Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Cheat is still here?

Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    as a human, loosing to a mutant is normal

unless you are batman
    Always be batman.

Cheat is still here?-images.jpeg
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 11-18-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

Famous
    Niddhoeggr understands what i'm trying to say.

In case of confusion, the main point is that data mining can be done to identify patterns in the tactics of managers on a larger level such as cultural. It's valuable for competitions where we don't have much familiarity with our opponents, so higher levels that see the same teams every season this doesn't benefit. The pattern is unlikely find something as rigid as 100% of the time a manager from _______ play defense + counters. Patterns won't be that obvious, but they won't find completely random results either. It might find something like 2/3rds of the time a manager from __________ will start the 1st leg of an association duel with defense + counters. Keep in mind that being associations, our opponent hasn't had the opportunity to study our tactics, so no individual pattern can be recognized, increasing the odds they just go to their favorite system for the 1st leg. So if we can identify patterns like this, it provides a basis for how to start an association and if we guess correctly, we can jump out to a multiple goal advantage and by the time the opponent changes their system, the damage is already done.

If i'm wrong, i'll happily eat my words.
    If i'm correct, their are probably other associations that are already looking for patterns like these, especially in the platinum league.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 11-20-2017 at 02:32 AM.
    Toxcatl and Niddhoeggr like this.
    Level 40 Manager

If you are playing an Aussie, prepare for hard tackling!

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Niddhoeggr understands what i'm trying to say.

In case of confusion, the main point is that data mining can be done to identify patterns in the tactics of managers on a larger level such as cultural. It's valuable for competitions where we don't have much familiarity with our opponents, so higher levels that see the same teams every season this doesn't benefit. The pattern is unlikely find something as rigid as 100% of the time a manager from _______ play defense + counters. Patterns won't be that obvious, but they won't find completely random results either. It might find something like 2/3rds of the time a manager from __________ will start the 1st leg of an association duel with defense + counters. Keep in mind that being associations, our opponent hasn't had the opportunity to study our tactics, so no individual pattern can be recognized, increasing the odds they just go to their favorite system for the 1st leg. So if we can identify patterns like this, it provides a basis for how to start an association and if we guess correctly, we can jump out to a multiple goal advantage and by the time the opponent changes their system, the damage is already done.

If i'm wrong, i'll happily eat my words.
    If i'm correct, their are probably other associations that are already looking for patterns like these, especially in the platinum league.
    I like your ideas. My problem is more that the game is so random even more so in associations I find it hard to believe you can actually read anything into the game of TE. Real football and behaviour yes. TE not so much. I agree that managers are likely to start 1st leg with their usual favoured system then change in 2nd leg if they lose. In final we can study sf games but I'm not seeing anything in the matches in associations which makes much sense to be honest lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Nik, the association engine is actually the same engine that is used for league, champions league and cup matches.
    Disagree completely. I never lost in three years to a 4-2-2-2 hexagon with 4-5-1V. Not even mentioning a 20% inferior team and by 4-0! I have also beaten teams largely superior that would have destroyed me in solo game. I think the game engine in asso is a much lighter version of the "real" one. It's hugely affected by the presence or not of your fellow asso members when in solo game, the presence of fans has very little impact.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    the game engine is also different in friendly games.
    I remember that had a couple of draws vs teams about 10 levels above - lol

That's why my advice is not be afraid a friend request from a possible rival for that reason (if he arrange a friendly game to test you).
    pcmacdaniel, Iridensys and gizzmo like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Daniel!

If i'm from Hungary i should playing like this?: Revolutionary Hungarian tactic from '50s

No, i'm playing counterdef 451v and rarely 442ND

(ok, ok i understand meaning of your post ... Just kidding! )
    Last edited by Gabez Teh; 11-20-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    the game engine is also different in friendly games.
    I remember that had a couple of draws vs teams about 10 levels above - lol

That's why my advice is not be afraid a friend request from a possible rival for that reason (if he arrange a friendly game to test you).
    Good point Nik, I forgot about the friendly engine.

As for associations, we all have different experiences in that tournament. I'm in the middle of a 50-3-3 run (you can check my team, and divide total points by total bonuses to confirm if you wish), so i'm not experiencing those strange scores other managers have been reporting in associations. Maybe it's a confirmation bias, who knows... I honestly believe that in higher leagues, we're looking at a most common play-style, across several regions of defense + counters being used, and in my experience tiki-taka tactics usually defeat Park the Bus (been using it against bunkers since our mutual friend Noel helped me establish such a tactic when we were in same association, although I kept screwing up the system at that point). But this could be a confirmation bias, but can't hurt to test
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 11-20-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

By tiki-taka you mean short passes and 3-4 players in AM*/ST positions? Can you please be more specific?
    It wasn't our day.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    By tiki-taka you mean short passes and 3-4 players in AM*/ST positions? Can you please be more specific?
    short passes, i'm use it with 4-5-1v, 4-3n-2w-1, 4-2n-3w-1. I'm guessing it can be done with formation with more than 1 striker, but my strikers have historically not been good until like this month, so I haven't tested it.

orders are something like normal/flanks/short/off/low/normal/m2m/on. Might change to something like normal/flanks/short/off/high/normal/zonal/off during the match. Sometimes I use attacking mentality instead of normal as well. Generally I try to use short passes if opponent is going defensive. And low press if I think opponent is forcing counters.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 11-20-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123