Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: Season 93 - Are you ready?

Desert Rats FC Season preview.

Desert Rats start their 18th season at Level 11, having won the League in the previous season, their sixth such success in a row. The Management, seeing an evening kick-off for his charges in the Cup 1st Round, spent a while reconstructing the midfield and defence in a bid to restore the fortress-like image presented in earlier seasons. To this end, 6 players from last season's squad have left, and five new players have been signed on. The season initial squad is as follows:

Season 93 - Are you ready?-s18-playing-squad-initial.jpg

In the Champions League, having been dumped out of last seasons competition at the Round of 16 stage, the Rats have three friends in the competition and two in their group.

Season 93 - Are you ready?-s18-champ-groups-initial.jpg

Their first match saw four of the new recruits on the bench as the previous season's first XI took on a -40%Q team in the home Leg of the Cup 1st Round tie, and three of them saw some match time as the Rats won 4-1 to book, barring a disastrous performance in the 2nd Leg, a place in the next round. Striker Eros Martorelli had the privilege of netting the first goal in the new season, firing home from long range in the 32nd minute. Central defender Madalin Vlasiu got onto the end of a Martorelli cross seven minutes later to increase the lead, and midfielder Moritz Maiwald finished off a cross from Patrick Tillmanns on the other wing to give the hosts a 3-0 half-time lead. The visitors pulled a goal back early in the second half, but the Rats cruised through the second half, Maiwald adding a final goal from the penalty spot with 9 minutes to go to make the final score 4-1.
    Last edited by talisman; 05-29-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    madflo19 likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Home Guard FC Season preview.

Home Guard start their 4th season at Level 4, having had a relative failure last season, failing to win a trophy; 3rd in the League, and exiting the Champions League and Cup at the Round of 16 in both competitions.

The playing squad at the moment remains unchanged from last season.

Season 93 - Are you ready?-s04-playing-squad-initial.jpg

The Champions League draw revealed many teams that were in the previous seasons competition, Home Guard being drawn in Group C.

Season 93 - Are you ready?-s04-champ-groups-initial.jpg

In their first match, Home Guard were hard Trolled against a -12Q team at home in the Cup 1st Round, the visitors scoring in the 10th minute with their only shot on target all match, and Home Guard thwarted at every opportunity in their efforts to get on the scoresheet themselves.
    Last edited by talisman; 05-29-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    madflo19 and pcmacdaniel like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Pro
    I have finally won my first treble with my main team after 40 seasons. Phew. YESSSS!!!! I almost hit the poker but I lost my asso game and we became second. Now the strange thing with the asso games was that we won it 3 times and one time ended fourth. But it was barely enough to stay at the same level??? We had 50 points to spare. How the .... do you promote
    gizzmo, madflo19, naimcyk and 2 others like this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Rookie
    First time winning the treble last season after 29 seasons!!

Unfortunately, today got knocked out in the first round of the Cup competition all because i was paired with a +1 level team with 118% rating compared to mine 103%. Oh well.....
    Killroy and pcmacdaniel like this.

What have you learned from last season?
    FA engine sucks like hell

Where did you place last season?
    won the triple, +1 CL & +1 Cup

What's your current level?
    L18

What's your budget for this season?
    More than enough

Who do you want to replace?
    Bought a new MC today, but we need a new keeper too.

What are your goals for this season?
    3 triple again - will be another hard season. Chinese guy is at least at Cup (final) and CL (1.KO-Round or final). Let's see, if he's there at league too.

What's your training level?
    max - 93

Which will be your main formation?
    Don't play a main formation, but I like to play with wingers
    gizzmo, madflo19, talisman and 2 others like this.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

So I spent a lot of tokens and cash upgrading the midfield yesterday in the expectation that this week I'd get an ST recommendation again, and this happens...

Season 93 - Are you ready?-am-recommend-day-2.jpg

Corner kick SA - not necessarily a 'playmaker' then...
    sincity, achiie, madflo19 and 3 others like this.

Yes. Ready to be shafted in all competitions with 130%+ teams in all of them. I had 9 Teams rated 130-160% in my division last year. Another good way for Nordeus to lose members!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    So I spent a lot of tokens and cash upgrading the midfield yesterday in the expectation that this week I'd get an ST recommendation again, and this happens...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AM Recommend Day 2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	82854

Corner kick SA - not necessarily a 'playmaker' then...
    Still an improvement from triple ST

Famous
    What have you learned from last season?
    Not much, really

Where did you place last season?
    Lost the treble on penalty-kick in cup final. Third time this happens to me. Getting used to it now (first time, I almost cried...)

Are you participating in the new Association's Cup ?
    Yes, but to be honest,this competition is just ridiculous. It's just a truck load of troll results (some for you, some not). To me, this is completely losing its interest... except for the tokens !

What's your current level?
    28 - Season 33

What's your budget for this season?
    Loads of everything

Who do you want to replace?
    Cosmetic moves with 3 scouts and that will be it.

What are your goals for this season?
    I am back to the usual tiresome level + 1 cup and CL. So forget the treble !!

What's your training level?
    Max

Which will be your main formation?

4-5-1V
    Last edited by gizzmo; 05-29-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Home Guard FC played their away 2nd Leg Cup 1st Round match against their Troll team, and it was more of the same. The home side scored in the 10th minute of the second half this time, and whatever the Guard did, didn't come off. They hit the post 5 times in the second half alone, but all of a sudden, with 5 minutes to go, striker Brice Morel got free with the ball. Only the 'keeper to beat, he at last put his 1-on-1 SA to use and shot past the custodian to score the equaliser. In the very last minute, the opposition conceded a free-kick on the far right wing, and Juan Pablo Medina floated a cross in for substitute striker Matias Rolando to slam into the net for the winning goal, and Home Guard qualify for the next round on the Away Goals rule. 175 mintues of agony, and 5 minutes of the only positive bit of football that Home Guard had been allowed to play... WTF?
    Last edited by talisman; 05-29-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast