Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Many say Quality is not the factor in this game, even the admin also say that, but...

Rookie
    In my case it's the other way round.
    It is very difficult to compete in all three competitions at the same time. Either you perform well in the league or in the cups. Unless you have a significantly better team than the rest of the opponents (sth like 30-40% more in overall quality).

That's why winning the treble is so rare.

Quote Originally Posted by czero View Post
    In my case it's the other way round.
    It is very difficult to compete in all three competitions at the same time. Either you perform well in the league or in the cups. Unless you have a significantly better team than the rest of the opponents (sth like 30-40% more in overall quality).
    You should pay more attention on players performance grades while purchasing new player. I allways chose better performance grades then the abilities.

Послато са GT-I8200 уз помоћ Тапатока

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albator1 View Post
    I disagree...i am always present in the game...and i lose regulary from better teams, specialy in the cup and CL. Even if i win first game 2:0 against player 2lvls above...i lose 5:1 in return. In this tipe of competition its imposible to win in 2 games.For me its much easier to win against murinho then the other stronger teams. Since this is all about software i exclude the luck.
    if playing in a CH.L. or Cup final vs a team from different level
    1) I 'm +1 lv and one star stronger but I can't watch my game while opponent is present
    2) I 'm -1 lv, one star less, I watch and coach my game without oppo manager present

I vote 2)
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by nash123 View Post
    Quality doesn't matter, if it's close enough. I think, range is around 20-30%. Everything else is just luck and tactic.
    [...]
    Yeah, but who would win, Chris at 120% vs Chris at 90%?

I think ability matters a lot, but so does tactic and preparation.

I think it would be very hard to win like 5+ games of 10 against a extremely good manager with 30% advantage. Sure 1-2 of 10, but 5 would be tough.

The more I play the game, the more I get the impression that skill matter pretty much. Its always hard to compare these things, so much can impact it. But if I look at my MLs for AL FC for example, this is how they has performed:

Season 2: 6 stars -- 34 goals in 42 games; 0,8 GAG
    Season 3: 7 stars -- 19 goals in 29 games; 0,65 GAG
    Season 4: 6 stars -- 21 goals in 30 games; 0,7 GAG
    Season 5: 8 stars -- 28 goals in 29 games; 0,98 GAG
    Season 6: 8 stars -- 29 goals in 30 games; 0,99 GAG

And the trend is definitely the same looking at the other high scoring positions for Al FC and HFF. HFF got a very high scoring AMC, I have had the same player there all the time. The No's have been tremendous at 7-8 stars, but during season 2 and 5 he was only 6 stars and the No's did drop pretty much. Both Al FC and HFF only play with a DMR on the right side with an offensive arrow, depending on how many stars this player has, it feels like it really impacts my entire team. When I have an 8 star player there, they score a ton and plays really well. When I have a 6 star player there, my team struggles and that side can be exposed.

I fully agree that a player with 200% speed won't run twice as fast as a player with 100% in speed. There are a bunch of ways to make a 8 star Striker score less than a goal every 5th game or whatever, its not hard. But if you look at like a sample size of a full season -- I definitely think ability matters to a pretty great extent.

With this said, I also think that there is a contiguous affect to ability. Sometimes I have had like a great team but worthless DL, but the DL has scored more than ever. If you train a player hard every day and rest him before game, I also think he will perform worse than if he is trained much less.
    LeManiaque likes this.
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...s-players.html

Understanding the 2016 Training System
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ng-system.html

How to make a budget
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...op-player.html

Of course quality is a major factor! But as mentioned it is by far not the only one
    Al Svanberg likes this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Svanberg View Post
    The more I play the game, the more I get the impression that skill matter pretty much. Its always hard to compare these things, so much can impact it. But if I look at my MLs for AL FC for example, this is how they has performed:
    But if you look at my Top3 players, I can't agree:
    (red=Kraxner, 27y.o.;blue=Weigl, 25 y.o.;green=Costa, 23 y.o. - Stars are at the end of the season)

Season 3: 7* -- 50 goals in 51 games; 0,98 GAG
    Season 4: 7* -- 71 goals in 51 games; 1,39 GAG; 7* -- 40 in 34; 1,17 GAG
    Season 5: 6* -- 61 goals in 39 games; 1,56 GAG; 7* -- 52 in 39; 1,33 GAG
    Season 6: 8* -- 37 goals in 43 games; 0,86 GAG; 7* -- 14 in 26; 0,53 GAG; 8* -- 48 in 42; 1,14 GAG
    Season 7: 8* -- 42 goals in 45 games; 0,93 GAG; 7* -- 24 in 25; 0,96 GAG; 8* -- 58 in 46; 1,26 GAG
    Season 8: 8* -- 35 goals in 39 games; 0,88 GAG; 8* -- 42 in 47; 0,89 GAG; 8* -- 80 in 51; 1,56 GAG
    Season 9: 7* -- 42 goals in 45 games; 0,93 GAG; 7* -- 98 in 50; 1,96 GAG; 8* -- 88 in 51; 1,72 GAG
    Season 10: 7* -- 34 goals in 43 games; 0,79 GAG; 8* -- 42 in 41; 1,02 GAG; 8* -- 85 in 49; 1,73 GAG
    Current Season 11: 6*(but only 121%) -- 39 goals in 36 games; 1,08 GAG; 7* -- 30 in 36; 0,83 GAG; 8* -- 77 in 44; 1,73 GAG

So, you see, Kraxner is now only low 6*, but plays one of his best season, especially if you look at his last 5 seasons. You also see, his best season he was only 6* - and, he wasn't that good at his highest levels.

Weigl has a good start, one fantastic season where he was only 7*, but at the most time, he is "only" okay.

Only one, who is really good, is Costa. This guy won some really important/hard games on his own. And he isn't only a scorer... he had the most assists (currently: 182).

I don't know, what's the reason, why some players are good (without good stats) or otherwise. I also don't know, why it's possible, to have a really good keeper and suddenly, after a patch, he is the worst player in my team.
    (At season 09, he conceeded only 15 goals in 68 games - incl FA, at season 10, he conceeded to the patch (I think, it were ~30 games incl. FA) only 8 goals, after patch, he conceeded every game at least one goal. This season, he conceeded most goals in clubhistory and there are 5 games to play and with new Cupdraw, there are 2 games less. He conceeded goals vs ~80% inactive,unmanaged, illegal teams )

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Famous
    That GK rough patch

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    That GK rough patch
    you too?

updates every new season
    I don't buy token.

retired

FA (Platinum)

Dreamer
    Nash- My top player, Nuno Candeias, has 236 goals in 122 league games, and his first 30 games he was under 5 stars. I picked him up as a 3 star, and he didn't score that much. He is way over 2 goals per game the last handful of seasons.

He also did really well a season when he started as a low 6 star, but he completely stopped scoring at that level in the Association games. HFF is top ranked in my association, and it often draws a 130+ opponent. This year I got him back to 8 stars, and he has been sick in FA games again.

In the league, I don't think it matters a ton if a player is 7 stars or 6 stars or 8 stars when you mostly face 2-3 star opponents. Position is more important than anything.

I also think the amount of rest a player get also matters a ton. If you work a player hard constantly, they don't perform that well. But if they are left alone and don't play all games, they tend to get really hot. But, its just speculation on my part!
    A true beginners guide for ambitious players!
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...s-players.html

Understanding the 2016 Training System
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ng-system.html

How to make a budget
    http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...op-player.html

Quote Originally Posted by Al Svanberg View Post
    Nash- My top player, Nuno Candeias, has 236 goals in 122 league games, and his first 30 games he was under 5 stars. I picked him up as a 3 star, and he didn't score that much. He is way over 2 goals per game the last handful of seasons.

He also did really well a season when he started as a low 6 star, but he completely stopped scoring at that level in the Association games. HFF is top ranked in my association, and it often draws a 130+ opponent. This year I got him back to 8 stars, and he has been sick in FA games again.

In the league, I don't think it matters a ton if a player is 7 stars or 6 stars or 8 stars when you mostly face 2-3 star opponents. Position is more important than anything.

I also think the amount of rest a player get also matters a ton. If you work a player hard constantly, they don't perform that well. But if they are left alone and don't play all games, they tend to get really hot. But, its just speculation on my part!
    I don't see differences between FA and other competitions.

But you got a point: I also think, if a player rests on his own, he performs better. And I also think, some player need a break, after that, the perform very well again. F.E. Kraxner didn't score and was rated poor at the beginnig of week 3. So, my new ST played and he was amazing, but he got on Saturday a double yellow, Kraxner came back and scored every game at least one goal. Last two games, he made a hattrick each.

Costa is the only one, who never performed constantly bad (maybe one game of 15). If he didn't score, he assisted. I only give him a break, at 2.leg of semifinals, if we had a very good 1.leg and/or if had one yellow card - don't want to risk a final without him.
    He mostly plays 90'. Not often, I gave him an early shower, because he had a bad day. :P

updates every new season
    I don't buy token.

retired

FA (Platinum)