Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: re: player contracts

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    ATTENTION: The information in this post is partially incorrect. The correct information about Player Contracts is explained in post number 16 of this thread

Hey Everyone.

I've broken down the Contract Signing system in to the following (What Khris and Niko said is correct):

- Only the initial contract signing is 3 Years - a.k.a, When the player comes to your Club for the very first time.
    - Renewing a contracts ads a maximum of 2 Years (Three conditions follow from this):
    1) The contract already expired (7 days to sign) - Renewal results in an addition of 2 Years to current contract = 2 Years Left
    2) The contract expires this season (1 year left) - Renewal results in an addition of 1 Year to current contract = 2 Years Left
    3) The contract expires next season (2 years left) - Renewal results in an addition of 1 Year to current contract = 3 Years Left

Additionally to point 3) - If the contract was renewed in the current season (2 years left), the Manager can renew the contract again for an additional year, resulting in a 3 year contract.

So basically this lets you:
    - Utilize the player till the end of the season
    - Sign the player for a couple more seasons, if you like his performance
    - Add one additional season to the player's contract after you renew it, for a total of 3 whole seasons.

Hm, maybe a slider that let's you chose the exact number of years you want to sign your player for, would have been simpler.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    So it's more a case of Nordeus using ingenious ways of taking tokens from people.
    huh ?
    what's this has to do with this subject
    This has to do from how inform is a manager, how deeper he 's gong in the game, how much reading he did (or exchanging info/opinions with other managers), the perception, the experience he gets through time.
    For example I can tell you that your player (who is 26 y.o.) is a slow trainer so (unless you 'll spend a fortune of greens) next season he 'll be a 3* player so he won't be anymore effective vs 5*-6* defenders and GK.
    So it's wrong to renew (and before expiring) the contract of an "old" player.

But I have to, hoping they perform since their wage reflect their current ldevel.
    hey guys relax, this is just a game based in football management.
    I know that many people having the knowledge/experience from real football, try to think with the same way.
    Wrong, here there are specific functions.
    No player will be happy and perform better if you renew his contract before time and no player gonna have psychological problems and wont perform in the first 6 days of the season, waiting to renew or not his contract

More info (from http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...click-see.html )
    here
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...contracts.html
    and here
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...ge-player.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

[QUOTE=nikolgiorgos;433626]huh ?
    what's this has to do with this subject
    This has to do from how inform is a manager, how deeper he 's gong in the game, how much reading he did (or exchanging info/opinions with other managers), the perception, the experience he gets through time.
    For example I can tell you that your player (who is 26 y.o.) is a slow trainer so (unless you 'll spend a fortune of greens) next season he 'll be a 3* player so he won't be anymore effective vs 5*-6* defenders and GK.
    So it's wrong to renew (and before expiring) the contract of an "old" player.

Nik..I find it astonishing that someone like you can be calling my player a slow trainer. He is in his 5th season with me and he is at 76℅. I originally bought him in the low 90s and I am not the type that uses up greens on individual players. He trains with the team 4 times a day as recommended by the game, and rest packs are applied to players who need them when matches are close. Based on the fact that this game reduces your players by 20℅ every season, a regular trainer would have been a 2 star player or less by now if I kept him so long. So if he is not a fast trainer, I will probably never see one.

As it relates to my comment about Nordeus. I arrived at that conclusion because it defies logic. One would think that that if a contract is for 3 years, and you are given the option to renew, you would have gotten another three years. But from a business perspective the developers decided that there needs to be a trade-off if you decide to renew a contract instead of investing tokens on a new player off the market. This is my way of justifying why you get one year less on the contract for renewing.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by craigyc13; 12-14-2016 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Hi

for me fast trainer is the 5* (late 5*, not like those new youngsters of 80%) player who can hit 1 sp at 3 bars match training , or + 4 skills in a set of drills with -18 condition loss (avg, after 4-5 training tests ).
    So, this player at the end of the season can be near 7* without spending a bunch of greens to boost him.
    * So, you can keep a high q player for 4 seasons

Was he fast trainer at his youth ? Probably, but not now.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    - Only the initial contract signing is 3 Years - a.k.a, When the player comes to your Club for the very first time.
    - Renewing a contracts ads a maximum of 2 Years (Three conditions follow from this):
    1) The contract already expired (7 days to sign) - Renewal results in an addition of 2 Years to current contract = 2 Years Left
    2) The contract expires this season (1 year left) - Renewal results in an addition of 1 Year to current contract = 2 Years Left
    3) The contract expires next season (2 years left) - Renewal results in an addition of 1 Year to current contract = 3 Years Left
    The renew screen always says "Duration: 3 seasons" though, which makes you wonder if you're getting screwed, doing something wrong or if it's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by skrrr View Post
    The renew screen always says "Duration: 3 seasons" though, which makes you wonder if you're getting screwed, doing something wrong or if it's a bug.
    Thank you for pointing this out. Now to all the people who were defending Nordeus over what I mentioned. Please explain this to me. Based on my picture, if I click on renew, his contract should be valid for this season next season and the season after (1+1+1 =3). But according to how Nordeus calculates contracts. It expires next season. I can only assume their formula goes something like this (season 1 + season 2 = 3)..smh. I obviously went to the wrong school.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Alright, so I went directly to the devs about this to make sure that everything is confirmed, as I got suspicious of my own self in that I felt like something was missing.

Player Contract signing.

Note: 1 Year = 1 Season. Contract time frame includes current season. (i.e.: When the interface shows -> 3 Years left = Current season + Next season + Next season)

These are the 3 situations that can occur:
    1) Initial contract signing = 3 Years (When the player comes to your Club for the very first time.)
    2) Extending a contract = 3 Years (When 1 Year or 2 Years are still left.)
    3) Renewing an expired contract (first 7 days of season) = 2 Years contract.

About point 3) - The player's contract will be updated for a maximum of 2 Years only if the contract has already expired and the player is waiting for your decision (First 7 days of the season). You can, ofc. add another year after that if you tap/click the Renew button - For a maximum of 3 Years.

Example:
    re: player contracts-contract-renewal.jpg

I've edited my first post to include a warning for the fallacy of my statement, and to redirect attention to this post!
    skrrr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by

About point [B
    3)[/B] - The player's contract will be updated for a maximum of 2 Years only if the contract has expired and the player is waiting for your decision (First 7 days of the season). You can, ofc. add another year after that if you tap/click the Renew button - For a maximum of 3 Years.
    /
    Thanks for your attempt to clarify the issue Jeeves. But I am a bit confused about the last part. Are you saying if we renew the contract twice (initial renewal and press renew again) we get the additional year? Or are you saying that there is an option to select 3 years when renewing? Because because I am pretty sure the standard duration is 3 years and that cannot be modified.

The max you can have is 3 years in any case.
    if you buy a new player (so you have 1 +2 more seasons), you can't renew for this season.
    Only the next one, to make it again 1+2.

* but really there is no reason for that.
    It's not a good managerial action

Quote Originally Posted by craigyc13 View Post
    Thanks for your attempt to clarify the issue Jeeves. But I am a bit confused about the last part. Are you saying if we renew the contract twice (initial renewal and press renew again) we get the additional year? Or are you saying that there is an option to select 3 years when renewing? Because because I am pretty sure the standard duration is 3 years and that cannot be modified.

As Fredi said:

The player's contract will be updated for a maximum of 2 Years only if the contract has expired and the player is waiting for your decision (First 7 days of the season). You can, ofc. add another year after that (so expiring contract, renewed during the 7 days add 2, but you can extend the ontract once you've renewed it and have the 3rd year) if you tap/click the Renew button - For a maximum of 3 Years.

Then a thing that an be interesting discuss is... what is more effective in cash terms? once a player contract is finished add the +2 and too the 3rd year? ... so you do the ontract now for 3 years and you can keep the salary thse 3 years paying for the extension?¿ I never used the calculator to se what contract formula is more less expensive or if all give the same result..

By the way too I gonna add this thread in the 2nd index, including Jeeves - Dev's explanations so we have a direct answer for these contrac dubts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast