Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree1744Likes

Thread: Season 75 - Are you ready?

Atlético Kolkata Day 3 Report

Yes!!!! We made a hattrick of losses!!! Defending champs lost 2-0 at home in the CL. With a weak, 3* squad, I'd rather enjoy the free money and tank in CL.

But the boys were back in track in the league (albeit at the cost of £500k). We are last in quality in league, so have a good schedule — play the harder teams first, then the weaker teams. We won 2-1 home. Just after halftime, new ST Arley Steer headed in a Baert corner to surprisingly give us the lead: But they equalised in the 70'. Finally John scored the winner from another Baert corner in the 83'. Of course, the MOM is Baert, who starred in the first win of the season.
    And here's our new goalie:
    I prefer old keepers, they're reliable and cheap for 3 years.
    Wiesse, talisman and reddeviljohn like this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

About 50% of my Cup opponents have gone from 3 stars and 2 stars to 6 stars already. A few 7 stars. There's even a guy 2 levels below my level with a 7 star team. That's 9 stars in his league! My CL are mostly 50% 6 stars 50% abandoned. My league is basically the same quality as I am.

Season 75 - Are you ready?-s15d3.jpg

New ST scored the winner in his debut.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Won c/l home game 2-0
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

League round 1

A hard first game of the league. From the start we set pressure but we didn't score a goal in the first half. We came 1-0 behind instead. Second half we changed our mentality and finally the goals were coming. We missed also a lot of changes. Sanchez had now a good game.

44' Stevens
    49' Bellerin assist Sanchez
    56' Ozil
    79' Bellerin assit Sanchez
    81' Giroud assist Wilshere

Giroud came in in the 81' and scored right away.

so I just noticed some thing very wierd. all my plus level opponents from the darn CL is now in my leauge and apparently same level.. what... all level 39.
    they are still +10 skill points from last years, but at least now I can compete.

but why, when winning their respective leagues are they now same level as me?

Season 75 - Are you ready?-2016-01-12-22_03_17-start.jpg

totally confused right now!?!?
    Wiesse and reddeviljohn like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

London City got off to a winning start, in the league, with a 3-1 home win. 2 goals from Stefan Krstevski and an opener from Dimitris Toponopoulous set us on our way, after being promoted last season.

Season 75 - Are you ready?-match-1-season-46-copy-.jpg
    talisman, Wiesse and Duncton like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

I am ready.

What have you learned from last season? So many things. That formations matter. That high Q players don't always play to their ranking (though I have not figured out why). That ST are not all they are cracked up to be. That skill gain for each player per game or training session is pre-programmed from the beginning and remains constant with corrections for skill and age (e.g., fast trainers and flops). That trainability of a player can be calculated by dividing his value by his salary (which also explained different values for players with the same Q and age). That next season's cup draw can be manipulated (to a degree and at a price).

Where did you place last season? 4th, which was huge because after 12 games I am was 8th and losing to lower Q teams. It was right around then that I learned the things above.

What's your current level? 7, also 7th season.

What's your budget for this season? I am not sure I understand the question, but my team is worth 173M and I have 23M cash, which changes quickly.

Who do you want to replace? I really hated my GK, but I replaced him on Day 3 of this season after the leagues were drawn. I have a revolving door at DMC position because I have several good lower Q players competing for the spot, but that's a good problem to have.

What are your goals for this season? To really understand how the game works, qualify for CL, reach semis in CL and Cup.
    Last edited by ponzu; 01-13-2016 at 12:38 AM.
    HoofDaddy, Arion and talisman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s15d3.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	60825

New ST scored the winner in his debut.
    Same here
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiesse View Post
    League round 1

A hard first game of the league. From the start we set pressure but we didn't score a goal in the first half. We came 1-0 behind instead. Second half we changed our mentality and finally the goals were coming. We missed also a lot of changes. Sanchez had now a good game.

44' Stevens
    49' Bellerin assist Sanchez
    56' Ozil
    79' Bellerin assit Sanchez
    81' Giroud assist Wilshere

Giroud came in in the 81' and scored right away.

But what's happening to Cech?

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast