Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    In before he complains about being out of the cup first round next season
    The story of my second season ::)

Famous
    I would like to know if tanking aiming at dominating in next season still works now, especially for level 1 teams.

Level 1 is very easy to play. I wonder if "over-improving" a level 1 team through tanking will result in playing in a rare high quality level 1 league in next season. The qualities of teams in these league can greatly vary. Some of them may be unbelievably strong.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    if you read careful.... i already answer the post.... if the system don't want you to win... no matter what you do, you can't win.... and i already said i only use 1 formation for the 17 season (since season 2) --> this is the path .....
    Difficult to agree with you when you say:
    1) I tried everything but the game did not want me to win.
    2) I always played with the same formation.
    I think it's not your formation that won you games but your 8 stars. Sure, if you play with a consistent tactic (4-5-1V for instance), you will present a stong opposition to any formation in this game. Better than with a 2-2-2-2-2 for instance. Forum advices on formations and tactics are obviously meant for teams of similar strengh. I think you can beat anyone with any formation if you have a 50% advantage in overall quality.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    .... if the system don't want you to win... no matter what you do, you can't win.....
    "Just because we are all doomed doesn't mean we can't have a good time." --T11 mirrors life..

But yes, giving up is one option in your first season.

Edit:
    Last edited by LeManiaque; 11-03-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    I think it's not your formation that won you games but your 8 stars. Sure, if you play with a consistent tactic (4-5-1V for instance), you will present a stong opposition to any formation in this game. Better than with a 2-2-2-2-2 for instance. Forum advices on formations and tactics are obviously meant for teams of similar strengh. I think you can beat anyone with any formation if you have a 50% advantage in overall quality.
    I wouldn't agree with that until two weeks ago.

I have a six-star team now (well, everybody does after the game's latest update), but in the past two weeks, I have not beaten a single human-controlled team at all, both in the League and the Association. In fact, against the other six human managers in the league this season, I only managed two draws against one manager and lost all of the other seven games. I was 8-2-2 against these same managers just three seasons ago (this is the seventh consecutive season that I'm stuck with these same managers).

In the Super League, I'm put in a bracket with just one other team at six-star level. Everyone else is one or two levels below, such that I was able to beat them, so those don't count.

So yeah, I have not been able to beat any teams that are five-stars or above since this season began.

Anyways, to answer the OP, just do whatever you can to learn the mechanics of the game. I would suggest against spending any resources on your team this season, but do try to win with what you currently have. Use the next 9 days to learn about the game, and start fresh next season.
    Season 71, Level 61

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Sih View Post
    just do whatever you can to learn the mechanics of the game. I would suggest against spending any resources on your team this season, but do try to win with what you currently have. Use the next 9 days to learn about the game, and start fresh next season.
    Thumbs up to that. All you can do is try, whether your first season or your 50th. Games are frustrating and unpredictable, enjoy it beyond win-loss record and you'll enjoy it longer.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    read carefully...i was saying almost 8 stars not 8 stars... and this is half way of the season, and i play the same formation 3DC, DMC, 2 MC, AML, AMC, AMR and ST since season 2 ~ 4-5-1 V is not my option~~ and my formation beat many 4-5-1V~ and my CUP usually have 4LV above me and like this season i still get into 4 round! and if quality is everything you need, then why you just don't suggest everyone to buy token... go for 9 stars instead of talking formations and tactics???

o wait a min.... T11 also said quality is not anything, and many high quality teams were beat by the 3 star team....this is not they were not good, that is the system set it!

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    "Just because we are all doomed doesn't mean we can't have a good time." --T11 mirrors life..

But yes, giving up is one option in your first season.

Edit:
    lol~ this is not giving up... that is quit~ similar, but different ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12