Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Post the results of the new auctions system HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    The problem is that these players are visible to every single manager, no matter what level. Let's consider:

Every 4 minutes, 15 players get added. Let's say, theoretically, that players are added all 24 hours. That means that there are 360 transfer periods, and 5,400 players added every day. That seems like a lot, right?

But let's look at how many leagues there are. Let's estimate that there are an average of 6 leagues on each server for levels 1-42 (let's say there are no levels above the level above me, just for the sake of calculation). That's 252 leagues on one server, or 3,528 teams. All of these teams would be looking at the same players to buy, and there's not even enough players to go around to give 2 players to every team, even if every player gets added.

Now consider that a) there are likely more teams and leagues bidding on the same players than I have considered, and b) there are only a couple players who are actually skilled enough to buy on the transfer market. You're going to have crazy prices every 4 minutes on the players that are actually wanted, which is going to drive up prices and reward token buyers, while punishing those who play for free.

I still fail to see how they looked at the old system and thought "No, we don't need to make slight changes to this. Let's just replace it with something totally different that nobody asked for."
    That's why I think that there must be a limit in levels just as before.

Now let's take a look at the new feature and try to find any positive things. First of all, I really like the new way stars are displayed. Second of all, I think that the way the new auction system works actually prevents sensible players from bidding considering that if there are 4 players who bid before you, you will need 5 tokens to enter the auction. Thirdly, if something like massive bidding on a player happens you will get back your tokens and boom, after 4 minutes you try for a new one.

For me, the only things that must be brought back are level limitation and stats (even though I have a suspicion that this feature was removed, because all players now will be artificially made to match the needs).
    lespa likes this.
    Manager of Παναθηναϊκός Α.Ο (Panathinaikos A.O) currently playing at level 18.

Quote Originally Posted by axd23 View Post
    That's why I think that there must be a limit in levels just as before.

Now let's take a look at the new feature and try to find any positive things. First of all, I really like the new way stars are displayed. Second of all, I think that the way the new auction system works actually prevents sensible players from bidding considering that if there are 4 players who bid before you, you will need 5 tokens to enter the auction. Thirdly, if something like massive bidding on a player happens you will get back your tokens and boom, after 4 minutes you try for a new one.

For me, the only things that must be brought back are level limitation and stats (even though I have a suspicion that this feature was removed, because all players now will be artificially made to match the needs).
    I personally disagree with you about two things: the stars and the tokens. I don't like how the stars look, especially on the squad screen. To me it looks clunky and messy. Perhaps they can just restrict the new star system to auctions and make the squads go back to the old star system. I also don't like that people get back their tokens, because it just allows everyone to drive up the price on however many players they want. A key factor of losing one's tokens was that you have to weigh the risk: it is worth it to lose this many tokens if I can get the player? Now, there's not as much risk, so prices for the same players will be about 5-10 tokens higher because there is no risk of spending tokens for nothing.

Anyway, those are my personal preferences. I definitely think the fact that all levels are buying the same players is the biggest issue here, and is the one that is most likely to get me to quit the game.
    lespa likes this.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12