Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By dave1311
  • 1 Post By Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
  • 1 Post By KaniNeko
  • 1 Post By Toxcatl
  • 1 Post By Cloverfield

Thread: Newbie GK Dilemma

Newbie GK Dilemma

I just start playing TE. When I got my team for the first time, I thought my GKs were very weak, so I bought a 5-star keeper (5 tokens + 600k) to strengthen my squad. A few minutes later I found free scouting offer and tried it. My scout flew to Turkey and brought me a 8-star keeper who is far better than the rest of my team.

I’m not sure about this GK situation. Is it necessary to have 2 quality GKs in the team? Or should I sell one of them for cash? And which one should I sell?

Newbie GK Dilemma-gk01.jpg

Newbie GK Dilemma-gk02.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KaniNeko View Post
    I just start playing TE. When I got my team for the first time, I thought my GKs were very weak, so I bought a 5-star keeper (5 tokens + 600k) to strengthen my squad. A few minutes later I found free scouting offer and tried it. My scout flew to Turkey and brought me a 8-star keeper who is far better than the rest of my team.

I’m not sure about this GK situation. Is it necessary to have 2 quality GKs in the team? Or should I sell one of them for cash? And which one should I sell?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gk01.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	89090

Name:	gk02.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	89091
    My personal view is that you only need one GK in your squad. In 4 years of playing T11 my GK has been injured on only 2 occasions and never sent off. So unless you want to keep the back-up GK for Cup / CL / Associations then I’d probably sell the 5* one.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 122
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    You may sell 5* one since you'll get loads of GK recommendations lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bunzo likes this.

Sure, sell the 5* GK, it will worth a good money and you don't need 2 GK in your squad.
    Team - Top Gun
    Current Season: 110 - League Level: 93

League - Champion - 35
    League - Runner Up - 19
    League 3rd Place - 10

CUP - Champion - 8
    CUP - Runner Up - 4
    CUP - 3rd Place - 4

Champions League - Champion - 10
    Champions League - Runner Up - 6
    Champions League - 3rd Place - 9

Super League - Champion - 1
    Super Cup - Champion - 1
    Facebook
    - Top Eleven Portugal

Thanks. Already sold 5-star keeper and made some profit.
    Altiplano likes this.

I'm quite the contrary.. As I usually have 2-3 games per day until the end of the season. I keep 2 good quality G on my team so I can rotate when one gets tired. I like to keep a good backup on my Squad.

I'll have my main goalie (*6+ 19 years old) and then a 5-6* mid-late 20's backup that I rotate every season.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by imjusthjoshinya View Post
    I'm quite the contrary.. As I usually have 2-3 games per day until the end of the season. I keep 2 good quality G on my team so I can rotate when one gets tired. I like to keep a good backup on my Squad.

I'll have my main goalie (*6+ 19 years old) and then a 5-6* mid-late 20's backup that I rotate every season.
    And you have two mediocre GKs instead of a good one. If a player is tired, it is better to use a green pack. Situations when you need to do it are not that often if you plan his training schedule carefully.
    You should have two GKs, just in case of a trauma, but you shouldn't rotate them, imho.
    Cloverfield likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by KaniNeko View Post

Name:	gk02.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	89091
    No dilemma at all, this keeper looks delicious.
    I would like to share with us his stats in mid-season. I would like to see how he performs.

There is no need for 2GKs.
    If you want to play on safe side buy a 3-4 star GK with one token, so in case of in-game injury you can replace your GK with a GK..., and not with nonGK player which may be catastrophic for the result of such match.
    Gabez Teh likes this.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC