Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Like Tree1744Likes

Thread: Season 75 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    If you really need to play Escobar (I would in your situation), either play him as the ST or instead of the MR in the AMR position, but with a Blue (defensive) arrow so he keeps an eye on the opposition ML. If anything, it will keep the opposing manager wondering what you're up to.

I used to keep the last year contract players hanging on renewing their contracts until the 3rd day of the following season (bearing in mind that I couldn't play them in the first two Cup matches) and it didn't affect their performance. It seems that Nordeus have put in a change that now affects their performance - last year's resurgence for Casuals was the first time for quite a while I've renewed the contracts at the start of the season (as an experiment) instead of letting them hang on. This season did the same and both Casuals and Terriers are playing the same as Casuals did last season.
    Season 75 - Are you ready?-image.jpg

Ok, here's how the formations look, just imagine blue arrow on AMR.
    I'm nervous but I think I need to take more risks. Would you play low pressing, zonal normal tackling?

I'm following rules. You can't expect us all to get along about everything all of the time. I'd rather have spirited discussion with a few insults than a circlejerk about how awesome we all are at virtual soccer managing.
    FVS0777 likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post

Ok, here's how the formations look, just imagine blue arrow on AMR.
    I'm nervous but I think I need to take more risks. Would you play low pressing, zonal normal tackling?
    From your initial post it looks like overall you're better, Q-wise - I'd start with Low press/Zonal/Normal tackling. If you go attacking for any reason turn off counter and high press on, until they start taking long range shots then turn it off again. I only use hard tackling if I'm in defensive mode and they're still causing me problems - I don't know the difference discipline wise, as I used hard tackling as default for most of a season a few seasons ago and went 13 matches without a card. I've never had any success with man-to-man marking so can't advise from experience there.
    Last edited by talisman; 01-16-2016 at 09:55 PM.
    El Pistolero likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Day 7 - Palace teams League report.

Palace Casuals had the first match this evening, and the Management put new signing Jason Purse in as the lone striker in a 4-5-1V formation facing a Narrow Diamond home side that were higher Q but languished in 12th position in the League. The match was an evenly fought encounter, broken only by the debutant slotting in a cross from right-winger Andy Bayunu three minutes from the break.

Season 75 - Are you ready?-s31-league-hl-round-5.jpg

Palace Terriers hosted the 12th-placed team in their League, but unlike the senior side held an advantage in Starting XI of 9Q. Recent signing triple-role attacking midfielder Nikolay Radev had his first outing as AMC, and scored twice in a 5-0 rout.

Season 75 - Are you ready?-s08-league-hl-round-5.jpg
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

From your initial post it looks like overall you're better, Q-wise - I'd start with Low press/Zonal/Normal tackling. If you go attacking for any reason turn off counter and high press on, until they start taking long range shots then turn it off again. I only use hard tackling if I'm in defensive mode and they're still causing me problems - I've don't know the difference discipline wise, as I used hard tackling as default for most of a season a few seasons ago and went 13 matches without a card. I've never had any success with man-to-man marking so can't advise from experience there.
    Ok then I'll test in a friendly to get an idea of how the team performs and how they react to changes winning/losing. Thank you for your help. Hopefully it'll turn my season around.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    I'm following rules. You can't expect us all to get along about everything all of the time. I'd rather have spirited discussion with a few insults than a circlejerk about how awesome we all are at virtual soccer managing.
    I've nothing against spirited discussion but can we have it without all the insults, name-calling and profanities?

Season 75 - Are you ready?-image.jpg

Friendly didn't go so well. Played against a 4*/5* team using the 3-1-3-2-1 formation against 4-5-1 flat which he switched to 4-4-1-1.

Stats were pretty much equal except he tackled more but he absolutely slaughtered me. Only 2 players had ok ratings, the rest were like they were playing out of position.

I won 2nd friendly against a mix of 3* 4* 3w-2n-2w-1-2
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 01-16-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    reddeviljohn likes this.

Victory for 3-0 against who's 3rd right now without attend and +5 points advantadge in the top.

Doulyazal 1', Rodrigues 43' and Giannistanis 78' scored.

Season 75 - Are you ready?-t40liga-j5.jpg

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Attachment 61024

I'm baffled....

Most goals I've conceded are from set pieces and usually follow after a booking. I'm 2-0 up then they get a freekick and then level the score. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. From League winners to 10th place and declining.

2 miracles happened in the first half. Pitry scored a freekick and my striker scored.
    My season is practically same as you. From 1st place to 10th. Today i was 2-0 and then they scored and free kick and a long shot at the 89' minute. It's the third draw in the league that we got after taking the lead. Sometimes, this game is insane

I've nothing against spirited discussion but can we have it without all the insults, name-calling and profanities?
    I used one insulting word in my first post directed at him. Why are you quoting me?
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast