Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: World Cup of Guessing Scores IVth edition

quote space:
    Quote Originally Posted by a.gavrilin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Kysil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by madflo19 View Post

Semifinals, so I have this done and theres today and tomorrow, and then the finale for sunday as planned to finish both competitions, I will open too the weekly one today.

TICKET FOR THE SEMIFINALS - MATCHES OF FRIDAY AFTERNOON 20.30 -england, french, POLAND*, scotland and spanish leagues. (good luck lol)
    -------------------------
    Bournemough - Brighton
    Toulouse - Burdeos
    Lech Poznan - Korona Kielce
    Patrick - Rangers
    Eibar - Leganés

**lated I do the cool pic with the flags xD
    Last edited by khris; 09-15-2017 at 12:38 AM.

1-0 Bournemouth - Brighton
    1-1 Toulouse - Bordeaux
    2-1 Lech Poznan - Korona Kielce
    0-2 Patrick - Rangers
    1-0 Eibar - Leganés
    Last edited by The_Savage_1; 09-14-2017 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Added the Bulgarian *cough* Polish *cough* game
    khris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post

Sorry, did a mixing choosing matches, solved is the poland (ok lets be serious LOL) one :P
    Last edited by khris; 09-15-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Rookie
    Bournemough - Brighton 2-1
    Toulouse - Burdeos 2-2
    Lech Poznan - Korona Kielce 2-0
    Patrick - Rangers 0-3
    Eibar - Leganés 1-1

So here are my bets:

Bournemough - Brighton 0-0
    Toulouse - Burdeos 1-2
    Patrick - Rangers 0-2
    Eibar - Leganés 2-0

Hi, Khris, I have some ideas for you for the next edition of both world cup and weekend contest.

So let's start with the WORLD CUP. As we can see in most of the pairs even on semi-finals and qtr-finals stages most of the rivals repeat 3 or even 4 results out of 5 matches. In this case the game loses its interest as you only wait for 1-2 results that differ from the opponent's bet. My idea is - what if the first person in the pair to make the bet can have all the range of the results to chose - so he easily makes his bet and post it. The second rival in the pair must check if his ooponent has posted his results and he MUST NOT repeat his results. That means he must offer 5 absolutely different bets. In this case we have 2 advantages - you make the participants to post the results quicker to be the first, and we have 5 matches to wait for as the result of each match can bring you the victory.

Now let's see the weekly weekend contest - This season there is no much fun as 2 of the 3 winners are already known, I don't think there will be someone else to get 1000 points. So my idea is as follows: We have 3 attempts to guess the correct score. So let's do it in the following way - if you guess the result with the first attempt you get, let's say, 15 points. If you get it with the second attempts you will receive 10 points. And the 3d attempts can bring you 5 poimts for each match. In case you guess all 3 results (no matter in which attempts) you will get additional bonus of let's say 20 points. In this case you make each player think twice which result to put in the first, second or 3d place.

So these are my ideas how to improve the game process. What do you think of it?

I never checked someone predictions before posting mine,there will be no fun for me if I'll do it...

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Bournemough 1-2 Brighton
    Toulouse 1-0 Burdeos
    Lech Poznan 2-1 Korona Kielce
    Patrick 1-2 Rangers
    Eibar 2-1 Leganés

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Quote Originally Posted by a.gavrilin View Post
    Hi, Khris, I have some ideas for you for the next edition of both world cup and weekend contest.

So let's start with the WORLD CUP. ....1**

Now let's see the weekly weekend contest - 2**

So these are my ideas how to improve the game process. What do you think of it?
    Well first let me tell you guys that Ive been thinking in it, came to my mind the idea to send the results via pm for this competition or do a rule allowing a max of same results -scores in that case- and giving the right to the local team to add the results 1st so with rights.

But, and this in both contests, I try to do this quick as I can, so this is the idea and what I can try to do here is see if I can empty the PMs inbox despite I have some historic conversations that I've keep for years lol

So, despite that the football is unpredictable and always the advantage is 50-50 for this reason, the next world cup and starting for the next round of the one we are running I will try to facilitate send me PMs directly.

In the second case there are 6 forumers with options and really I would not be surprise if we have a third host the last week lol
    I added extra options lately which for now just do a slight pointing difference and changed the pointing system, really I think that the 1.000 points there give a plus to the contest, and I understand your viewpoint here but... take my time to count it and manage it like it's now xD so I was not thinking to come back to the beginning counting again points in a overall way and individually in each option lol

Maybe I will give more points for the 2 extra options giving a value of 50 points for each option -despite are so random really and I prefeer give more value to catch a score, so I will think what can be a fair pointing system there... maybe these 2 options should be a free way to add a 4th score in any match¿¿¿????- and related to your suggestion I can think about do the 1st option special and giving more points to catch scores there...

Let this season finish and I will see for next weekend how I see it lol
    Last edited by khris; 09-14-2017 at 11:31 PM.

SO SEMIFINALS WILL BE:

Japan
    1-0 Bournemouth - Brighton
    1-1 Toulouse - Bordeaux
    2-1 Lech Poznan - Korona Kielce
    0-2 Patrick - Rangers
    1-0 Eibar - Leganés

vs England
    Bournemough - Brighton 2-1
    Toulouse - Burdeos 2-2
    Patrick - Rangers 0-3
    Eibar - Leganés 1-1
    --------------------------------------------------

Ukraine
    Bournemough - Brighton 0-0
    Toulouse - Burdeos 1-2
    Patrick - Rangers 0-2
    Eibar - Leganés 2-0

vs Romania
    Bournemough 1-2 Brighton
    Toulouse 1-0 Burdeos
    Lech Poznan 2-1 Korona Kielce
    Patrick 1-2 Rangers
    Eibar 2-1 Leganés

Cool pic with the candidates:

World Cup of Guessing Scores IVth edition-wc-ivth-edition-qfs.jpg
    Last edited by khris; 09-15-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast