Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: First 20 minutes, you know you will lose the game...

LOL! The 2nd post reply me is a great example for showing that the game engine is not even good, because this would never ever happen in real football.
    Tyltyl likes this.

Famous
    In real football, you'll never see a 5 times world champion losing at home 1-7 in World cup semi.
    In real football, you'll never see a team beaten 0-4 on first leg winning 6-1 three weeks later.
    In real football, you'll never see the same team win 4-2 away against a half-amateur team and lose 1-4 at home on second leg.
    In real football, you'll never see a team whose players were drinking beer on the beach being called up in last minute to play an European championship tournament and eventually win the final against the world champions.
    etc...
    Or would you ?
    dsio and Altiplano like this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    In real football, you'll never see a 5 times world champion losing at home 1-7 in World cup semi.
    In real football, you'll never see a team beaten 0-4 on first leg winning 6-1 three weeks later.
    In real football, you'll never see the same team win 4-2 away against a half-amateur team and lose 1-4 at home on second leg.
    In real football, you'll never see a team whose players were drinking beer on the beach being called up in last minute to play an European championship tournament and eventually win the final against the world champions.
    etc...
    Or would you ?
    This stuff were exceptions that happened once and made history. In TE this happens every day or several times every season.

Please, I ask one more times, STOP comparing TE with real football, they have nothing in common. You are comparing number crunching and equations to real people and real actions. The first can be influenced by anything and we (as players) will never know what.
    Last edited by Tyltyl; 06-01-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

etc...
    Or would you ?
    In real football extra time does not exist. In real football you can heal a broken leg in 1 day. Oh that's only in TE.
    The game can't hide a broken engine behind realism only when it favors Nordeus.I can't stress this enough but comparing Barca or Brazil
    with an unattended team in TE doesn't make sense to me.
    funqer, Tyltyl and madflo19 like this.

Apprentice
    The first 20-25min is predetermined before the game start. If u make changes it will need 10 min to take effect. Thats what I believe.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyltyl View Post
    This stuff were exceptions that happened once and made history. In TE this happens every day or several times every season.

Please, I ask one more times, STOP comparing TE with real football, they have nothing in common. You are comparing number crunching and equations to real people and real actions. The first can be influenced by anything and we (as players) will never know what.
    You know what mate: you do what I want and me too. You are one of those claiming you are continuously being trolled while I'm not. If I lost 3 times in 33 seasons with no obvious reason (according to my poor mind), that must be a maximum. The other times, there were reasons. This morning, I just beat a team 25% superior in cup 5-1. Maybe this guy is here on the forum whining about being trolled. But I can tell you there were loads of reasons that could explain his defeat. No this game is not perfect, I agree. But I think overall it is not too bad. You are perfectly entitled to disagree with me but if I were playing a game as crap as the one you mention, I would just drop it.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Kto
    if I were playing a game as crap as the one you mention, I would just drop it.
    Pssst, evil powers bring us to do absurd things.

MAIN REASON why people are not happy about the simulation engine is that they just simply do not understand how does it work - and most probably no body understands, apart Nordeus employees. In order to shut up people, Nordeus must provide some guidance what works against what? Something like this:
    • Attacking beats defending
    • Defending beats normal
    • Normal beats attacking
    • Playing wings does not work if oponent have strong DL/DR
    • Short pases creates 30% less chances, but adds 10% possesion and 10% better conversion rate
    • 20% stronger team have 70% chance of winning if all other stuff is equal

Obviously I just made it up - but guidance like this would be so much helpfull if we knew some stuff for sure.
    For people angry at results - I can simply say that simulation is a randomization process in which you never get 100% result. If your team is MUCH stronger, then it might be that you have overall chance of 99% that you will win, but it is never going to be 100%. And remember, everyday there are millions of matches simulated, so troll results are inevitable.
    Tyltyl, Killroy and madflo19 like this.
    League:29 CL:18 Cup:16

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions and experiences and gizzmo I don't think you are entirely wrong. But I agree with Tyltyl 100% since we both have the same vision how a manager game should be. You won 5-1 against a better team, good, but you did put effort in your team. In the case when true troll results happen the game is rewarding a non player, someone who doesn't put effort into achieving that result. I'm not saying the game should punish people who don't log in 1 or 2 days, but these are clearly teams the manager has forsaken for weeks.
    Tyltyl likes this.

@ZeDzy
    If the "1% chance" happens frequently then it clearly is not 1%.
    "Troll result are inevitable" so you are saying the game is predetermined no matter what action we do.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast