Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How can I win a title? Looks like the game doesn't want me to...

Exclamation How can I win a title? Looks like the game doesn't want me to...

Hi guys,
    So I'm currently level 6 and I haven't got a single title/cup yet. I know I might be very impatient and my friends told me to just wait but there is just something I can't stand.
    So for the past 5 seasons, I purchased token once a season, trained players regularly, bought young and promising players and I watched (almost) every match. My team is considered one of the best teams in every league (the overall rating) but I have never ever won anything. I have taken this into notice since season 4 so the last 2 seasons I played for just the League (because I want to win the League first then start with other competitions).
    Example of my season is always like this:
    Beginning: W-L-D-W-W-D-L
    Middle: W-W-W-W-W-D-D-W (going up to 1st or 2nd in the league with mostly wins)
    Ending: W-D-D-L-W-L-D-W (back to 3rd, 4th or 5th)

The thing here is at the ending of each season, there will be like a 1st position competition between the best 2 or 3 teams right? But my problem is EVERY time there is an important match that I need to win to secure my position, I lost (or draw). No matter how much weaker was the opponents, I still lose or draw ridiculously (0-2, 1-3,..). And then lost the Title.
    I have been playing 4-5-1 V-Style and most of the time it works great for me because I have good wingers but not last season so played 4-1-3W-2 as well. Mostly Normal mentality, Mixed passing( sometimes Both Wings) and Low Pressing with Force Counter.
    My best performance are usually from MC, AML,AMR, DMC and rarely ST or DC (though I always look for the best possible DC and ST)

Please let me know what have I done wrong guys? Should I carry on playing or should I just stop wasting money every starts of the new seasons?
    Thank you very much 👍 sorry for the long post

Rookie
    attack mix mix counter of of side off hard zonal own half press

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
    pvhung429 likes this.

Your tactics are inferior, keep learning experimenting and growing.
    pvhung429 likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Famous
    I believe the main problem is that your team have difficulties to overcome opponents with similar quality. Probably your attracting strategy is not appropriate to play against similar quality or stronger teams. Probably, you did not make best decision during head to head matches with these opponents.

In low levels, usually there are only several competitive teams. These teams can usually handle the weak teams easily regardless of tactic, formations, etc. Their tactics may not be appropriate to play against similar quality team. But it is difficult to realize this because there are too few competitive matches.

In my opinion, there is no best tactic or formations. The optimum formation for your team depends on different factors like characteristics of players, compositions of players in the team, and your opponents. Personally I prefer using more conservative tactics to play against strong teams.

Some mangers suggest not watching matches. But in my opinion, in match strategic changes is important. Generally, during a match, I will try to feel the under-performing players (now its far easier with live match ratings) and then substitute them at around 60 minutes. But I will also make special changes to explore vulnerabilities of opponents, or fix vulnerabilities of my teams.

To build a team, it is important to find or identify some reliable players as key players and build around them. The key players are not necessarily the highest quality players.

I like rotate players to save green packs. However, if there is only 1 match per day, I will tend to continue to use similar formations and players.

Good players have bad days. Sometimes, if any player is in bad form, I will bench him even if he has high quality and even is key player.

I don't think buying tokens to build team at low levels is good practice. Managers will rely too much on qualities of their players for success. Low level competitions are good platform to try out different ways to win matches.

Sorry that I do not organize well. Just speaking out some of my thoughts for your reference.
    pvhung429 and nikolgiorgos like this.

Thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    I believe the main problem is that your team have difficulties to overcome opponents with similar quality. Probably your attracting strategy is not appropriate to play against similar quality or stronger teams. Probably, you did not make best decision during head to head matches with these opponents.

In low levels, usually there are only several competitive teams. These teams can usually handle the weak teams easily regardless of tactic, formations, etc. Their tactics may not be appropriate to play against similar quality team. But it is difficult to realize this because there are too few competitive matches.

In my opinion, there is no best tactic or formations. The optimum formation for your team depends on different factors like characteristics of players, compositions of players in the team, and your opponents. Personally I prefer using more conservative tactics to play against strong teams.

Some mangers suggest not watching matches. But in my opinion, in match strategic changes is important. Generally, during a match, I will try to feel the under-performing players (now its far easier with live match ratings) and then substitute them at around 60 minutes. But I will also make special changes to explore vulnerabilities of opponents, or fix vulnerabilities of my teams.

To build a team, it is important to find or identify some reliable players as key players and build around them. The key players are not necessarily the highest quality players.

I like rotate players to save green packs. However, if there is only 1 match per day, I will tend to continue to use similar formations and players.

Good players have bad days. Sometimes, if any player is in bad form, I will bench him even if he has high quality and even is key player.

I don't think buying tokens to build team at low levels is good practice. Managers will rely too much on qualities of their players for success. Low level competitions are good platform to try out different ways to win matches.

Sorry that I do not organize well. Just speaking out some of my thoughts for your reference.
    Thank you for your words. I find it interesting that recently, whenever I watch a match, I lose or draw but whenever I'm busy with my school work and unable to watch the game, I usually win.
    Example just today, I had 2 League games, 1 against a stronger team, 1 against similar (not much weaker). I didn't watch first one (strong one) because of school, I won 4-3 with 3W-2(DMC)-3W-2.
    And the second game (the similar one) I watched it and I lost 3-1 even though I scored first and dominated the game in the first 30 mins.
    In both games my opponents didn't watch the game.

My best player I would say is a young MC 4 stars and a DMC 5 stars and also my 2 ST (not always)
    I like 4-5-1 V style but now last season and this new season with 2 (in my opinion) good ST, I changed to 3-2-3-2 (that is 3W-2xDMC- 3W-2) because there was a Top Eleven fan page on FB posted something about it is one of the great formations to try. So if I play against team with 3ST, should I change it back to 4DC?
    I sometimes just change the Tactics from like Mixed to Both Flanks depends on opponents' formations. But I'm really not so sure if when should I play Off-side trap, when not to Counter-attack (sometimes the assistant manager just tell me the opponent knows how to stop my counter-attack and I'm not sure what to change)

Thank you
    Last edited by pvhung429; 11-18-2015 at 08:18 AM.

The reason people lose when they watch is that they are using counter-attacking formations that rely on their opponent having possession and then attacking quickly upon possession change. When they get the possession bonus for watching, their team becomes more vulnerable as they are likely getting caught upfield by possessing the ball more and committing overly to swift attacks as counterattacking tactics dictate.

I've done this to myself multiple times and its also why i only use counter attacks focus on away games or when i have a multi goal lead and know that my opponent is overcommitting to offense. Think in real life, if a team commits their keeper offensively to a corner kick is it best to pass multiple times short while all of their players are in your box or is it better to hoof it to your ST long waiting near midfield for somebody to spring him. This can backfire if your defensive line has poor offense and your opponents are pressing high you will likely get the message, XXX tries to start a counter attack but gives the ball away to his opponents. It's best used vs defensive formations that you need to draw forward in order to get a look on goal i.e. 5-3-2 3n2-1-3w-1, etc.

offside trap will also **** you if you are neglecting to put points into defense and therefore positioning on your strikers/wingers. I'm 98% positive that the success of an offside trap relies on your defenders' average positioning rating vs diceroll the offensive player's positioning when long passing is on. When short/mixed is on, dribbling and speed get taken into account as players aren't kicking the ball forward as much vs the defender's marking and speed.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 11-18-2015 at 08:53 AM.
    pvhung429 likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by pvhung429 View Post
    Thank you for your words. I find it interesting that recently, whenever I watch a match, I lose or draw but whenever I'm busy with my school work and unable to watch the game, I usually win.
    Example just today, I had 2 League games, 1 against a stronger team, 1 against similar (not much weaker). I didn't watch first one (strong one) because of school, I won 4-3 with 3W-2(DMC)-3W-2.
    And the second game (the similar one) I watched it and I lost 3-1 even though I scored first and dominated the game in the first 30 mins.
    In both games my opponents didn't watch the game.
    I prefer attending matches whenever possible to earn blue/green/red packs because it's my major sources to get these. But I also think that match result is not bad for matches I could not attend. So maybe we ought not to attend a match if we cannot concentrate, or just login in last minute to get the packs.

But for important matches, I prefer to attend and control the match on my hand. Honestly, I have some confidence on my in-match decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by pvhung429 View Post
    My best player I would say is a young MC 4 stars and a DMC 5 stars and also my 2 ST (not always)
    I like 4-5-1 V style but now last season and this new season with 2 (in my opinion) good ST, I changed to 3-2-3-2 (that is 3W-2xDMC- 3W-2) because there was a Top Eleven fan page on FB posted something about it is one of the great formations to try. So if I play against team with 3ST, should I change it back to 4DC?
    I sometimes just change the Tactics from like Mixed to Both Flanks depends on opponents' formations. But I'm really not so sure if when should I play Off-side trap, when not to Counter-attack (sometimes the assistant manager just tell me the opponent knows how to stop my counter-attack and I'm not sure what to change)

Thank you
    I think the 4-5-1v is quite good formation for most teams as it is well balanced. It is easy to use. 3-2-3-2 is looked fine but I don't feel comfortable to use only 1 DC. Personally I prefer to use 4 defenders. It reflects that my team is defensive mind. Occasionally, I push up one defender and use 3 defenders. But at least 2 of them are DC.

4-5-1v and 4-4-2 are my preferred formation. But recently my team mainly use 4-5-1v or 4-3-1(AMR,AML)-1. With some multiple position players, my team can easily switch to many different formations e.g. 4-1-2-1-2, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1, 4-4-1-1, etc so as to counter different opponents. I agree that the optimum formation is mainly dependent on players available. But I choose my players and build my team so that I can use my preferred formations.

I am not good at tactic and seldom make changes on these. I use mixed or both flank focus passing exactly the same way as you do. I rarely use offside trap (only temporarily use it during some matches). I usually use counter attack. I am not sure if these tactic are good, but at least I won some competitions (Yes, both my teams are league champion is last season) with these tactics.

- Use High pressure and Man to Man marking all the time unless you are in a very comfortable lead and you want to save player's condition.
    - Dont use counter attack because it makes your team harder to maintain ball possession, and trust me even when you turn it off, your team still play counter attack normally. Use counter attack only with defensive mentality, when face the stronger opponent.
    - 4-5-1V style is weak against opponents with flat midfield line, because their ML/MR will isolate your AML/AMR from the players below them. This this case switch to 4-5-1 flat.
    - Dont use Red arrow on ST, this way he will be more likely to get down and collect the ball rather than stand high and wait for passes.

- Rotate players regularly to maintain good morale and save greenpacks. Please note that in many games, the ones with lower rating perform much better than the "superstars" in starting eleven.
    - Focus training physical and metal on all of your midfielders (except for DMC)

- Set bonus for winning, lower the price of ticket to attract fans.
    - If a player (even a very promising one) doesnt perform well in several games in a row, put him onto the bench for 2-4 matches then give him the second chance. If he still gets low rating after match, sell him and buy another one.

Good luck!
    pvhung429 likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    So I'm currently level 6 and I haven't got a single title/cup yet
    read a lot.
    There are many interest threads in the forum and you don't have to pay for them.
    Tutorials & guides
    Team show case
    sections have many useful info !
    El Pistolero and pvhung429 like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast