Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By LeManiaque
  • 1 Post By Belafonte FC
  • 1 Post By PricopGeorgeCătălin

Thread: Player attributes

Player attributes

Hey guys. Could some experienced managers weigh in on what the player attributes mean and how they function during a match? This is such an important issue but I haven't managed to find a tutorial covering it. The ones I'm wondering about are positioning, bravery, finishing vs shooting, passing vs crossing, strength and aggression.Thank you.

Famous
    Anything we can share here is very anecdotal on this topic. Some managers will tell you individual skills don't matter, plenty even say overall quality doesn't matter.

Personally, I think the individual skills matter a great deal. I also have a very competitive record. But I can't prove they are related any better than other managers can prove we are all powerless to the trolls and the system.

My advice: come up with your own "mythology" that explains the game in ways that satisfy and intrigue you. My concept of how the mechanics might function develop ever time I play, and that mystery is one of the best aspects of T11.
    Toxcatl and Temidayo_ like this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Famous
    You can give yourself some ideas, if you're not familiar with the jargon, by reading general articles about finishing vs shooting for example. Crossing and passing. Some of these are close in term, but very distinct in action.

You can use that base football knowledge, along with clues from watching matches, and the training drills to make some of your own ideas of what is happening.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    LeManiaque said something very good, some people believe they work some people believe they don't so the best is to make your own opinion about this.

In my opinion they work but not as much as others believe and I guide myself more on OVR and not just on some attributes.

To support my words, just think at those super players created by some managers, they are 8,9 stars, they have 500% on speed and 1% on marking, what does this mean that if he takes the ball he would run 5 times faster then a real football player? I would love to see those attributes working on live match, would be funny.

Yet, according to discussion one year back with a Top Eleven developer those attributes should also work individually so as a final answer YES they work but because nobody was able to come with a detail guide and arguments on this I try not to guide just based on some certain attributes but on OVR quality.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

I have found the actual Names and Descriptions of the Training Drills to be very helpful with determining what attributes / skills translate to in game actions.

Examples:

One Line of Defense - "This training is also helpful if you plan to use the offside trap tactic." - So, for me this pretty clearly indicates that for defenders the Marking and Positioning skills play a part in determining the execution and quality of your offside trap. For Keepers, Communication and Concentration.

Fast Counter-Attacks - skills used (non-Keeper): Creativity, Passing, Crossing, Finishing. - If you're planning to employ the "Force Counter-Attacks tactic, this tells me you need to make sure your Wingers and Midfielders are both very Creative and exceptional at Crossing and Passing, respectively. Likewise with your Strikers, this will emphasize Finishing over Shooting, in my opinion.

These are two pretty obvious examples, certainly I'm not the only one to mention something like this. But the clearly visible information provided in this core mechanic of the game should be leveraged as much as possible when thinking about what tactics you want to use and how you want to build your players. Pay attention to what's right there in front of you and try not to over-think it.
    LeManiaque likes this.

VIP
    Positioning is important for pass interception and zonal defence, also for strikers to be able to receive a pass or a cross at the right place, before opponents defence reacts... Shooting is both, strength and accuracy of mostly distant shots, while finishing is reaction to passes and crosses... Better finishing, less chance to miss the ball or send it off target... Passing and crossing are obvious, no need to be explained... Strength is important while fighting for position in the box or in man to man marking situations... Aggression is important to make opponents passing difficult and to get loose ball before your opponent does...

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belafonte FC View Post
    I have found the actual Names and Descriptions of the Training Drills to be very helpful with determining what attributes / skills translate to in game actions.

Examples:

One Line of Defense - "This training is also helpful if you plan to use the offside trap tactic." - So, for me this pretty clearly indicates that for defenders the Marking and Positioning skills play a part in determining the execution and quality of your offside trap. For Keepers, Communication and Concentration.

Fast Counter-Attacks - skills used (non-Keeper): Creativity, Passing, Crossing, Finishing. - If you're planning to employ the "Force Counter-Attacks tactic, this tells me you need to make sure your Wingers and Midfielders are both very Creative and exceptional at Crossing and Passing, respectively. Likewise with your Strikers, this will emphasize Finishing over Shooting, in my opinion.

These are two pretty obvious examples, certainly I'm not the only one to mention something like this. But the clearly visible information provided in this core mechanic of the game should be leveraged as much as possible when thinking about what tactics you want to use and how you want to build your players. Pay attention to what's right there in front of you and try not to over-think it.
    They had to add a description NO? So everything could be written there but anyway very good example.
    LeManiaque likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Apprentice
    Each calculation involves many factors. It's not like in the past that, say in an RPG, the attack damage only relies on the weapon damage and the character's strength. At this point in technological advancement, each action in this game can take many attributes to calculate, such that no one attribute can be singled out as "important" and have everybody trying to train up that one attribute alone. In other words, you won't be able to find just from observation any correlation between one action and one attribute.

Do you understand what I'm saying?
    Season 71, Level 61