Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: This is almost comical

This is almost comical

Actually, it probably proves something rather profound about the game that several old-timers have been saying for a while, and others would vehemently deny.

Or it does not mean **** and it is simply comical.

Get this. For days, I have been training my lads' assess off, maintaining full bonus, high condition and morale, watching every game religiously and with other fans' help usually enjoying high possession bonus, carefully matching formations and orders, boosting just the right bonus at just the right time, and making wise subs at key moments. Granted, I have not lost in a while, but I have three disappointing draws in the last 5 matches, and have been stuck in the 4th place in the league.

Today, I had a match against the league leader, which I was dreading. He is one of the few opponents who has higher Q than me. He had 5 straight wins and had 8 points on me. He had beaten me in the first round, and he has changed his formation frequently, so I could not well benefit from that loss. I had picked my starting lineup last night in order to know whom I could afford to exhaust in training and who had to stay fresh. In order to confuse my opponent, I scattered the lads around the field in random positions, resulting in some yellow warnings. I meant to get back to it closer to the game and fix it the way I meant it.

Then I had a morning from hell at work and forgot about the match. I just checked the result. Two of the lads went in with yellow morale arrows and three were out of position. I did not get to switch mentality from Attacking to Defensive as I had planned. I had "Passing through the middle" where I had no players. I did not get to set high pressure or man-to-man marking. I did not get to boost the bonuses to 15% as I normally do. The opposing manager was there, tilting the possession bonus in his favor and....

....watched helplessly and made frantic subs as my disorganized, unmotivated and leaderless side beat his 2:1

So.

Either the troll for once was on my side.

Or as some have said, none of it (formation, orders, etc.) matters.

You tell me.

I don't think I will quit watching live games and giving orders, because it is addictive and highly enjoyable when I win. But I think I will stop worrying about losing or drawing despite the best planning and management. It truly could be out of our hands.
    Last edited by ponzu; 02-24-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    Duncton, Sully, Tyltyl and 2 others like this.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

TREBLE wins: 1
    League: 7
    Cup: 2
    Champions League: 2

You did well to keep an attackign mentality at home, man to man is hard vs a stronger side too, glad your productive day kept you from making bad managerial decisions.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Rookie
    Interesting. In every game of this type it is all RNG. Every outcome is a roll of the dice as you know. Try this as an experiment. Instead of going so hard with the training why not try those tactics against a similarly skilled opponent in a series of friendlies. Try 10 games and then post the outcomes on here.

It might be interesting to see the outcome.

Just saying.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    yea, some times the roll dice of the game ignores quality, condition, formations or what.
    But it's not common. You can see many posts in the vent thread but considering we play many games every season, having one troll result here and there it's acceptable.
    In general, an active manager who 's playing with the right way and watching his games, is rewarded in a long term.
    ponzu, HoofDaddy and Arion like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

managers that attend are winning far more often from my experience since the update, and rightly so.
    Arion, mani8005 and dave1311 like this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Well, then it's just comical, just as the subject states.
    Team Orange Roughies | Last season league winners, Cup and CL finalists | Season 11 | Level 11

A win is a win is a win, id field 8 defenders if it would guarantee me a 1-0 every game.
    Arion likes this.
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Game is made "to make you manage". This is the philosophy for what Ive seen, and I still defending it.
    So, if you attend you should make decisions, and if you are not there game will create a different scenario.

What differances can exist between don't attend and attend + to make one manage?... some, some differances xD

The game have these things, is like when usually theres a team in middle table that is low Q but hard to beat or, when the leader face the 2nd and to don't stay +9 points diff. this looses and stay +3... to keep interest?... how is made?, nobody knows really...

That sounds about right. The result felt like it was meant to stir things up for my oppo rather than to reward me.

With that said, I have had my share of troubles playing against skewed formations. Maybe my inadvertently skewed formation gave me a competitive edge.
    Arion likes this.

Addicted
    lol watch the game without giving order.... this is my result... and my first team is 9Q higher ~LOL
    lost to the 3rd...and my lead only left 1 point ahead of him (after he won me, he jumped to 2nd place..1 pt behind me...)

This is almost comical-screenshot_2016-02-26-14-30-21.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast