Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: A subject to think about

Quote Originally Posted by Medo zalata View Post
    The game depends on % as I believe.
    You can set your perfect counter formation, have the better quality then you will have +90% of winning.
    Even if you have 90%, you may fail.
    This is based on the fact that most managers in real life stick to one formation that better suits their team (quality in the game) and don't change formation every game they have.
    They change formation if necessary but they often change tactics.

However, nordeus should review their match calculation system because sometimes it depends too much on luck rather than logic. Also it depends too much on quality.
    In real life, managers do make significant changes. It might be not evident to some people, especially those who only watch TV, read the newspaper, and/or use the internet and refer to the 'formations' shown. In many cases, the preparations and the tactics (this include the formations) to be used are different. The difference in tactics can be seen if you analyse each match, the positioning of the players, each of their roles and so on. You will likely see that there are differences (sometimes big differences) to the formations shown or the formations that was said to be used.

In a game like Top Eleven, options are very limited in terms of tactics. There is clear lack of orders, especially individual orders for each player. But, this is understandable because this game is meant to be more simple as compared to other games like Football Manager and so on.

There is a big difference between football (including football management) in real life and football in a game like Top Eleven. Some people, including some users on the forum here (I am not referring to you Medo, nor do I am referring to the users that commented in this thread only) don't even know what they are taking about, especially those that try to justify things occurring in this game with events that happen in the past or how things are currently are in real life football. But, given that this a football management simulation game, many things can be done so that despite being simple, it can simulate things properly, at least to an extent that the main things concerning football logic are respected.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-12-2016 at 08:17 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by AramRonaldo7 View Post
    I was in the same situation a couple of seasons ago, the same team which was in my Legue (I won the Legue and him personnaly in League games) also played against me in CL, but it was my mistake since I underestimate him after Legue games.
    Underestimated or not, you would still have lost if the game already gave a lot of hidden advantages to the other team for that particular match. In some cases, nothing much can be done as a manager to change the final outcome, that is win or loss. If you have the quality advantage (but not to the extremes) and if you use superior tactics, you might earn a draw, but you will still lose on penalties. You will even notice how the game set things up and make things happen so that the 'already decided' outcome in terms of win or loss is respected. If you keep on observing for a few seasons, you might even see similarities and trends concerning such things (which means that these have been programmed to occur as such; there are no coincidences). So far, the only way to override this is to have quality advantages as high as +80% and above compared to the quality of the opposing team, where the significant advantages given by the game to this opposing team won't be enough to make you lose. In other words, this is the only guarantee to win, but it is expensive and hence not worth it, especially for a game like this.
    Last edited by Tactician; 05-12-2016 at 07:50 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123