played someone 3 levels higher than you and this manager went into their scout list and bought a scout team which would make a team a legends against yours and you couldn't go back into the market to buy more players to match your opponents quality so easily, It wouldn't make it fair at all. Because you started off withe scouts to begin with your opponent buys legends you can't respond by buying more players in a fair manner.
    is all about tokens at the end for Nordeus.. nothing about fairness
    but as a manager , i enjoyed my cup game today .. possibly for first time am thrilled , we all are league, CL, cup winners who watch our matches regularly ..it is a cup final at every game
    Last edited by shwanko07; 03-10-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by reallaw View Post
    Where's the point of donating money to nordeus now?? Without incomming money they will close this game soon and then noone will be able to play
    I think that will encourage managers to spend more imo bcz the challenge is so close at every single game and you need to up your game more and improve the side
    you are just saying the above statement out of anger
    winning by targeting small sides, is like bullying , targeting them only bcz you are bigger and older... but chickening out facing people of the same size
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away

Rookie
    That's the point, if everyone is at the same quality rating, I don't need to buy any tokens. Why spend money when I don't need when the players at the same level don't spend players like I do.

If were not going back to the old system, then I would like the see July Fourth's version next season.
    July Fourth and aiureah like this.
    Los Angeles FC

"The Black Lions"

Seven Seasons: 7 League Titles, 6 Champions League Titles, 2 Cup Titles (& 3 Cup Runner Up Trophies)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by reallaw View Post
    Where's the point of donating money to nordeus now?? Without incomming money they will close this game soon and then noone will be able to play
    Agreed.
    aiureah likes this.
    Los Angeles FC

"The Black Lions"

Seven Seasons: 7 League Titles, 6 Champions League Titles, 2 Cup Titles (& 3 Cup Runner Up Trophies)

Btw, this new system encourages players to collect the worst players and stack them on the bench so we get drawn in easier cups. Pretty bad marketing strategy Nordeous...
    aiureah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nampion Chancy View Post
    Yesterday when they draw the cup, I was facing a level 6 at 35.2* average and today he was 42.6*.... I am level 4 at 37.2* average....I did not pay attention to the change of time (my bet)and lost 6-1 the first game......guess how my feelings are about the change...!!!
    that is what Nordeus are after it ..
    and tbh those who buy scouts .. do buy them anyway at the start of the season, bcz old scouts are one star lower anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ThePsycho View Post
    That's the point, if everyone is at the same quality rating, I don't need to buy any tokens. Why spend money when I don't need when the players at the same level don't spend players like I do.

If were not going back to the old system, then I would like the see July Fourth's version next season.
    WRONG .. bcz those who are used to be winning titles , now are forced to improve the team more, bcz at least psychologically they want to keep that feeling of superiority over other teams , so they will be forced to put their hand in their pockets more
    CarlTaut likes this.

Rookie
    Ok I figure it out, in my other team not connected with facebook I keep this one just for filling time ( I do not spend money with it) at the end of the season I had a bunch of 1* and 2* that I didn t want to renew(obviously) and the cup I was draw is very similar in level.....but now that I dismissed those players (7) and replaced them with old but 4 & 5* I am above lots of team in the cup( at least for now) too bad I do not really care of this team but I will beneficiate of the format .... Untill tokens buyer kick in

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    WRONG .. bcz those who are used to be winning titles , now are forced to improve the team more, bcz at least psychologically they want to keep that feeling of superiority over other teams , so they will be forced to put their hand in their pockets more
    It's defeats the purpose of those who spend money in this game for seasons now and those who casually play. Doesn't matter now, I already submitted a suggestion ticket like the rest of us had. Thus it will fixed in the next season with a different format. If you're a level four team you should be facing teams between levels 2-5. If you want to win, spend the token and play an effective tactical game.

When I won my second cup as a level two team, I beat three teams at level 5 and a team at level 6. Thus just at a competitive level, even if I'm the underdog in those four games in the knockout round, I have to spend to win the cup.

However, it should be the FA cup format. Where the draw is completely random with the chance of tougher teams facing each other early and the lower level teams have the chance to face each other and advance deep in the cup.

That how things should be like. Regardless a new format is needed.
    July Fourth and aiureah like this.
    Los Angeles FC

"The Black Lions"

I bet you if we put it to a ballot of what system we should use, the old system we disbanded last season, the new current quality system or my suggested system where cups are held in level 'bands of 4 levels' and once you win promotion in the league 4 times you move up to the next level band for cups, my suggestion would win because its fairer to normal players and token buyers and it still gives a proper cup feel and it would designed to eliminate stupid matches such as L2 v L15, L3 v L20 etc.

New Current System - Unfair on token buyers
    Old System - Had pointless preliminaries L2 v L15
    Level Band System - Fair to all players within 'band' and eliminates the pointless L2 vs L15 scenario.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 03-10-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    CarlTaut likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast