Page 163 of 203 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2024
Like Tree957Likes

Thread: Season 39

Apprentice
    Yesterday I lost the lead in the league by losing to the 3rd ranked team. Its improbable that I can regain first place since the now 1st ranked team has 8 scouts and I still have to face him before season end (probably his players regained 6 stars by natural growth, at the beginning of the season only 3 of his players had scout level).

The CL quarterfinal away game was an easy win, the opponent played an illegal 3DC-1DMC-3MC-3ST formation (!). He even watched the game from the 60th min onward but didnt change the formation... strange.

Semifinal opponent tomorrow definitely looks beatable, playing 5-4-1 which I will try to counter with a 3w-1-3n-1-2 attacking through the middle formation, basically a narrow diamond with one of the DCs being replaced by an extra MC since his offense will be weak. Any opinions on that?

Todays league game was a 3-1 win against place 4, so even though I wont get place 1 in the league and Ill probably lose at least one more game, the CL qualification seems pretty safe.

edit: Injury Count to 16, unfortunately my fast trainer DC, but since he was also banned from league for 2 yellow cards, i only took 2 days of the 4 days, the remaining two will have to heal naturally. He will be back on for the CL game.

edit2: starting to plan for next season... Ill try to sell all my young reserve players on the first days for cash, and want to sign one or two scouts, hopefully a good DR and maybe an AML/ML or a MC. I only have 82 tokens atm, which will be 89 or 90 at season day 1 so Ill have to find some more free offers until then. Only my 3rd MC will retire at the end of season, so I can just go on with my current squad, although my current DR, AML and 2nd striker are a bit weak and will be ony 3 stars next season.
    Last edited by Bermudo; 04-28-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

Saturday / Sunday. Matchdays 21/22

LEAGUE. Round 19

Result: SC AIR BEL 0-3 LONDON CITY
    Goals: Yashin 27, Kennedy 68, Canning 73
    M.o.M: Dave Kennedy

City managed a win, despite not playing well and conceeding a lot of possession to the opposition. Oleg Yashin scored the only goal of the first half, when he headed in an Andreas Costa corner. Midway through the second period, Dave Kennedy scored direct from a free-kick. Five minutes later, Kyle Canning slotted home after another pin-point pass from Costa. We still languish in 4th spot though.

CHAMPS LEAGUE. Quarter-final, 2nd Leg.

Result: FC POTE 2-1 LONDON CITY
    Goals: Hoegee 51, Portinho 56, Criban 65
    M.o.M: Michael Sejdovic (FCP)

We were dumped out of the CL after this defeat against an inferior side. Starting the match level at 2-2, we just couldn't break through a massed defence. Two goals in the space of five minutes, from Tim Hoegee and Pepe "killer" Portinho, put the home side clear, and although Yonni Criban pulled one back, soon after, we just couldn't find an equaliser that would have sent the game into extra time. So its now just the league left to concentrate on.

LEAGUE. Round 20.

Result: LONDON CITY 1-0 MISON FC
    Goal: Costa 13
    M.o.M: Clayton Manning

This was a tense affair and we just about deserved the win, against the league leaders. The only goal came early on when two of our defenders, Clayton Manning crossing for Andreas Costa to head home. After that, it was nip and tuck until the final whistle. The result means that we've done the double over Mison, but we still remain 4th, only now just 2 points off top spot.
    July Fourth, Ljepoje and dv8r like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Saturday / Sunday. Matchdays 21/22

LEAGUE. Round 19

Result: SC AIR BEL 0-3 LONDON CITY
    Goals: Yashin 27, Kennedy 68, Canning 73
    M.o.M: Dave Kennedy

City managed a win, despite not playing well and conceeding a lot of possession to the opposition. Oleg Yashin scored the only goal of the first half, when he headed in an Andreas Costa corner. Midway through the second period, Dave Kennedy scored direct from a free-kick. Five minutes later, Kyle Canning slotted home after another pin-point pass from Costa. We still languish in 4th spot though.

CHAMPS LEAGUE. Quarter-final, 2nd Leg.

Result: FC POTE 2-1 LONDON CITY
    Goals: Hoegee 51, Portinho 56, Criban 65
    M.o.M: Michael Sejdovic (FCP)

We were dumped out of the CL after this defeat against an inferior side. Starting the match level at 2-2, we just couldn't break through a massed defence. Two goals in the space of five minutes, from Tim Hoegee and Pepe "killer" Portinho, put the home side clear, and although Yonni Criban pulled one back, soon after, we just couldn't find an equaliser that would have sent the game into extra time. So its now just the league left to concentrate on.

LEAGUE. Round 20.

Result: LONDON CITY 1-0 MISON FC
    Goal: Costa 13
    M.o.M: Clayton Manning

This was a tense affair and we just about deserved the win, against the league leaders. The only goal came early on when two of our defenders, Clayton Manning crossing for Andreas Costa to head home. After that, it was nip and tuck until the final whistle. The result means that we've done the double over Mison, but we still remain 4th, only now just 2 points off top spot.
    DAMN...

Your out the CL. But it looks as if your back in the league again.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Balkan Boyz - Matchday 22 (Sz.4 - lvl4)

HEADLINE: A late goal by D.Harding ends Balkan Boyz hopes

CL: Balkan Boyz (Q43) Formation: 3W-2N-2N-3W-1/3W-1-2-2W-2 >> 3 - 4 << Orchard Utd (Q45,3) 3W-1-2-2W-2
    SCORERS: M.Sjöö (34min) I.Olić (33min)J.Gilmour (38min.ass: D.Harding), D.Agger (39min.ass:K.Harding) I.Olić (46min), S.Jovetić (48min), D.Harding (90min.ass:K.Harding)
    SUBS: S.Kolašinac <> E.Džeko
    MOTM: D.Harding (rate:8)

Balkan Boyz entered the 1th leg of the CUP semi-finals with high expectations. But was left empty-handed after Daniel Harding’s goal in stoppage time to 3-4, ending the Balkan Boyz dreams and hopes to get a descent result before Tuesday return.

Balkan Boyz was about a minute shy from a draw that it needed and a descent starting position before Tuesday´s return playing Orchard Utd away in the 2nd leg of the CUP semi-finals. The Orchard Utd striker Daniel Harding showed no mercy when he smashed the 4th goal past Balkan Boyz GK Asmir Begović in additional time, a goal which gave his team a crucial win and Balkan Boyz a hard task to overcome.

Manager -Ljepoje- was left bitterly disappointed after his side conceded a late goal in additional time, which could cost them a final spot in the CUP finals. In a short post-game interview he said "We didn't start the 1th half at the best, but we did better in the second half. We stood up and played, managed to put them under pressure and created more. Our better players had the ball and we played football, but we couldn´t get past their defence on their GK at that matter". He continued and said "Now we have to concentrate on the reutrn game, but it will be a difficult task since we need to go to "YMWA" and score at least two goals to have a slightly chance to reach the finals". He continued, "I know that it isn't quite impossible since we managed to pull it off against "Villa" in the quarter-finals, but this time we face a slightly better opposition who tends to play similar to us and with that in mind it could end otherwise".

Over&Out!
    July Fourth and PeterMeter like this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMeter View Post
    What's with all these token-buying pool-fans! I sure do hope you beat them Ljepoje, poor taste in the extreme!

I started out with a 6-1 win against german team Dsc Patrick rated at 41,2*s, after having won 3-0 in the league because the opponent couldn't field 11 players :/

In other news, I had a daughter on thursday night!

Thanks! We lost the 1th leg with 3-4 but hey, there is still a return to play on Tuesday
    Anyway, Grattis till nytillskottet i familjen!
    PeterMeter likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

LEAGUE ROUND 21

Thai Team 1-1 July Fourth

Thai Team 3-1-2-2-2 99.0 (Butterfly like DMR as DR to keep it legal) - July Fourth 108.5 4N-1-3W-2

We have 2 Thai Teams in our league this season we refer this one as Thai Team and the other as Thai Team FC.

This was a rather dull and boring affair and with July Fourth concerntrating on the CL at the moment and being 9 points clear going into this game and not giving the league 100% and Thai Team apparently played a formation that countered ours here too. We watched the game from the iPhone from the 5 minute warning message so we didn't have time to react to the Thai Teams change of tactics.

Both goals came early in the first half, Thai Team took the lead on 8 minutes after Raheem Sterling played a great ball to Matsumoto and he only needed to get it on target to score. Helton in defence fouled Michu in the box after he looked certain to score and he got a yellow card and Papaleo scored from the penalty spot to make it 1-1 on 11 minutes, The game was effectively a stalemate after this and Zidane had a great chance to score midway through the second half but his chance went out for a corner. Thai team could of won it with Fuller shot from 25 meters but it was blocked by Hardy and in the 88th minute L.McNamara got himself into a great position but couldn't finish it off by sending it over the bar. In the end Thai Team deserved a 1-1 draw after getting their tactics right for this game.

Miku was suspended and we could of done with Miku getting into space for this game.

Goals: Matsumoto (8) Papaleo (11 PEN) MOTM: Hogan.

We are now currently 10 points infront of HONDA 2 having played a game more but HONDA 2 play against 4th place FC Mimonos tonight.

Addicted
    Been a while since my last update (where I was due to play Devil 9 in the League), so here we go.

We defeated Devil 9 2-0 on Friday, with Sutcu scoring both goals. Plenty of shots (21), but few on target (9). Nothing much to right home about really.

Saturday saw two games, the first being the all important CL 2nd leg against Today aqokid FC, who I drew 1-1 at home. I was unable to watch the match (my opponent was and I did have a friend support me). It looked a poor game for myself but ended with a great come back. The 22nd minute saw Steigelmann (my best MC) injured and replaced by Ha (who is not too far behind quality wise) in the 26th minute. They scored the first goal in the 27th minute to make it 2-1 to them. This was made all the more difficult when Jorgensen was booked in the 31st minute, which they scored from the resulting free kick (assuming it was that. They usually tend to go hand in hand). We now looked dead and buried at 3-1 but then things got interesting, as Jorgensen scored in the 40th minute to set up a tense 45 minutes. They made two subs in the 52nd and 77th minute to close the game out, but drama occured in the 88th minute, as the substitute Ha scored (with an assit from Gussago) to make the final score 2-2 and aggregate score 3-3. Rhondda Rovers proceed to the semi finals via the away goal rule.

The League match afterwards saw Rhondda Rovers played Ricarclo FC away with the majority of the backup playing. Following previous matches that have ended with a clean sheet but few goals, this ended up in a rout, as Goncalves (2), Arianto (2 goals, 3 assists) and Nicholls (3 goals, 1 assist) scored in a very convincing 7-0 win. Unfortunately, Toume was injured, but was only out for 2 days, so no one cared.

Sunday saw a rare early kickoff in the League, as Rhondda Rovers played ML FC away in what could have been a tricky away game. However, buoyed by the 7-0 rout of Ricarclo on Saturday, they decided to repeat the feat again, with Sutcu (3), Dos Santos (1), Jorgensen (1), Gussago (1) and substitute Ha (1) scoring in another very convincing 7-0 win.

That now makes it 20 of 20 in the League with an 11 point gap over our closest rivals. Surely I have finally won my first League title.

Today's matches see Rhondda Rovers at home to FC Slatina (who I beat 3-0 earlier in the season, but have recently improved. Their best MC however is suspended for this match) and away to Cules FC in the CL (who are weaker than me by a quality of 8, BUT did beat another team in the last round that was only marginally weaker than me, so should not be underestimated). A victory here could see me play Fdd FC in the final, who qualified through my group with me. However, either they have been buying a lot more players or done some power training, as their quality has shot up since our last meetings.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    LEAGUE ROUND 21

Thai Team 1-1 July Fourth

Thai Team 3-1-2-2-2 99.0 (Butterfly like DMR as DR to keep it legal) - July Fourth 108.5 4N-1-3W-2

We have 2 Thai Teams in our league this season we refer this one as Thai Team and the other as Thai Team FC.

This was a rather dull and boring affair and with July Fourth concerntrating on the CL at the moment and being 9 points clear going into this game and not giving the league 100% and Thai Team apparently played a formation that countered ours here too. We watched the game from the iPhone from the 5 minute warning message so we didn't have time to react to the Thai Teams change of tactics.

Both goals came early in the first half, Thai Team took the lead on 8 minutes after Raheem Sterling played a great ball to Matsumoto and he only needed to get it on target to score. Helton in defence fouled Michu in the box after he looked certain to score and he got a yellow card and Papaleo scored from the penalty spot to make it 1-1 on 11 minutes, The game was effectively a stalemate after this and Zidane had a great chance to score midway through the second half but his chance went out for a corner. Thai team could of won it with Fuller shot from 25 meters but it was blocked by Hardy and in the 88th minute L.McNamara got himself into a great position but couldn't finish it off by sending it over the bar. In the end Thai Team deserved a 1-1 draw after getting their tactics right for this game.

Miku was suspended and we could of done with Miku getting into space for this game.

Goals: Matsumoto (8) Papaleo (11 PEN) MOTM: Hogan.

We are now currently 10 points infront of HONDA 2 having played a game more but HONDA 2 play against 4th place FC Mimonos tonight.
    Sounds like it was an asymmetric formation, I hate those.. Some are quite hard to beat

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Sounds like it was an asymmetric formation, I hate those.. Some are quite hard to beat
    Yeah it was... the defence was modified for it to stay legal, otherwise it would be an illegal butterfly with 2 defenders and 2 strikers.

League, round 21 - Perfect Tactics 6-0 Beast FC
    Perfect Tactics: 52.5, 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly
    Beast FC: 31.1, 3-1-3W-2N-1

A bit of a mixed performance for Perfect Tactics, however we did get the 3 points despite being down to 10 men for half the match. We started off slowly but a free kick on 28 minutes gave Petersen the chance to put us 1-0 up and he took advantage with a wonderful strike. Mata made it 2-0 before half time, a solo effort beating the whole team en route to goal. We were then reduced to 10 men after Blomqvist spat on an opposition player (we'll deal with him later), Mata got his hat trick from a corner and then from a shot that flew into the top corner. Beast FC were also reduced to 10 men when Aykut brought down Petersen just outside the penalty area and was shown a second yellow card. Substitute Suarez also scored when Mata's accurate cross found him unmarked following a counter attack.

Goals: Petersen (28', 84'), Mata (43', 69', 74' HAT), Suarez (87')
    Sent off: Blomqvist (49'), Aykut (84')
    MOTM: Mata
    July Fourth likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<