Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ever since the update, my team sucks

Dreamer

Ever since the update, my team sucks

Ok guys, I'd like to know if anyone else has seen this happening.

I am Level 30, so no I'm not some noob who expects to win every match, I know that's not how it works, with that said...

My team last season lost 1 game across all competitions, 26-0 in league, which contained mostly active managers. I won CL as well.
    I have kept the same orders, formation and players as last season, getting new players would be a bad strategy since i power trained many players and their ratings in the key categories were still very high, and they were all still under 25. I've won at least 1 cup or CL the last 5 season using essentially the same orders.

This season my team can't do anything right, and already have 2 draws and 2 losses to teams 5+% lower rated, including a pair of teams which i clobbered last season in league.

I train every day, and keep all my bonuses at either 8% or 10%.

Just recently playing attacking with 2 STs, AML and AMR, I was held to 2 shots at home in the first half against a team 9% lower whose manager wasn't even there (I eventually won 2-1, but was still outshot). I understand that you have bad games, I've played this game long enough to know that, but to have 3 or 4 in a row where your whole team just collectively plays well below expectation, that seriously makes you wonder if something has changed in the program.

A couple other managers in my FB group have reported their teams have been inexplicably under achieving as well this season.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen to their team since the update?

Dreamer
    Bridge- Some strategies might have been nerfed. Do you think there might be a reason for why the formation you used was targeted if that was the case?

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Svanberg View Post
    Bridge- Some strategies might have been nerfed. Do you think there might be a reason for why the formation you used was targeted if that was the case?
    That's EXACTLY what I was thinking...

My typical settings were, 3N52V, with AML/AMR red, attacking, short passes, counters, high pressure, normal tackling, zonal.
    I rarely ever deviated.

Why that would go from extremely successful to total crap I have no clue.

The same case. Very good team, 6* power trained, 26-0-0 and CL last year. But this season everything is the other way round...

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholo Simeone View Post
    The same case. Very good team, 6* power trained, 26-0-0 and CL last year. But this season everything is the other way round...
    The other thing which troubles me is that in league I've been with pretty much the same crowd for the past 4 or 5 seasons.
    There's about 6 of us usually dukeing it out for the top 4 slots, already lost to 2 of them which I have never lost to, and drew another guy who i slaughtered last season (tho he usually gives a good fight and was 3rd last season).

They also have very similar rosters and formations from prior matchups.

This really seems like not just having an off day...

Last 3 seasons I played 4-5-1v mostly, sometimes change the formation for counter; for changing my base formation 4-5-1v I don't have to change any players, I power train and give most of the players 3 positions. Today I sold all my scout players, even day before yesterday I bought one recommend scout, I also sold him today, I'm buying 3* cheap players then going to sell rest 14 players one by one. Yes, I'm Leaving the game; why, then I have write a big story. It's a very good game but some strategy I don't like; every season players skill lower way too much, dicing or bad day, competition team selection etc.

Especially lowerd players too much; Ie: on my first season I bought a dl/dc/dr with CK, he assisted over 15 but since lowerd the skill he can't even shoot the CK. Same thing with FK, areal or wall also goes bad soon their skill lowerd. I train my players everyday, you can judge, as lvl 4 manager my train lvl 50, 5000 training points not comes easily. My point is I train them they goes down way too much every season and there are not enough players on the market that buy every season new players and sell old lowerd players. Need too much time back n forth train the player then all over after 28 days boooom,

I salute those players who playing 30/40/50 seasons and having fun
    Last edited by ibangali; 09-24-2016 at 02:36 AM.

Addicted
    well....i think that is about the players..... like my good MC, he is in my team for 10 season so far (i got him at 18...since than, he plays very well....and he is 28 right now...) at his 23, i got another MC to back him up....they both are fast trainer, and skill % are almost same (also both has FK)...now, one is 24....one is 28....the young one was doing good at the beginning, but now, when i put him on (cause i want to sell the 28 one....as he is getting old and not gaining exp fast)....the team doing not good... my team is 120%....vs a quit manger with ST, MC as DC...position not in order..... half time... i still only won 1:0...and other team even has more shoot than my team..... so, i took out the young 24 age MC....put the 28 age back....guess what... i won 8:0 at the end....

same thing happen in the CL....the 24 age MC on.... and i was not able to watch the game..... i lost 1:2 at home game.... and the opposite is only 75% vs my 120%-.-! one dump MC can mess up the whole team -.-!
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

@ Ahlony
    I had 22 players, I sold 8 scouts, rest 14 I'll sell one by one when can buy any 2/3* player to replace, my players are between 18 - 24 yo. Only 2 players are 24 rest 18-22

Apprentice
    What I noticed from the live matches is that, the goalies save a lot more often now, and what used to be sure goals, may now go wide.
    There seem to be fewer counterattack quick breaks also.
    Season 71, Level 61

I thought I was the only one who facing that problem. In Last 5 season I conceded less than 10 Goals. But this season I already conceded 6 goals in 4 League Matches & All team were lower quality than me. That formation I used in last 5 season isn't working anymore. I have to change formation in the Middle of the game to win the Match. Maybe they have made Change in Game Engine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast