Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Crushed by an assymetric formation!

In a 1:3 loss, it's what I would call a "safe bet" But yes, you impressed me again.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    I don't think your formation let you down as much as your orders. But here's what I would have used or something similar.

Attachment 62956

basically a ND variant to control possession. Zonal marking whole game. Would have started low left flank mixed defensive with CA switching to middle short high trap in the 2nd half, subbing the dmc for another amc/st, but you only have one amc soooooo....
    I'd mirror it.
    As I've said, STs, AMCs and wingers are best marked by DCs, DMCs and DL/DR respectively.

I never counter, always keep the same formation and tactics for a season, the players get adapted to it.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

I agree that consistent formations does help ratings but having multiposition players is something that I learned early from khris and gert and I never looked back.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Dreamer
    The thing I don't like 3 players on one side is that it has a critical flaw in the flanks. If the opponent plays defensive down flank the chance creation ratio (CCR) will be horrible.

Even more significant if the formation is asymmetric and 3 player on only one side, I've exploited this weakness many times and it usually provide a CCR exceeding 60% in my favor.

CCR is Attack : Defense in a game your team performed (success or not in those attempts are irrelevant), in rare cases this can exceed 2:1. Obviously the higher number of attacks your team make the better chance to win. This factor is mainly dictated by formation and orders.

I agree that consistent formations does help ratings but having multiposition players is something that I learned early from khris and gert and I never looked back.
    I also use multi position players, in fact most of my defenders have DL/DC or DC/DR, I can take a single position DC. The only single position defender is Kroos, a DL.
    I generally don't fuss with single position ST or MC (all MCs ard single), but wing players can be very limiting if they can play only there.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Yeah flexibility on your wing players allows you to go from a attacking form to a defensive form very easily. I used to hate ND when i started playing because the counter formation options felt so limited, glad I learned some hard lessons.
    Arion likes this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

I don't think your formation let you down as much as your orders. But here's what I would have used or something similar.

Attachment 62956

basically a ND variant to control possession. Zonal marking whole game. Would have started low left flank mixed defensive with CA switching to middle short high trap in the 2nd half, subbing the dmc for another amc/st, but you only have one amc soooooo....
    I have tried placing a dmr like that just to mark an Aml but I found out that there is a lot of space to exploit especially when he is caught out of position. So i had rather put a dr in this formation.

Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Awe Imoleayo Peter; 02-19-2016 at 09:00 AM.

I just use a down arrow to make sure he stays at home
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456