Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Force Counter Attacks !?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    If you are not playing with Force Counter Attacks or with offside trap that does not means that your team will never counter attack or play offside trap...

Playing with Counter Attack means that you are deliberately trying or forcing your team to create a Counter Attack by losing ball possession so that your opponent can attack you and when they are in your half you can Counter Attack them...That's why Forcing your team to play Counter Attack works well with Defensive formation and when you have less possession......
    Hi Sid..that means when I have less possession compared to my opponent..I can consider turn on force counter attack? Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shakiraa View Post
    Hi Sid..that means when I have less possession compared to my opponent..I can consider turn on force counter attack? Thanks
    Yes, it should work well but then you formation should be a defensive one......

Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    This is the best answer I've heard in a while, I know there are a lot of differing opinions about the use of 'Force Counter Attack'. But your answer really fits what I have been experiencing with my team, I counter with different formations, tactics and mentalities, all the time, and it has the exact effect you have described.

Force counter may be more effective with a normal or defensive mentalities, but you can use 'force counter' within an attacking strategy too, I attack!

Once the opposition looses the ball whilst on offense, 'force counter' will long pass (even if you have set short pass on!) to the front most open striker let it be a ST, AMs, Ms or even Ds quickly, and shock attack them. It really has nothing to do with your defense being unorganized or not. Its most effective if their defense is unprepared (no off side, man on man) for this sudden attack. Your attacker will 80% lone it, one-on-one or just have support and pass/cross at the last minute. It is a low possession move, giving the ball away a lot, but the rewards are high, so you have to judge.

I play 'force counter' all the time, my assist are very very low, (3 goals to 1 assist) most goals are one-on-one, so best if your have strikers that can dribble, shoot and finish.

When giving out help to newbies about tactics and formations I will always say "I like to counter", that is it, I will not insist this is the best thing since sliced bread.

I have built my team with 'force counter' in mind, always pressing my own half, I have a strong defensive back line, no off sides and a fall back DMC most games. 100's of games all with 'force counter' on, I'm like addicted, whenever I test it off, I see the difference, fewer goals.

Force counter is most noticeable when used against weaker or stronger teams. Teams with an all out attacking mentality, a red out team.

P.S. Please do not misunderstand, there is no turbo button with top eleven, force counter if done incorrectly will lose you more game than win.

Peace!
    Good answer but....

We don't know if it really works here... or just cosmetic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    Good answer but....

We don't know if it really works here... or just cosmetic stuff.
    Force counter will affect your passing ration, your assist, you will see different comments(!!!) and it will change the way your team attacks.

Turn it off in a friendly and turn it on against the same team, keep your conditions and morale the same and see the difference.

P.S. There are lots of people that believe Force counter will cause you to be defenseless which is untrue, it is about the speed of your attack build up. A slow short pass build up will also fail, just Force counter attack fail rate is higher, but used against a man-on-man team or an all attack team, it's the BOMB!
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    If you are not playing with Force Counter Attacks or with offside trap that does not means that your team will never counter attack or play offside trap...

Playing with Counter Attack means that you are deliberately trying or forcing your team to create a Counter Attack by losing ball possession so that your opponent can attack you and when they are in your half you can Counter Attack them...That's why Forcing your team to play Counter Attack works well with Defensive formation and when you have less possession......

This, from what i've seen your team can counter attack regardless of whether you have it ticked (based off of your mentality) when your opponent makes a mistake and has alot of his team pressing forward. But forcing a counter attack means you try to create the opportunity yourself ie your defense might rush up on the opponents attack to disposses them and then launch the counter (however if they fail to disposses them and get outplayed then the attack=1 on 1 with goalkeeper. The defense might also play the ball from their own box to the midfield while the midfield/attack get in position for the counter giving you a numerical advantage in the opponents defensive half if the defender successfully gets the ball away, but if they get dispossessed then your opponent will counter or a block will just end the attack. So ticking force counter attack is most effective when playing with a defensive formation and your wing backs have a high physicality rating compared to your opponents attack and are playing 4 or 5 defenders. It can of course work on any formation but if your defense is weaker than your opponents strikers/midfield then you're gonna have a bad time.

Top eleven also seem to have defenders sometimes scoring from forcing counter attacks (a lot of my dl/dr/dmcs have a few goals and a few assists in their time at my club)
    Philip L. Willis likes this.

Force Counter-attack works.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    Force counter will affect your passing ration, your assist, you will see different comments(!!!) and it will change the way your team attacks.

Turn it off in a friendly and turn it on against the same team, keep your conditions and morale the same and see the difference.

P.S. There are lots of people that believe Force counter will cause you to be defenseless which is untrue, it is about the speed of your attack build up. A slow short pass build up will also fail, just Force counter attack fail rate is higher, but used against a man-on-man team or an all attack team, it's the BOMB!
    Ok, I'll try it out, but be advised that when we have tokens and great players, everything we think seems to work.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I play counters on my 35T team, too. It hasn't power training, so I think it's safe to call it an average team.

I agree with Buffs.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    I am a fan of counter attack (use it mainly with 4321, 451v, or motivated 442 (with 1 winger play higher upfront wt 2 st). Won many trophies, league tittle, c1 and doing well in cup (im not a token buyer) and I hv hd several undefeated results in league. 1 thing is, i applied counter attack on 1 main acc and 3 sub, all lvl 20+ and beat better Q rivals easily times by times. howerver, as far as i Noticed, counter only works with defensive mode and/or normal mode. Certainly, Attacking dont need counter attack, and if you dare to play attacking along with counter, feel free to experience some "unexpected results" againts much weaker teams. The most important thing is, playing counter attack need a different way of building players.

Quote Originally Posted by gohannie View Post
    I am a fan of counter attack (use it mainly with 4321, 451v, or motivated 442 (with 1 winger play higher upfront wt 2 st). Won many trophies, league tittle, c1 and doing well in cup (im not a token buyer) and I hv hd several undefeated results in league. 1 thing is, i applied counter attack on 1 main acc and 3 sub, all lvl 20+ and beat better Q rivals easily times by times. howerver, as far as i Noticed, counter only works with defensive mode and/or normal mode. Certainly, Attacking dont need counter attack, and if you dare to play attacking along with counter, feel free to experience some "unexpected results" againts much weaker teams. The most important thing is, playing counter attack need a different way of building players.
    You could be right, because I'm using Attacking formation with Counter-Attacks and I had some "unexpected results" recently (but only this season ). I'll try to don't force counter-attacks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123