Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By pcmacdaniel
  • 1 Post By LeManiaque
  • 1 Post By woopypooky
  • 1 Post By Toxcatl

Thread: Goalkeeper develop

Famous

Goalkeeper develop

One big mystery to me is the Goalkeeper position.

What is the best way to train a keeper?

What attributes are most desirable for a keeper (based upon tests)?

Mine for whatever reason can't get out of his own way. Fortunately, my defense is solid so he doesn't get challenged too often, but when the opposition gets behind my line, its like having a statue in goal.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 03-20-2017 at 12:26 AM.
    FC Dacia Terra and LarryC like this.
    Level 40 Manager

Rookie
    (based upon tests)
    I think this condition will deter many replies.
    Unless Toxcatl is willing to start another research project

More like hearsay, someone was recommending Reflexes, Aerial reach, Communication, Punching. Someone else added Concentration. Can't find the post.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
    Unless Toxcatl is willing to start another research project
    I wish! I have no idea how to do it though.
    It wasn't our day.

Rookie
    How about: Two or three keepers with different profiles, friendly games, official tanking formation.

We'd have to rely on number of goals and ratings. I'm afraid that the # of saves stats are buggy.

Not obvious indeed.

Famous
    Here are my 2, frequent 8 ratings every season, but both have inconsistency. Van Ginkel flopped and probably cost me 2 finals matches 2 seasons. at the same time, both have made all the saves in some vital matches. Different skills (more alike now than historically), height (Van G=200, Atar=183) SA. Both play about 50:50. Both take 1-2 MoM per season. Both are open to counterattack, both can stop set plays. Atar has the "But Atar's aerial reach dominates" comment surprisingly often given his height and low skill. Both mess up when moving the ball out, but Atar has been the start of some goal-creating plays. Good, not perfect, like the GK they replaced. They've rated about the same since i picked them up, though for a while I thought they'd only rate 8 every time. Often when one plays poorly, the other struggles similarly when subbed (some of GK performance can be defenders, and tactics of the match)

I thought I'd really notice something, since they are really different, but both good... I think some players are really good, really often, most are mediocre, and some are usually solid, but have "bad days". Like a bell curve of Nordgen players.

Goalkeeper develop-screenshot_2017-03-20-07-23-36.jpgGoalkeeper develop-screenshot_2017-03-20-07-23-54.jpgGoalkeeper develop-screenshot_2017-03-20-07-23-43.jpgGoalkeeper develop-screenshot_2017-03-20-07-23-58.jpg
    Last edited by LeManiaque; 03-20-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    madflo19 likes this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    seriously mac
    GKs in T11 is mind blowing

The only thing I do is just to keep some interesting stories and post them here from time to time.
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...r-stories.html
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apprentice
    Is it just me cos I find that goalkeeper performance is very buggy since last month/ last season. Godlike for 2 game and flop for 2 game and repeat. It could be that engine was changed in terms of counter attack.
    FC Dacia Terra likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
    How about: Two or three keepers with different profiles, friendly games, official tanking formation.

We'd have to rely on number of goals and ratings. I'm afraid that the # of saves stats are buggy.

Not obvious indeed.
    The conditions should be the same for every one of them. And a manager can't play more than one friendly against the same opponent each day. And besides, how do you check their skills? I can take two GKs with different set of skills, test them, find that one of them is better... But is it because the set of skills is different or their internal programming is?
    I don't see how to do it. Technically impossible =\
    LeManiaque likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

Rookie
    Thanks for having given it a thought