Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    What to do on a bad day?
    Listening that song

ibangali and Niddhoeggr like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post

If you see your opponent has more SoT than you after ~15', then change the formation (without subs if possible) and orders.
    Change the whole tactics. There is no guarantee changes will help, but the situation definitely won't resolve by itself.
    Do one radical change and wait for at least 15-20 minutes to see the outcome.
    Don't rush mindlessly from one tactics to another. Be patient and use your brain. .

What do you consider a RADICAL change in tactics if you were playing with normal mentality and the rating of most of your team crushed BELOW 6.5 first 15-20 minutes and you receive 1 or two goals ??

A- Change the formation AND/ OR substitute 1-2 players to go for offense
    B- Change the mentality from NORMAL to attack or defense or hard attack or hard defense?
    C- Change the type of passes
    D- Change the intensity of tackles
    E- Turn on / off FAST COUNTER ATTACK & OR OFFSIDE

F- A + B
    G- A+ C
    H - A+ D
    I - A+ E

J- A + ( Two more options )

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    What Spartan117 said is right. Except for the part about morale, condition and bonuses. All of them have impact, especially obligatory training sessions; you know those "you have to do 2 more trainings" messages? Don't you dare to ignore them =]

Actually it has been confirmed to be just cosmetic.

From my experience, condition and morale have little if no impact at all. I've lost some games very badly on full preparation and won some when I totally forgot or had bad preparation.
    If it's a bad day there's nothing much you can do. I usually put some more ST and play on attack to make a comeback or cover more the midfield, but it's mostly about how the game generates goals.
    More possession = more scoring opportunities, then from that it mostly makes a calculation on how many of these turns out to be goals, maybe out of player's qualities mixed with the rest of the numbers.

If you are losing even with more possession it's likely because of the game compensating the weaker team (perhaps with an absent manager) in order to make it more fair. It turns out to be 1 shot on target = 1 goal.
    Not sure how you can overcome that though.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by anduincolfer View Post
    Hi USARABAT, thanks for your comments.

I attended the entire game, opponent manager was also present.
    As this was my CL QF match, I prepared all I could.

All my training bonuses were +10%, i.e. maxed, condition of all players also 90% and above.
    In addition I was on a season high undefeated win streak of 15 matches.

Not sure if the win streak was my undoing, like Mr Troll had to come out and make a mess of it.

Anyone had similar experiences and managed to turn the tables?
    I find that the long winning streak leads to a troll type result around game 15 to 20. Obviously programmed to increase probability of loss the longer you go undefeated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    The truth is that it has nothing to do with morale, condition, and certainly not win bonus or training bonus. The game engine creates these scenarios sometimes and expects you to react to it. If you do what the engine expects you to, then you can turn it around. Most times adjusting the position of your defenders will do the trick or a change in your orders might work, but just keep changing stuff and keep an eye out for for key stats shots on target and no of saves, if it improves in your favor then stick with that setting.

Most times I'm able to identify this kind of scenario even before I concede the first goal by watching the ratings of my defenders and also paying close attention to the number of shots on target against me and how many of those shots forced my goalie to make a save. If ten minutes into the match I see the opponent has 6 shots with 5 on target and I have 5 with 0 on target then I know I need to change something because if I don't I'll concede a lot of goals with that setting. Take this from someone who has only lost twice in the past 4 seasons.
    I call these scenarios Troll Challenge. Like a game of rock paper scissors game expects attending manager to find the magic orders to overcome the challenge. Occasionally I will get a brick wall troll. Where no matter what you do and even if the match lasted 24 hours I would never score!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post
    What do you consider a RADICAL change in tactics if you were playing with normal mentality and the rating of most of your team crushed BELOW 6.5 first 15-20 minutes and you receive 1 or two goals ??

A- Change the formation AND/ OR substitute 1-2 players to go for offense
    B- Change the mentality from NORMAL to attack or defense or hard attack or hard defense?
    C- Change the type of passes
    D- Change the intensity of tackles
    E- Turn on / off FAST COUNTER ATTACK & OR OFFSIDE

F- A + B
    G- A+ C
    H - A+ D
    I - A+ E

J- A + ( Two more options )
    The answer is yes.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 12-31-2017 at 04:21 AM.
    It wasn't our day.

Thanks guys, appreciate your suggestions.
    I never really noticed SOT in first 15 mins so i'll add that to my watchlist.

I do agree that there's no one solution to this since the game's dynamic but just wanted to hear what you might have done over your T11 career.

Also it seems at least for me (& some confirmed it), Mr Troll likes to strike around match 15 of an unbeaten run.
    So must pay attention during such streaks and expect such results.
    ibangali likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117
    The truth is that it has nothing to do with morale, condition, and certainly not win bonus or training bonus. The game engine creates these scenarios sometimes and expects you to react to it.
    Indeed, here is one of my team, whole season I might visit 4/5 times, do some training, buy players if needed and here how the team did this season:

What to do on a bad day? Discussion-thasin-fc-season-100.jpg

Trolling Nord doing for their (dev or behind the screen) own fun

Do you think one of my club dum to lost 0:7 against same q but +1 lvl club/manager then return game won 2:0. Here is another one, my main club lost 0:1 then won 1:3.

What to do on a bad day? Discussion-troll-iamb.jpg

What to do on a bad day? Discussion-troll-ib.jpg

You can find tons of stories like that, Nord saying:

What to do on a bad day? Discussion-top-eleven.jpg

I said "Be a dump dummy football manager".

So what we can do, come to forum, protest against troll and request them (nord) to let us play normal and not make us dummy manager.
    Last edited by ibangali; 01-03-2018 at 09:30 PM.
    I can fight against a real player but can't fight against game engine (troll).
    Trolling ruin the game fun and all efforts.
    We play for fun not frustration.

Rookie
    There is nothing you can do when you have a bad day and I have the perfect example . I only had one strong opponent this season . The same team in all 3 competitions . My team was about 5% percent higher rated . In the league I won 3-0 and drew 4-4 . In CL , we were paired in the semifinal . I used the same tactics and lost the first game 5-1 . His goalkeeper had 10 saves . I had 12 shots on target he only had 7 , and 5 of them were goals . After this match we had the cup final , same tactics and formations . I won easily 4-2 . Then we had the second game of CL semifinal . I won by 1-0 , I got a red card in min 2 , although I didn't use hard tackling . So I think the engine wanted both of us to be happy somehow .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12