Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Can I lose....please???

Rookie

Can I lose....please???

Ok so after 8-9 seasons I was starting to be tired of this kind of game of rebuilding every month for yet another season. So this time I went with a different strategy, I would do a 2-month cycle where I would build a A-team that I would use in the Cup and CL while losing the season with a weaker B-team so that I don't graduate and keep my A-team for another season. Then the cycle would begin again.

That weaker B-team is actually my team from the previous season. Plus the 20% academy guy I kept just to make it even weaker. It is currently sitting at 71%, so not too shabby but still should allow me to finish under 7th. The A team right now is at 95%, so looking good already for next season.

However....here is what is curently happening... Despite my efforts to lose, I'm sitting in 5th place in the league, and I even beat a team at 98% yesterday using my 71% team. I couldn't believe the result when I saw it. I was so annoyed by that result that today, I decided to field the same team but with players in mismatched positions i.e. ST playing as AMR, MC as ST, etc, so a mix of players with red and yellow flags. I was playing a 83% team.... Result was a draw at 0-0. I mean, come on.... something is fishy here.

I've seen a thread about how team can be stronger when the manager is not watching them, and I'm actually wondering if this is what is happening. I can't believe that players out of position all over the field would give a 0-0 draw. It doesn't make any sense to me. It makes me question the game engine actually.
    Toxcatl likes this.

This is a very interesting strategy! For how long you are using it? Is money enough?
    What formation do you use? Try "the corridor" (all players are on flanks, mispositioned) with a field player as goalkeeper.
    CM-16 and ChelseaJohn like this.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    This is a very interesting strategy! For how long you are using it? Is money enough?
    What formation do you use? Try "the corridor" (all players are on flanks, mispositioned) with a field player as goalkeeper.
    This, man, will definitely get you losing.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    Ok I managed to lose two more games by putting the GK on the field, and a DMC in goals. That should work ;p

As for your questions. Money is not a problem because the first season, I am in both CL and Cup so making tons of cash. As for the league, win or lose you still play 26 games. The second season, I won't be in the CL (since I tanked the previous season) however, I will not be buying new players either since I will still have the same team. Then the cycle starts again.

I hope it is a fun way to play this game because I would rather build a team over two months rather than doing it over and over again every month. Beside, it is not like there is any advantage in increasing levels.
    Toxcatl likes this.

i go in 6 month tanking cycles (play 5, tank 1) it allows me to build some continuity/attachment to my squad and find those long-term players that you want to keep until retirement. i've never liked keeping 4 players and rebuilding from near scratch though i understand why some do it.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyjack View Post
    Beside, it is not like there is any advantage in increasing levels.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna try this strategy!
    It wasn't our day.

Famous
    Presently, I only see advantages in tanking. There used to be a price to pay: no CL next season. But this is no longer the case thanks to the new SL. I tanked and won it last season. So, I qualified for the CL in this one. You can aim to for a treble right after a tanking season, which is great !
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Presently, I only see advantages in tanking. There used to be a price to pay: no CL next season. But this is no longer the case thanks to the new SL. I tanked and won it last season. So, I qualified for the CL in this one. You can aim to for a treble right after a tanking season, which is great !
    How come you played NiveaMenLigue right after tanking?
    Isn't like only places fifth to eight qualify for Nivea League?

Rookie
    Can anyone confirm my doubts above?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    if you won previous CH.L. or S.L., you promote to play in the next CH.L. even if you didn't promote in you league.
    Simple
    Matteo de Clemente likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast