Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: What to do on a bad day? Discussion

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    19

    What to do on a bad day? Discussion

    Ok so I just fought an evenly matched opponent (3% stronger) and lost 6-1.

    My entire DF + GK is rated ~4.5.
    My opponent had 2 “strikers” rated 10.

    Seeing how poorly my defense was playing I substituted 2 out at half time.
    Subs played equally poor.

    Same thing happened in my cup final last season where I lost 5-1 against an evenly matched opponent.

    Tactics wise, last season I played defensive; this time I tried offense.

    So my question is, what can we do in such situations to turn things around?
    Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What to do on a bad day? Discussion-85c54047-7cd9-4304-a080-6df494679cbe.jpg   What to do on a bad day? Discussion-7edd9f2d-5741-4738-abe7-be7dd01211ef.jpg   What to do on a bad day? Discussion-a6a4fc41-6ba2-450d-8983-a5c74ccfb362.jpg  
    ibangali likes this.

  2. #2
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    317
    In most cases nothing

    My third team had a bad day this morning in the CL (me 48% opponent 75%) and no tactics change could help

    I was like a pungiball

    What to do on a bad day? Discussion-screenshot_20171230-133202.jpg
    What to do on a bad day? Discussion-screenshot_20171230-133530.jpg
    ibangali likes this.
    CUP LEVEL 12 SPECIALIST (winner: Season 8 level 8, Season 11 level 11, Season 12 level 11; finalist: Season 13 Level 12)

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by anduincolfer View Post
    Ok so I just fought an evenly matched opponent (3% stronger) and lost 6-1.

    My entire DF + GK is rated ~4.5.
    My opponent had 2 “strikers” rated 10.

    Seeing how poorly my defense was playing I substituted 2 out at half time.
    Subs played equally poor.

    Same thing happened in my cup final last season where I lost 5-1 against an evenly matched opponent.

    Tactics wise, last season I played defensive; this time I tried offense.

    So my question is, what can we do in such situations to turn things around?
    Any ideas?


    Such bad player rating against almost equal team is a reflection of a strong attacking training + highest win bonus of your opponent while you had a normal training + MAYBE your absence during the game and/ or low win bonus ...
    ibangali likes this.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post
    Such bad player rating against almost equal team is a reflection of a strong attacking training + highest win bonus of your opponent while you had a normal training + MAYBE your absence during the game and/ or low win bonus ...
    Hi USARABAT, thanks for your comments.

    I attended the entire game, opponent manager was also present.
    As this was my CL QF match, I prepared all I could.

    All my training bonuses were +10%, i.e. maxed, condition of all players also 90% and above.
    In addition I was on a season high undefeated win streak of 15 matches.

    Not sure if the win streak was my undoing, like Mr Troll had to come out and make a mess of it.

    Anyone had similar experiences and managed to turn the tables?
    ibangali likes this.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    879
    well then what about the win bonus , maybe you didn't set it to the max ?

  6. #6
    Famous KenoticFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,291
    One suggestion even thou it is kinda of a myth but it has some truth in my experience. Never substitute a Defender especially a DC, there is a high chance of conceding a goal after that.
    El Pistolero and ibangali like this.

  7. #7
    Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    858
    The truth is that it has nothing to do with morale, condition, and certainly not win bonus or training bonus. The game engine creates these scenarios sometimes and expects you to react to it. If you do what the engine expects you to, then you can turn it around. Most times adjusting the position of your defenders will do the trick or a change in your orders might work, but just keep changing stuff and keep an eye out for for key stats shots on target and no of saves, if it improves in your favor then stick with that setting.

    Most times I'm able to identify this kind of scenario even before I concede the first goal by watching the ratings of my defenders and also paying close attention to the number of shots on target against me and how many of those shots forced my goalie to make a save. If ten minutes into the match I see the opponent has 6 shots with 5 on target and I have 5 with 0 on target then I know I need to change something because if I don't I'll concede a lot of goals with that setting. Take this from someone who has only lost twice in the past 4 seasons.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    If ten minutes into the match I see the opponent has 6 shots with 5 on target and I have 5 with 0 on target then I know I need to change something because if I don't I'll concede a lot of goals with that setting. Take this from someone who has only lost twice in the past 4 seasons.
    you said " change something" can you give more details /options in the case mentioned above ?

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    The truth is that it has nothing to do with morale, condition, and certainly not win bonus or training bonus. The game engine creates these scenarios sometimes and expects you to react to it. If you do what the engine expects you to, then you can turn it around. Most times adjusting the position of your defenders will do the trick or a change in your orders might work, but just keep changing stuff and keep an eye out for for key stats shots on target and no of saves, if it improves in your favor then stick with that setting.

    Most times I'm able to identify this kind of scenario even before I concede the first goal by watching the ratings of my defenders and also paying close attention to the number of shots on target against me and how many of those shots forced my goalie to make a save. If ten minutes into the match I see the opponent has 6 shots with 5 on target and I have 5 with 0 on target then I know I need to change something because if I don't I'll concede a lot of goals with that setting. Take this from someone who has only lost twice in the past 4 seasons.
    I do change my defender position too but it doesn’t seem to have any effect in such situations. The opponent striker just goes on a rampage and there’s nothing I can do.

    Stuff i’ve tried:
    1. Shifting my DF to oppo ST position; sometimes change to man-to-man
    2. Moving my wing backs closer to centre + add DMC
    Last edited by anduincolfer; 12-30-2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Typo

  10. #10
    Famous Toxcatl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    1,149
    What Spartan117 said is right. Except for the part about morale, condition and bonuses. All of them have impact, especially obligatory training sessions; you know those "you have to do 2 more trainings" messages? Don't you dare to ignore them =]

    Beginning of the game is very important. If you see your opponent has more SoT than you after ~15', then change the formation (without subs if possible) and orders. Change the whole tactics. If you played offensive, then go, for example, for possession with short passes to control midfield; if you played defensive with counter-attacks, go for attack. If you tried to control midfield, go for defense and counter-attacks. This is just examples, I'm not saying "do exactly that" (I know nothing), but you have to do something. There is no guarantee changes will help, but the situation definitely won't resolve by itself. If you just keep watching and clutching at your chest, you are simply going to lose. Do one radical change and wait for at least 15-20 minutes to see the outcome. Don't rush mindlessly from one tactics to another. Be patient and use your brain.
    Think before the game what can you change and how to do it. It will save some precious time during the match.

    Shots and SoT are the most important parameters that show you how the game is going more accurate than anything else. And if you see you have more SoT and generally doing well, don't change anything! Many times I thought: "Ok, I am attacking, statistics is good, but now I don't need to score more, I just have to hold for the last 15 minutes, so I'm going to play defensively", and it ended with a disaster.

    P.S. Going to Home screen and then immediately back to the match refreshes the statistics. Do it often.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 12-30-2017 at 07:04 PM. Reason: PS
    ibangali, rogerniceguy and 112000 like this.
    It wasn't our day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast