Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Fast, Normal or Slow Trainer?

Rookie
    lol i'll rephrase... as you have 500T, i'd def consider a gamble if you're not flush with young players in his position!

If that guy at the bottom with +170 gets near that regularly, i'd def be throwing some green packs his way too

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballgkh View Post
    @bluebird, btw are u a Cardiff fan, see u at the derby next season if so

you can get through the lower levels easy enough without power training, but if you're going to the bother of having young lads in your squad rather than cheap oldies, you might as well train them a bit harder at least and try to max their useful life.

Based on the guys I have, if you're buying 3*, 18yo, 29Q lads as you might have to, you wanna look for a value of probably 3.5m+.

Regarding your youth player, I'm unsure, two mates took theirs and weren't delighted, I took my guy for 14T, trained him a little, 2 days after arrival he's 27Q 3.65m trains +150 on hard practice regularly. If it's a need position, I'd gamble on him if u have the tokens to spare and still leave yourself 20 for next season. If you've got young guys in that position, pass on him. Just my 2p :-)
    Yep, I'm a Cardiff fan. Don't say the derby (You Swansea or another fellow Cardiff fan?) next season, as I am still expecting us to mess it up again like in previous seasons.

Thanks for the input. I have started to train my 19 year old MC now and have managed to get him up to 33 in just under 24 hours (weekends are no good as I like a good lie in), so I'm hoping I can get him up to 35 by this evening (this is without buying any rest packs yet). Will hopefully work him up to a 6* and see what my youth's bring (4 days time).
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    A fast trainer acquire speed of 30/60/90 on 3 bars. Very fast usually gets 35/70/120. depends on the number of stars and age of player. training brackets are 18-20/21-23/25/26/26-28/29-31/32-34.

I'm not 100% sure but seems to me 5*-6* training speed don't varies much. 7* is much slower and 8* is very slow while 9* is turtle speed
    Firstly, thanks to all who have contributed here.

I have a question about the comment above relating to training speed and stars. Does training speed correlate to the number of stars or the quality number? Stars recalibrate at the start of every season so if a player drops a star in the new season, does it mean he may train faster again?

Quote Originally Posted by violetmind View Post

I have a question about the comment above relating to training speed and stars. Does training speed correlate to the number of stars or the quality number? Stars recalibrate at the start of every season so if a player drops a star in the new season, does it mean he may train faster again?
    Yes it does

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    A fast trainer acquire speed of 30/60/90 on 3 bars. Very fast usually gets 35/70/120. depends on the number of stars and age of player. training brackets are 18-20/21-23/25/26/26-28/29-31/32-34.

I'm not 100% sure but seems to me 5*-6* training speed don't varies much. 7* is much slower and 8* is very slow while 9* is turtle speed

After losing 1 star next season, the player training will improve. If for example your player is currently a 7* irregardless of which level you are. Next season he will be a 6* so his training skill progress return will be back to when he is a 6*. But age do play apart too. If he is getting older his return will also be effected.
    Started 21/02/13
    Team: (Kashiwa Washi) (柏イーグル) (คะชิวะนกอินทรี) (柏市鹰)
    Current Season / Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Season 1 / Level 1
    league champion
    Season 2 / Level 2
    League champion Undefeated GA = 1
    Champions League Undefeated GA = 0
    Cup Champions

View The Mighty Washi Team Stats

Thanks guys. Sorry about the double post. My fat finger may have hit the post icon twice on this mobile screen.

This was a fantastic read, thank you to all who posted here this has really helped with my decision too. A help to all those interested.

Although this may seem stupid, I do have a question.

I'm a L2 manager. I have a 3* quality 19 AMC & a 4* quality 20 ST.

AMC 3* 19 Q - Age 18 is worth 1.67 Million
    ST 4* 20 Q - Age 18 is worth 1.79 million

For a level 2 manager going into level 3, are these good investments?

Thank you all
    Level 2 Manager

Seasons Won

League Runner Up

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt View Post
    Yep, I'm a Cardiff fan. Don't say the derby (You Swansea or another fellow Cardiff fan?) next season, as I am still expecting us to mess it up again like in previous seasons.
    I'm a Swansea fan. Sadly, the embarrassing level of quality in the championship isnt enough to catch you lot, even in your usual Spring freefall Everyone's falling backwards and upside down over the finish line, but you're gonna get there first.

Yeah i managed to get my 19yo CF to 35Q but noticed a large drop off in his gaining speed. Luckily, he gets MOM at least 80% of the time so he gets about 100 for a standard game and another 100 for the MOM award :P Helps quite a lot with guys that get to scout!

I need to bump this topic for a clarification.

Some say : "no the amount isn't a point to spot a fast trainer".
    Some say : "yes the amount is a point to spot a fast trainer".

So, I bought 2 youngsters last season, the cheapest of all, and they were all slow trainers compared to when I invested double amount for the same aged player who were decent trainers. What to conclude then ? I was lucky ? It was a coincidence ?

What we must be sure of before buying a fast trainer youngster from the transfer list then ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast