Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree404Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [OFFICIAL] Further notes on the - New Auction system

Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    Okay, so I've tried out the auction system quite a bit tonight. Some notes:

• While bid wars definitely end more quickly, the peak tokens are about the same as the old system. Haven't seen much past 50 yet.
    • The main problem is that there is a base level of approximately 8 tokens for any player of reasonably quality and age. Perhaps this goes down later, but we saw late last season that the token floor was high then too.
    • I think a good bit of the game's charm is lost in that any level can bid on any player. No longer are there "bidding rivarlies"; you're just bidding against random people you don't care about. This makes the system much less unique or engaging.
    • The fact that human managers can't sell players to other human managers via Auctions still sucks. A lot.

Overall, do I hate it as much as I first did? No, probably not. Do I still hate it? Yes. Do I still think Nordeus should have both types of Auctions running at the same time? Yes. Will I quit if Nordeus keeps this around without changing it for a while? Definitely.

EDIT: Also, there is a cap to how many players you can see on the auction list that you've bid on in the past. I'd be okay with this if the max was 20 or 30, but it's closer to 10. That's not nearly enough for managers to do any kind of meaningful analysis. Makes it feel like a fast food restaurant.
    You make some good points

Rookie
    Another thing I don't quite get. What's the point of putting out on TM a number of Nordeus-generated 3* 29-30 year-olds, since they look like that to all levels? To make up the numbers?
    Jesus H. Christ on a pony, what a mess this has become...

Quote Originally Posted by Antoninek View Post
    Hello hello,
    is 13.00 sunday, normally at this time I had about 100news in my mailbox in the game that my friends (about 40) bought or sold new players before new season strart. How about today? Only 4... Do we spend tokens as Nordeus wants? No my friends... Now is completly different game...
    Yes, the his season I only bought two players, both from the scout. Have never spent in game money on anything and NEVER WILL. The new system ****s for everyone and it is really sad. Next season will be impossible if they don't change the system back until then...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    What can I say my 102% team was drawn with +1 level opponents.

Now all managers can buy good 99% players.

So in just one day all my opponents have better teams than mine.

Cups and champions league draws with higher level managers becomes even more unfair
    Yeah, battling the players that buy tokens for money will now be harder than ever. It's so sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Kto View Post
    I got 2 18yo (ft probably) players tonight for 17 and for 2 tokens.
    I dont think there is a problem to generate unlimited amount of players so everyone can finally get lucky.
    But would u guys really be happy about this new system even if we lets say can get talents a bit easier and cheaper as before? Nordeus told it, wait guys how it goes, give it a chance. So as a compromis they create more players.
    I would still find the whole thing awful, as the interaction is gone, so its totaly boring to kill old stars and get new from a birth machine.
    Also, now we arent able to sell good players at prices they deserve. But overpay when buying. But even if Nordeus fixed that, it wouldnt be the same fun tm.
    Well, the main problem I find it's that if you're looking for a specific player, let's say a left back like me, you have to stay on all day and just keep waiting for the new players to show up, instead of getting about 30 players that will be sold in an hour or two so you can set a timer and log back in later. Have been looking for a left back all day. Still don't have one...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabez Teh View Post
    anything that 90+ gonna be bidding war in my POV...

GAVE UP NORMAL BIDDING it's nonsense... if i would like to buy 5* player plz BID AGAINST SAME and +1, +2 LEVEL managers only!
    YES! That's how it should be
    Gabez Teh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    This is just silly.
    One of the nice things about higher levels is people aren't dumbasses with their tokens and bid just for the hell of it. Now players that aren't even very good and could easily be scooped up for 1 coin if he filled a need are minimum 10 coins. Between the trolls and the idiots it ruins the game for those actually trying to build a team seriously.

My dad used to play a baseball game like that and he'd always complain that there was no point in ever trying to sign a free agent in the off season because there's always be at least 1 other manager who either didn't know what he was doing or didn't care and pay some insane price for all the players. He eventually quit that game. We're getting to that point already here.
    Yeah, you point out everything that I have had in my mind ever since the update was released..

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Well, I tried the Transfer market a short time ago, just to see what was happening, and what the bidding situation was. I saw two 'players' (I won't call them 'managers') going through every player that was being bid on by other managers and bidding up - I can't say whether they were interested in those other players or not, but the difference in players was so random that all I could think of was they were trolling the price up just to spite the other, more serious, bidders knowing that if they failed, it wouldn't cost them a thing...
    That's what happens when

a) you don't lose the tokens

b) managers from all levels are allowed to bid on the same players

ITS ALL GOING TO HELL. ABANDON THE SHIP.

No but honestly, if the transfer system isn't changed some time during this season I will probably have to quit the game even though thisis the only game that I actually have ever cared about. So sad... Before they have always brought updates that I have liked and that have made the game refreshing and exciting but this is just a total joke...

AND IT'S NOT EVEN 1ST OF APRIL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T11_PCFC View Post
    This is bad!
    1. If the number of 5* players available on the market was the core issue, why not supplement that number instead of this absurd new system?
    2. My entire buying strategy was based on the knowledge I KNEW the other managers had at my level (34) I even recognized some of the other managers and their bidding styles and what they actually needed in their team so it was a nice chess like strategy on the TM. Ex: I had a great DC with aerial ability snatched in a bid by my adversary from the CL final and was so annoyed by this that I remembered it. Won the CL any way, but this bond with a great oponent and the tactics forced upon us by the aggressive competition made the transfer part insanely fun and rewarding.
    3. Selling players to other opponents was a great way to keep track of former players, had to battle one of my own former strikers for the goalscorer throphy a few seasons ago.
    4. My entire selling strategy was based on other human managers buying those players, I always grew academy players (and not only) to have them at the optimal and most interesting state and always cashed good money from -2 levels managers for example.
    Half of the game is gone with this random mockery!
    Tactics and strategies at the TM are gone!
    Any attachement to former players has to be gone!
    This is really killing it for so many of us and Nordeus fails to see it and finds excuses like "there were not enough 5* players on the TM and no other solution was possible". Hate to see how I'm considered a fool.
    Yes, what you propose at 1. is exactly what they should have done if there was a problem with 5* at the highest levels.

And about what you said the rest of it. I completely agree and have felt the same way. It's a great thrill to bid on the same players as manages that you recognise and have battled before.

The new system though. Not so much any of that. I bid against managers 20 15 levels higher than me and managers 15 levels lower than me. It's just a ****ing joke all of it. This system only benefita low level teams that had bought a lot of tokens and don't know how to play.

What annoys me the most though is that Nordeus don't listen to anyone of us at all and just go about their day as if all was completely fine, when the entire community is actually collapsing from the inside...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    I am the one moaning a lot with new system. And there are many reasons to do so.
    As I am sure that it won't be taken back, except of moaning there are only two routes.
    Either quit or find the good aspects of the new auction of the system and take advantage of them.
    I select option 2.

New auction system makes you plan your transfers and token/money resources even more carefully.
    You cannot have big number of additions every season, so not only you have to stick to this season's needs but also.., you have to plan what you will buy next season.

As nordgens are continuously get injected, if you monitor the transfer you can acquire the players you need.
    Some of them a bit overpriced (eg 25 tokens) other times if you select a lower quality with only 1 token.
    Good thing some players may be overpriced but you can overpay for a player with multiposition or a good SA.
    You pay tokens, you save greens.

One very helpful thing seems to be that you do not have to make all your moves at day 1.
    It is not like the old system that fast nordgens came only at first days, so if you see that you have to overpay for the player you want, you do not buy. Do it next day. Lists are refreshed so many times that you have to be really unlucky in order not to get a player you want at a price you are willing to pay.

So:

- Can you with the new system build the team you want without overspending?
    Yes.
    It can be done and it can be done easily.
    Maybe a bit more time consuming, but definitely doable.

- Can you get money you want from selling players?
    Yes. Your good player may not be involved in bid war in order to get a huge money income, but most times and especially in higher levels, so much money are useless. Also during season you train your player all the time growing his value, You sell at last days of the season.
    Sinkhole Nordeus will buy the player so you will get a good amount of money. You do not have to wait for first days of next season and get his value reduced.

- Money from transfers may be pointless some times, but what about tokens from recommendations?
    I sold a good player 2positions+SA for 7 tokens today. Personally I think that recommendations, if they do not get tuned, they will fade out and become useless
    But still there are some managers that do not want to get involved in bidding and buy a good amount of tokens for a player that in auction system token price would grow even more.
    On the other hand as many good players exist in auctions now, and as managers will get more in hang with it during time, they will stop using recommendations. Why you should wait 24h tokens reserved till other manager accepts/rejects? This makes your planning more difficult.

-----------------------------

My big dislikes:
    - Draws with +1 level teams have become even more unfair. A medium manager has access to good players all the time so he can grow his quality very fast, so fast that he will definitely become +20% quality than you... at least. They should stop. NOW

- No emotional bondage with our players. They are consumable items. No reason to have older players than 23-24yo except you want to fill up some gaps. This will result in no LEGENDS any more.
    Problem is, most of the thinga you wrote as "positives" I see as negatives. There's hardly any good thing ga with this enw system and I really wish they would reconsider.

It might be their game but I don't think they want to lose their players. And since the new update was advertised as "we listened to the manager's suggestions" I really think they should listen to us now...

Have a good night Y'all and let's hope this update is just a nightmare...

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast