Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ever since the update, my team sucks

Addicted
    The keeper issue is not new. It is time to sell him and get a new one, I used to have a fantastic keeper but once he reached certain age, his form dropped a lot so I sold him.

The defense set up of this game was somehow touched by the game engine, as well as the MCs, that is where I am stuck with.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    The other strange thing I've noticed is my keeper whose 100% with 1on1 ability that has been a very solid player for 7 seasons, all of a sudden can't stop ANYTHING, and my opponents keeper plays incredible every match.

Others see this pattern?

I also had this Problem but now I am playing good. I just Draw once in Last 10 Matches. Try to Change Some Arrows & Orders. I am still conceding though but I am also scoring more.

Dreamer
    Well tonight I drew a team 23% lower than me with no manager present.
    His 3 and 4 star defenders completely shut down my 6 and 7 star attackers despite my 12% attack bonus. I had 64% possession and was still outshot.
    I call BS on this game ever since the update.

Famous
    As a manager who rarely uses percentage to compare relative quality of 2 teams and don't fully understand the calculation of percentage, I think the percentage may sometimes mislead managers on using it to compare team qualities. For example, 20% difference does not represent 20% difference in quality. The difference of 100% vs 80% team is different to that of 80% vs 60% team.
    LeManiaque likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    As a manager who rarely uses percentage to compare relative quality of 2 teams and don't fully understand the calculation of percentage, I think the percentage may sometimes mislead managers on using it to compare team qualities. For example, 20% difference does not represent 20% difference in quality. The difference of 100% vs 80% team is different to that of 80% vs 60% team.
    Actually no, they are exactly the same difference -- a difference of 5 quality points per 20%. That part is a linear relationship.
    Now, the relationship between quality/stat points to actual performance could be non-linear. So a 60% team may do worse against an 80% team than an 80% team do against a 100% team. That part is unknown and probably involves too much noise from the random number generator.

But the percentage is introduced to spare some managers from getting headaches for translating the numeric quality value to their current level's five-star standard.

A 23% difference translates to about 5.8 quality points difference. The poster's team was labelled as the favourite and still lost.
    Season 71, Level 61

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Sih View Post
    Actually no, they are exactly the same difference -- a difference of 5 quality points per 20%. That part is a linear relationship.
    Now, the relationship between quality/stat points to actual performance could be non-linear. So a 60% team may do worse against an 80% team than an 80% team do against a 100% team. That part is unknown and probably involves too much noise from the random number generator.

But the percentage is introduced to spare some managers from getting headaches for translating the numeric quality value to their current level's five-star standard.

A 23% difference translates to about 5.8 quality points difference. The poster's team was labelled as the favourite and still lost.
    I am sorry if I make mistakes because I have not used current version for a long time. Probably I'm wrong but I don't feel that the relationship of star/quality points/percentage are simply linear. Moreover, since implementation of current version and introduction percentage, I am no longer able to exactly predict the quality point that players will add a new star. Even if relationship of quality points and percentage are linear, the line has been shifted since that moment. For example, I may think that a player will turn to six star at quality exactly 180 according to traditional experience, but he may turn to 6 star when he still needs 1 to 8 more sp to be 180q. That greatly confused me and was the third reason I completely gave up using current version. (BTW, I am not sure if the quality point as shown in old version is exactly the same as that in new version) As I understand, users of percentage do not feel such problem because 100% is always 6 star line.

Sorry again if i still have many misunderstandings. But I will not further study percentage as quality representation in current version and will not border current version users by making similar incorrect analysis on this.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 09-30-2016 at 03:26 AM.

Apprentice
    Everything was as old days. 75 stat points per star, meaning 75 stat points per 20%.
    In the player's page, it would require 20% increase on average across all 15 skills, so it's 300% total that your player needs per star.

It is linear. My spreadsheet still works after some minor tweaking to translate stats to percentage, and adjusting the base after each promotion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123