Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 8* --> *9: Worth it?

8* --> *9: Worth it?

So, I've had this 21 years old fast trainer who was was sitting on 6 stars the whole season. I had a LOT of green packs, so I just spent it on him and bumped him to 8* in an hour. Now when I spend more green packs on him, he barely gains new +1%s. Is that because going from 8 to 9 stars is ridicioulys hard? If so, would keeping him on 8 star this season and upping him back up to 8 next season be easier, or did he just reach his *personal* cap? Thanks.
    Chelses Fc likes this.

Every additional star significantly reduce the training pace (is it a correct term?), as well as every additional year in his age. That was ineffcient to waste a LOT of greenies on the old dude, especially at the end of the season, and to train him that high.
    It is better to spend greens on several 18 y/o FTs at the beginning of the season.
    LeManiaque and Bunzo like this.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    Every additional star significantly reduce the training pace (is it a correct term?), as well as every additional year in his age. That was ineffcient to waste a LOT of greenies on the old dude, especially at the end of the season, and to train him that high.
    It is better to spend greens on several 18 y/o FTs at the beginning of the season.
    1. I counted on him to be with me on the next season. Is that wrong thinking? Aren't 18-21 all the same in training efficiency? I thought the inefficiency starts to creep in at 22.

2. Is it more efficient to NOT train players up to 9 stars, perhaps stop at 7?

3. When next year he gets to 7 stars again, will his training pace improve again? (facoring-in his 1 extra year in age of course)

4. * P.S is there any manager achievement for raising a player to 9*?

Quote Originally Posted by Regev View Post
    1. I counted on him to be with me on the next season. Is that wrong thinking? Aren't 18-21 all the same in training efficiency? I thought the inefficiency starts to creep in at 22.

2. Is it more efficient to NOT train players up to 9 stars, perhaps stop at 7?

3. When next year he gets to 7 stars again, will his training pace improve again? (facoring-in his 1 extra year in age of course)

4. * P.S is there any manager achievement for raising a player to 9*?
    1. Of course he will stay with you for the next season, but the season after that? And what about one more, will he manage to be at least 6* at that time without additional investment?
    Look, he will be 22 next season and 7*, that's ok. But 18 y/o 7* is better than 22 y/o 7*.
    2. I train my young FTs (three of them every season) more or less equally, and they're 115-130% at the end of the season, depending on their performance. No money invested.
    3. Yes, age and stars affect a player separately. His training pace will be slowed down by his age, but accelerated by losing a star. I can't tell what is going to win =]
    4. Nope. Here's the list of all hidden achievements: https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...ievements.html
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 02-02-2017 at 11:39 PM.
    LeManiaque likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

The reduction of training progress winning is a 15% aprox.

@Regev, if your player is FT 18-21 yo then yes, his training pace will improve again but if his age 22 or over then no.

I suggest you to read this plz:
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...op-player.html

In your case, if your player 8* n 18 yo then his current TEF is 0.08 next season he will be 19 yo but 7* and he will have same TEF as 7*, which is 0.11.

Btw, my point of view, spending tons of resources for a player to make 7* to 8* or 9* I choose keep him 7*. For exam:

Beginning of the season a 7* 18 yo FT can train to become 8* at the end of season with minimum resources cost plus playing matches. So, you can use him next 4/5 season (up to 21/22 yo) as 7*, after 22 cost increases.

Training is one of the most fun part for me, I enjoy it; I train my ck n fk, they are now 22 yo 7*+ (130%), next season I'll happy to spend more green for them. Have fun.
    Last edited by ibangali; 02-03-2017 at 12:56 AM.
    LeManiaque likes this.

Toxcatl do you ever buy 19 y/o players if their price tag/wage ratio is high enough? I barely see any 18y/os on the Transfer market
    Last edited by Regev; 02-05-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regev View Post
    Toxcatl do you ever buy 19 y/o players if their price tag/wage ratio is high enough? I barely see any 18y/os on the Transfer market
    I did once, last season. I didn't like it =]
    It wasn't our day.

I did once, last season. I didn't like it =]
    Where do you find 18y/os anyway? The whole day I found only one (3*) on the transfer market. Do you prefer buying a 18y/o 3* than 19y/o 5*?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Do you prefer buying a 18y/o 3* ?
    Hell no !
    only if you 're lv 45-50 where the market is "dead"
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast