Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How can I win a title? Looks like the game doesn't want me to...

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    read a lot.
    There are many interest threads in the forum and you don't have to pay for them.
    Tutorials & guides
    Team show case
    sections have many useful info !
    Although I agree, they are very useful, most are outdated.

Yeah, we are in the age of the AM(LCR) now, not the striker like we used to be.
    El Pistolero and nikolgiorgos like this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Yeah, we are in the age of the AM(LCR) now, not the striker like we used to be.
    and in the age of NO free agents
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

That too, unless you like 33 year old 3 stars
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    read a lot.
    There are many interest threads in the forum and you don't have to pay for them.
    Tutorials & guides
    Team show case
    sections have many useful info !
    Thanks for your reply
    I did read a lot of threads but since last season I was kind of frustatated because of ridiculously loses so I kind of didn't care much about the game until now, because even if I'm going to quit the game, I would like to at least win something first so yeah
    I have read lots of introductory and explanation to each Tactics setting and Formations but it's just so weird that I played against a 10+ less average rating than me last season, I still lost, i did play my best players&formations, I'm pretty sure my opponent has quited the game. But still 2-0 lost.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Well, if I were you, maybe I would start all over from the beginning - lv1.
    Take a look at that thread
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ew-club-2.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Reminds me that I won the the first league I ever played by buying two 4* players...
    ...only because I watch my bro played for a few months, and learned a lot about the game before I even played it.

Actually I won 7 out of the first 8 seasons league without paying.
    The skill level of the lower levels was just that low, but it has changed since people are now able to take over a lower level team.

Quote Originally Posted by pvhung429 View Post
    Hi guys,
    So I'm currently level 6 and I haven't got a single title/cup yet. I know I might be very impatient and my friends told me to just wait but there is just something I can't stand.
    So for the past 5 seasons, I purchased token once a season, trained players regularly, bought young and promising players and I watched (almost) every match. My team is considered one of the best teams in every league (the overall rating) but I have never ever won anything. I have taken this into notice since season 4 so the last 2 seasons I played for just the League (because I want to win the League first then start with other competitions).
    Example of my season is always like this:
    Beginning: W-L-D-W-W-D-L
    Middle: W-W-W-W-W-D-D-W (going up to 1st or 2nd in the league with mostly wins)
    Ending: W-D-D-L-W-L-D-W (back to 3rd, 4th or 5th)

The thing here is at the ending of each season, there will be like a 1st position competition between the best 2 or 3 teams right? But my problem is EVERY time there is an important match that I need to win to secure my position, I lost (or draw). No matter how much weaker was the opponents, I still lose or draw ridiculously (0-2, 1-3,..). And then lost the Title.
    I have been playing 4-5-1 V-Style and most of the time it works great for me because I have good wingers but not last season so played 4-1-3W-2 as well. Mostly Normal mentality, Mixed passing( sometimes Both Wings) and Low Pressing with Force Counter.
    My best performance are usually from MC, AML,AMR, DMC and rarely ST or DC (though I always look for the best possible DC and ST)

Please let me know what have I done wrong guys? Should I carry on playing or should I just stop wasting money every starts of the new seasons?
    Thank you very much 👍 sorry for the long post
    It's OK to post long, I do this every time

Coming to your point, it doesn't matter if you buy tokens, you need good players at cheap costs. So bid on last 5 seconds if empty, and never bid more than 3T. This way I got 4 4* players for 6T . BTW I'm level 4.

Also good players are nothing without a good manager. Atlético Kolkata has been a 2* team most of the time, but I still manage to win at least 16 games in the league. Yes I falter in CL, but that's my ATM. My real target is the Cup.

Remember these 3 formations—
    5-3N-2: Against favorites. partner it with mixed passing, defensive mentality, long balls and counter, high pressing, and man-marking. You'll be surprised by results!
    4-4-2 classic: play it with anything if there are no favorites. Anything can happen, so don't fear the result. Good defence is recommended.
    4-3N-3: If you're the favorite. Attacking, mixed long, no CA, low pressing, normal tackling, zonal marking and play OT.

Remember, even a 2* team can finish 2nd; my worst is fourth. Yet to win anything after 4 months of this game. Be patient. The manager who spends quality time with is team is bound to win, so watch matches.

And try to win that one where you have a good run. I am trying to win the Cup since my team has a good run there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12