Page 165 of 203 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2024
Like Tree957Likes

Thread: Season 39

Yeah, something I noticed is that I´m playing against the "best-of-best" in the CL (all teams I´ve beaten were around Q35) but my friend and league rival (FC Kula) get´s to play against Q20 - 25 teams... The CL toss/draw isn´t fair at all... Why do I need to struggle against the "best" but he don´t? ... If he makes to the final, and I don´t - or if he wins the final and I get eliminated in the semi-final (2nd leg).. I would be pissed as FU*K!
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Won my first league with five games to spare :-)
    July Fourth and Chris Rath like this.

Apprentice
    I won my CL semifinal against at home 1-0 a very defensive (5-4-1) team. A good start, no away goals conceded, but I have to be careful in the away game. My DMC got injured in the 90th minute, and I dont have enough packs to heal him up. I hope Ill have enough packs by the return game, todays and tomorrows league games are easy opponents and not that important anyway.

edit: todays league was an easy 2-0 win, the DMC wasnt really missed plus I got an extra red pack for fair play. Shouldnt be a prob to get the dmc up again tomorrow.

Injury count for the season: 17

edit2: My 2nd team (victim for my friendlies) managed to hit 13th place in its league and 2 stars average quality (9.9). I hope I can "improve" this when the 2 star youth player is coming in next season, since 9 quality players usually retire quickly
    Last edited by Bermudo; 04-29-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    July Fourth likes this.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

FC Kneipenkick update:

League: FC Abrakadabra (28.1) 0-4 FC Kneipenkick (39.4)
    In the league I played today at a RL friend of mine, Adrian, who sadly stopped playing since the start of the season. It is the fourth time we meet this season (league and CL) and it is as always 4-3-1-2 vs. 4-1-4-1. Kunz (19.), Díaz Rahi (50.), Mosqueda (80.) and Rubin De Toledo (83.) made it comfortable 4-0. Abrakadabra felt from 4th to 6th (one point behind the CL spot), while FCK leads the league with at least 4 points (match of the second not played).

CL: "Thai team name" (31.6) 2-2 FC Kneipenkick (39.4)
    It was the expected tough semi-final. The thai manager fielded a 5-4-1, FCK responded with 4-4-2 classic. Despite 4-4-2 is listed as a counter formation the thai team had the better start, created the first chances and used one of them, 1-0 after 22 minutes. After about half an hour FCK started to get more control of the match and Kunz (43.) equalized right before half-time. The 2nd half we managed the match well, but after about an hour, the thai team got a FK and scored again the lead (62.). FCK was not shocked, but instead Kunz (64.) equalized. Despite switching from normal to attacking mentality and fresh players (all 3 subs used) the final result stayed 2-2. FCK fans fear a sh*tty exit like in last seasons CL semis (there we drew away and choke it at home due to a match engine fail (opponent saw red and turned my lead into a 2 goals win). But at least this time we got some away goals.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Yeah, something I noticed is that I´m playing against the "best-of-best" in the CL (all teams I´ve beaten were around Q35) but my friend and league rival (FC Kula) get´s to play against Q20 - 25 teams... The CL toss/draw isn´t fair at all... Why do I need to struggle against the "best" but he don´t? ... If he makes to the final, and I don´t - or if he wins the final and I get eliminated in the semi-final (2nd leg).. I would be pissed as FU*K!
    Happened to me last season. My FC Kneipenkick got eleminted in the semis, while my no token free-time troll FC (I watch no videos for it and only matches from time to time) won the league and the CL. Both teams are at the same level, FC Kneipenkick is > 10 quality stronger, but my troll FC plays on a realitive weak server (new server and there was no token buyer in his league and CL last season).

Apprentice
    My CL opponent also went 5-4-1, I used 3w-1-3n-1-2, a narrow diamond variant with one more midfielder. I think 3-5-2 variants are most effective against 5-4-1, you really dont need 4 defenders against a single striker and no attacking midfielders. An AMC also seems good because 5-4-1 doesnt have a dmc. 3n-4-1-2 could be interesting, for example, but I dont have normal ML or MR.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL PREVIEW

bordomavi vs July Fourth Tonight
    July Fourth vs bordomavi Wednesday

July Fourth 108.6 - bordomavi 99.5

For a part of the 2nd leg against ST.KOOZ United there was a moment where I was thinking I wouldn't have a Semi-Final preview to make in this seasons Champions League competition because we were losing at one stage before our brilliant second half performance came in to win the tie convincingly in the end after being a close affair.

So here we are in the Semi-Final once again for the 15th time in the clubs history with only ever losing one Semi-Final ever over 2 legs. Our opponents are bordomavi who are unfancied in this competition but fought well through a wide open part to the draw to get to the Semi-Finals, thanks to a manager who is active and does watch some of his teams games. It would be good if we get a bit of respect from our opponents rather than just throwing in the towel that some seem to do when they see my team.

bordomavi have a team similar to my last 16 opponents FC Tiki Taka which we dispatched rather easily in a 7-2 first leg win. they have a squad of 19 players meaning that he can name a full starting line-up and subs bench for our games and prefers the 4-3W-1-2 formation. But he has players to switch formations a little but not too much, he could also play 4-1-3W-2 if needed or 4-4-2 classic. They do not have any players in their entire team that have any special abilities and also they can name a full starting 5* team. Their main weakness is their attack, 5* Juan Reynoso with 16 goals this season and 4* Andrei Panescu with just 12 goals. They have an old average age team of 29.9 which focuses best on defence rather than attack. So they have experienced players in their line-up, their best player is their GK Birger Molisse.

We do not have any suspended players for the 1st leg and Miku, Norris and Novotny are our players on a yellow so it will be important to get a good win tonight and any other players as well as those 3 picking up a yellow tonight, will not need to be risked in the 2nd leg so we can have a full team available for the final on Friday should we get there.

ODDS: To Qualify: bordomavi 6/1, July Fourth 1/10
    1st Leg: bordomavi 11/2 Draw 11/4 July Fourth 1/2
    2nd Leg: July Fourth 2/9 Draw 4/1 bordomavi 12/1

Champions League Winner ODDS:
    July Fourth 2/7
    WoonY United 5/1
    Beta United 8/1
    bordomavi 16/1
    Ljepoje likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    Happened to me last season. My FC Kneipenkick got eleminted in the semis, while my no token free-time troll FC (I watch no videos for it and only matches from time to time) won the league and the CL. Both teams are at the same level, FC Kneipenkick is > 10 quality stronger, but my troll FC plays on a realitive weak server (new server and there was no token buyer in his league and CL last season).
    LOL... troll FC. Your taking a page out of my book. My second team is named Troll City.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    LOL... troll FC. Your taking a page out of my book. My second team is named Troll City.
    Yeah, I read about your troll team. So, due to copyright issues, I chose another name. But it is a Troll FC, it trolls Kneipenkick since I started it at the end of the same season I started with FCK, but the troll team has one more CL trophy like my serious team.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    Yeah, I read about your troll team. So, due to copyright issues, I chose another name. But it is a Troll FC, it trolls Kneipenkick since I started it at the end of the same season I started with FCK, but the troll team has one more CL trophy like my serious team.
    Yeah... I am sure there is more than one team in Top Eleven called Troll City, there is bound to be a few Troll City's around with other players that had the same trolling idea on the game. So you won more with your 2nd team? LOL...

I've struggled to save up tokens to buy players this season on the Troll City account, be lucky to have a good team next season since its a difficult server to get 5* players, there is always bidding wars even though Troll City is about 5 levels off the highest level on that particular server.