Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Do tactics still matter ?

Famous

Do tactics still matter ?

It was one of those matches to force you quit this game. After 1 month of commitment and huge investment in new players + power training, my treble hopes vanished in the CL final today. From week 1, I had a very bad feeling about this game and I was right. I already mentioned this season that I was doubting of the effects of tactic in the new version of the game. I do not focus on the 2018 update because I started feeling this a couple of seasons ago: whatever tactic I used, I never felt I had control over the game. Classical counters are not efficient as they used to be, obvious (although less classical) counters were of poor help. But due to the quality of my team, I did well nevertheless. This season, my opposition has been too weak for me conclude about the tactical aspect of the game. And then, arrives the CL final: first "serious" oppo of the season. He is -25% compared to me: I have never lost with this quality advantage in 39 seasons except a couple of trolls in league more than one year ago. But this is a final. He plays 3W-4-2AMC-1. What ? No DMC, only one DC ? This should be a walk for 4-4-2 ND! I play normal/middle/short and after 35 minutes, I am down 0-3. So stunned that I could not think of any smart change... My strikers rated 4 and 5 !. Cannot remember getting numbers that low ! I ended up in 4-5-1V high press and attack (which I never used before) just to score 1.
    So, my title question remains: have they killed the tactical aspect of the game on purpose ? by incompetence ? What are we left with if this is the case ?
    Last edited by gizzmo; 12-08-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I never trusted the ND
    so yes in a way , tactics matter - lol
    Kaizer Franz likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Used to be master of the game and now feel frustrated?
    Just plan to have a season without winning anything then start over, you will feel like a virgin again.
    Yes, you heard right, like a virgin. Everything will work amazingly normally.

Pro
    A lot has obviously changed as regards tactics with the new fluid formation settings. We need to unlearn all that we know and delete the table of counter formations thread. However tactics still work we just have to figure them out.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by 112000 View Post
    Used to be master of the game and now feel frustrated?
    Just plan to have a season without winning anything then start over, you will feel like a virgin again.
    Yes, you heard right, like a virgin. Everything will work amazingly normally.
    Thanks for your useful post.
    I've never been (or claimed to be) a master of anything. I am just asking questions. You should save your 72 poor messages to add something constructive - would be much appreciated.
    On top of that, please keep you sexual remarks for yourself and have fun.
    Niddhoeggr and USARABAT like this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

For me before match, matter the avQ and programming of the players, my thesis always has been that one can win a treble with any formation, so, formations, matter in this case, during the live match, when the game has created the scenario and then you can affect on it moving players/doing a change of formation.

Thats why again I defend that with this theory is the same play with a counter or without, is exactly the same cause once the game starts the game will choose a scenario more in your favour or against you playing with, or without counter...

So matter only inside the live simulation once you know the scenario you face, not before.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Thanks for your useful post.
    I've never been (or claimed to be) a master of anything. I am just asking questions. You should save your 72 poor messages to add something constructive - would be much appreciated.
    On top of that, please keep you sexual remarks for yourself and have fun.
    OK, this is my last poor message in this topic.
    I know you upset about your freaking match, so you think my reply is idiotic. And I'm truly sorry for that.
    But if you decide not to quit playing and someday do what I said, you will figure out how it's useful to solve the problem - not just talk about it (and .... well maybe funny).
    Kaizer Franz and gizzmo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    He is -25% compared to me
    The system separated a troll for your final, that's the only thing I can imagine ;/
    Better luck next time, gizzmo.

And I have the same feeling you have: there's no longer much of a control in the matches, no matter if you are watching it and making changes to the instructions/formations.
    It's seeming to be more like: build a strong squad, pick a formation, train the players, pray for them to do the job by themselves. If "the system wants you to lose", you will lose.

I hope the trolls are with me today and my boys do the job, cause I have a hard CL final in some hours.
    Niddhoeggr and gizzmo like this.

Changing tactics can change the course of the game completely, I did it couple of times this season. But what should be changed to what, and how to start the game correctly -- these are the questions.
    If tactics and orders don't work, I make radical changes and hope for the best. It often works.
    And if something does work, I try not to breath =] Many times I was leading with good statistics, and changing orders to protect the lead (to defensive, short, off) ends with the opposite result.
    It wasn't our day.

Dreamer
    I won Treble today with only one formation, didnt change it whole season, I just make sure I am 40% stronger than any other opponent in the draw. And dont care about tactics. Average quality is what matters , enough said.

One more thing, I have lost one game whole season that day when Devs implemented UK Tour, so after the update. That day I was superior only 25% to theopponent i have lost. So I added another 20%, he added something but was able to beat him in away game. Since then, walk in a park

i need two more trebles then i will quit because simply there is nothing more to achieve. I will master it and leave the game......
    Last edited by Mirrowka; 12-08-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast