Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: re: player contracts

Question re: player contracts

Hi All,

I have been reading your posts for a couple months now, and now that I have an issue, it's my turn to start a thread. I am in season 11 and I have a very good cam/ram fast trainer who is the captain of my squad. I was so impressed with him that I decided to renew his contract when it expired at the start of last season. The issue I am having is that when I renewed it, the contract said it has two years remaining. Normally contracts are for 3 years. I immediately contacted support and this is the response I got:

Thanks for reaching us again.

The reason you are seeing that two years are left from the player's contract is because the game automatically takes into account the current season. Thus, the visual representation of the length of the contract is 2 years - meaning that you have two more upcoming seasons in which the player in question will for sure remain loyal. The current season doesn't count when you are viewing the player's profile.

For the new players this does not apply since they had not played in your team previously.

Hopefully this explains it.

Now this season when I look on my player, it says his contract is expiring this season. Am I missing something here ? Because it seems that when you renew a players contract you only get 2 seasons max and when you buy a player you get 3 seasons.

Here is the player:

re: player contracts-tmp_13145-screenshot_2016-12-12-17-52-54-1486470676.jpg

do it in the begining of new season. you given 7 days to renew bt for your case i'm not sure.

Rookie
    I've noticed this too. It's been going on for a good while now. I have too much money so I don't care, but I have to renew players every 2 seasons.

1year left means this season + 7 days of the next season to renew.

If you see the "1 year of contract" (this) and you renew +2 are added, so 1+2 , 3 years. If the season started and the contract has expired, and you do the contract during the 7 initial days as is a expired contract is 0 + 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    1year left means this season + 7 days of the next season to renew.

If you see the "1 year of contract" (this) and you renew +2 are added, so 1+2 , 3 years. If the season started and the contract has expired, and you do the contract during the 7 initial days as is a expired contract is 0 + 2 years.

Do you not realize the blatant mathematical error in the contract system for this game?

Using an abstract example for this season:

(i) I buy Player 1 at the start of this season. I can use him for this season, next season, and the season after. At the end of the 3rd season, his contract is expired, and at the start of the 4th season I get 7 days to renew his contract.

(ii) At the start of this season, player 2's contract is expired, and I have 7 days to renew it. I decide to renew player 2's contract on the same day that I purchase player 1. The difference is, I can use player 2 for this season, and next season ONLY. At the end of next season his contract is expired, and at the start of the third season, I get 7 days to renew his contract.

Where is the consistency? Where is the logic?

I just want to make it clear khris that I am not attacking you, I am merely trying to find someone who can provide a logical explanation for this, because I highly doubt there is.
    khris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by craigyc13 View Post
    Do you not realize the blatant mathematical error in the contract system for this game?

Using an abstract example for this season:

(i) I buy Player 1 at the start of this season. I can use him for this season, next season, and the season after. At the end of the 3rd season, his contract is expired, and at the start of the 4th season I get 7 days to renew his contract.

(ii) At the start of this season, player 2's contract is expired, and I have 7 days to renew it. I decide to renew player 2's contract on the same day that I purchase player 1. The difference is, I can use player 2 for this season, and next season ONLY. At the end of next season his contract is expired, and at the start of the third season, I get 7 days to renew his contract.

Where is the consistency? Where is the logic?

I just want to make it clear khris that I am not attacking you, I am merely trying to find someone who can provide a logical explanation for this, because I highly doubt there is.

To make it easy, initial contract, 3 years, extensions, add +2.^^

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    To make it easy, initial contract, 3 years, extensions, add +2.^^
    I would have given you the benefit of the doubt if it was an extension. But the contract was not extended as it expired. The contract was renewed. Apart from that, if you read what support said below

"Thus, the visual representation of the length of the contract is 2 years - meaning that you have two more upcoming seasons in which the player in question will for sure remain loyal. The current season doesn't count when you are viewing the player's profile."

I was given the impression that I would have him for 2 more seasons after the season of renewal (or am I reading wrong?)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    one thing that confuse people is that when we buy (or sign) a new player, the contract is 1+2 years but the renewal is 1+1 years
    Jeeves likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    one thing that confuse people is that when we buy (or sign) a new player, the contract is 1+2 years but the renewal is 1+1 years
    So it's more a case of Nordeus using ingenious ways of taking tokens from people. It currently doesn't cost you any tokens to renew a contract, but you have to invest at least one token to buy a new player. The trade-off that we as players have to make is that we lose one year off a players contract for renewing it. It all makes sense now....

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Extension is always 2 or 1 years.
    I renew my player when they are 2 yrs left and I only get 1 year extension.
    But I have to, hoping they perform since their wage reflect their current ldevel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast