Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: No promotion on purpose... Advantage???

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    105

    No promotion on purpose... Advantage???

    Has anyone tried not getting promoted on purpose?
    Or do you guys think it would be of advantage for next season?

  2. #2
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Advantages of Non-promotion:
    You can buy 5* players cheap on the market before new season
    You can save money and tokens for transfers since you will have an extra season in the same level
    You can save up reds/blue/green boosters as you will not need to use those if you decide non-promotion
    Also another 28 days for your players to gain skills in training
    Your players do not lose a star at end season with staying in the same league
    More time to develop stadium upgrades
    Better chance of winning league following season
    Ideal for anyone deciding to take a break or away from the game by going on holiday/vacation.

    Disadvantages of Non-Promotion:

    No Champions League to play in next season
    Another 28 days at the same level which can become boring for some managers
    No prize money in league for 8th - 14th I believe... correct me if I'm wrong

    Conclusion:
    If your not likely to place between 1st - 4th in your league in the current season, then its best not to finish 5th - 7th place and avoid winning promotion.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 04-19-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    dv8r and Ljepoje like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

  3. #3
    Dreamer Poker-32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Nederland, Netherlands
    Posts
    451
    Sometimes it can be hard to stay on the same manager level if you don't want to promote at the end of the season......maybe you can put also a un-official guide on the forum July

    But without kidding, it's sometimes a good idea to decide not making a promotion indeed
    Playing with team: Oranje


  4. #4
    VIP reddeviljohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,008
    Totally agree with July as I finished 7th the season b4 last and it was a real killer financially and 1 advantage that July did not mention you have less matches to play so your players have more time to rest or you can train more but I would advise to go for promotion purely for financial and that you can get better players.
    July Fourth likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

    Season 23 Level 23


    United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2


    Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    105
    Thx for the replies!
    July will the advantage only be for one season??
    The thing is I have 7 scout buyers in my league!!
    1-3 place is out of reach... It would be a fight for 4th!
    I'm a token buyer myself... I have a scout level team. I have 13 players 18-19yo all of them at 6 stars....that's why I'm playing with the thought to avoid promotion....

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    107
    First season i intentionally chickened out of promotion. It is what i always do, even in FIFA.

  7. #7
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaSanMia View Post
    Thx for the replies!
    July will the advantage only be for one season??
    The thing is I have 7 scout buyers in my league!!
    1-3 place is out of reach... It would be a fight for 4th!
    I'm a token buyer myself... I have a scout level team. I have 13 players 18-19yo all of them at 6 stars....that's why I'm playing with the thought to avoid promotion....
    I'd avoid promotion, would be a bit of waste of these 6* and 7* players you currently have with losing a star next season if you go up. just depends if your confident on 4th or not, If you going to avoid the promotion then now is the time to consider it.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

  8. #8
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    Totally agree with July as I finished 7th the season b4 last and it was a real killer financially and 1 advantage that July did not mention you have less matches to play so your players have more time to rest or you can train more but I would advise to go for promotion purely for financial and that you can get better players.
    Less matches to play? I'm not sure thats an advantage or disadavantage because your players should be able to cope with 2 competitive fixtures a day and recover enough condition for the next days games without any use of green packs plus squad rotation is always an option. Personally I like to be involved in all 3 competitions if I can otherwise for me it can be relatively a boring season. Since I got knocked out the cup in R2. I have played 24 friendlies against alt accounts or inactive friend clubs for boosters or some game $.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    105
    Ok so you would avoid promotion?
    Would it be certain for me not to get promoted if I don't reach a promotion spot.
    I'm thinking because my squad would be good enough to move up...I'm afraid that nordeus would screw my plans!! ;-)

  10. #10
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaSanMia View Post
    Ok so you would avoid promotion?
    Would it be certain for me not to get promoted if I don't reach a promotion spot.
    I'm thinking because my squad would be good enough to move up...I'm afraid that nordeus would screw my plans!! ;-)
    Well you need to have a look at how many points 6th,7th,8th and 9th all have and how many points you have and whether you can lose most of these games by playing some illegal formations and OOP and if you have a few empty squad spaces or a few unimportant players you can sell those and buy a few 3* 0/5 players.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 03-27-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast