• 8 Post By Toxcatl
  • 3 Post By Altiplano
  • 1 Post By Mark(Bradford city)
  • 3 Post By KenoticFC
  • 1 Post By dadinjo
  • 1 Post By KenoticFC

Thread: No money = no victories/trophies = no Top Eleven

No money = no victories/trophies = no Top Eleven

note: this turned out to be very long. TL; DR is in the last row.
    Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I made an account a few minutes ago just for the sake of posting my opinion and some critics as well.
    I have been playing TE for about 3 months now and I'm level 4. The game got me addicted and I play it a lot, thoughts on TE are mostly positive but I have some serious dissapointment and hatred toward some aspects of the game. Since I'm level 4 I have played and progressed in TE for 3 seasons, won 3 Leauge titles and a Cup, therefore I know the game pretty solid and these are in my opinon some huge drawbacks and insjustices.

Every one of these things is related to tokens in some way, so here we go:

First, I really can't understand why do I need to pay significant amount of tokens in order to sign young players that came out of MY youth academy?
    The last time I signed my young player it cost me 14 tokens and he was made in Level 5 Training facility. 2 new players are arriving in my team in 5 days but from upgraded training facility, Level 7. If I used 14 precious tokens on a player that literally I brought to life (and that was last season in lower level) from a Level 5 school, how much will a more quality player from the more advanced facility cost me?? I can only guess it won't be under 20T. If developers really want to steal the most precious thing in TE for a thing like this, you can at least lower down the token cost of our boys, at least 50% if not enabling us to have them for free.

Secondly, the Free Token offers (in my case) don't work. They never worked. I tried to earn tokens that way multiple times and that was like 1-2T for a simple task and nothing. Tried more demanding tasks for 20/30/40 tokens, again nothing. My friend downloaded a game from Play store, played it for almost 5 hours for a prize of around 100T, in the end he was left with a grinded game and no tokens. Based on these experiences I'm convinced the offers are pure scam.

The third and perhaps the biggest injusice, timekiller and cash stealer is player shopping, more precisely buying. If you want 100%+ players whose season wage is one Champions League match prize, money is your weapon and tokens are your ammo. Except this is not Call of Duty and you don't have loads of ammo, which means you need to part with around 10T for a player via Negotiations and literally throw away min. 39T for a player via Scouting.
    Well wait, why tf would you waste those premium tokens when you have TRANSFERS? Great point. Not so great either.
    While progressing in TE and constantly following TM and bidding for players in it, what I've concluded is that the higher level you are, the more tokens are involved in bidding especially if you chase a trophy or potential treble and only have to buy players with at least 80% and preferably more. None of these auctions ends with e.g. 2-3 tokens, instead it goes waaaay up to astonishing 25T for which you can easily buy any player from Negotiations list or even two. Even if you are able to and decide to waste 50-60 tokens on a Scout player, it will nonetheless lose its stars over the time, so it's pointless
    The point is, if you want decent players tokens are a must. A lot of them. And a lot of luck as well.
    What I think how this can be fixed with a simple feature: player buying limit, for auctions only considering everyone with token shortage buys players from there. Someone who has 100+ or 500+ tokens or infinite money to buy them automatically has advantage and can always buy whatever he wants, not to mention countless auction wins.Therefore, there should be a set limit for a number of players you can buy in a time period. In my opinion, the limit should be 1 or max 2 players per day. That way trolls can't have everything they want and at the same time we poor people can buy something as well. It also means you wouldn't be able to just buy and sell as much as you want, you would need to examine your team and think about which players are to be sold and what you need to buy in order to replace him/strengthen you squad, so much more thinking and strategy would be involved and everyone would be happier.

Why am I complaining about this? Yes, tokens are premium and you must buy them; yes, the developers have to make money from something; yes, you are given some tokens for free but not enough of them;yes, it is pay-to-win (not completely because of game tactics and strategies but in most part) but every game is nowadays.
    I just wanted to say that not all people in this world live in USA, Norway, Germany, Australia etc. Not all people earn 2000+ dollars/euros a month and can buy whatever they need and want. Not all people can separate money just for TE. Some people live in less developed countries. Some people work a whole month for as little as 100-150 dollars/euros a, have families that they need to sacrifice for and provide them with food, clothes and pay bills. I belong to the latter group.

And my conclusion on this is, if we can't get the tokens we need in a free and legal way, we should stop playing TE sooner or later because there are some more important and necessary stuff that we have to spend our hard-earned money on, and not waste it on a game which we'll stop playing sooner or later.
    Peter Lecht likes this.

TL;DR
    You don't need to buy tokens to be a successful manager. Tokens from Association and passive income are enough, you don't need a lot of them. If you can't play without buying tokens, well, sorry, you are doing it wrong.
    It wasn't our day.

Famous
    Welcome to the forum. You got lots to read here that will sort you out.
    I play for free and win trophies. You don't need to spend real money. Just read posts here in the forum and you'll find lots of tips.
    Good luck.
    KenoticFC, HairDryer and xander like this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    TL;DR
    You don't need to buy tokens to be a successful manager. Tokens from Association and passive income are enough, you don't need a lot of them. If you can't play without buying tokens, well, sorry, you are doing it wrong.
    Agree. I am able to have a team between 100% and 120%, since level 3 and I never bought T, and I never will.

And another though, if you say that in 4 seasons you have a solid knowledge of the game, then you didn't understand how the game goes at all

I bought my 18 year olds about 5 seasons ago without spending money I have got 3 leagues, 2 runners up cup, 4 champion league cups and 2 cups, 3 runners up, and my assoc team are successful usually we win...I don’t spend anything just get the free 32 max rests a day and subs, by end of season I am around 132%...this season I am going to try and not get promoted so I can play different teams, getting bored with the ones I have played for last 5 season
    Altiplano likes this.

Simplified solution: Buy 18,19 yo players they will last you until they are 23,24 in the first team. Once you create a decent starting eleven you can skip the Transfer market for a season if you want or continue to sign 1 or 2 players each season and so a balance is created.
    2. Tank once every 3 or 4 seasons for resources.
    3. You can't expect to win everytime and everything, this is not a single player game, somewhere in the world somebody better than you exists, just enjoy the ride.
    khris, Altiplano and HairDryer like this.

I'm really glad that all of you that replied here achieved what you've written, then obviously I guess I'm the dumb one here, though nothing you said is applicable in my situation. First for 18-19 year old players I've got to pay 20T at least (talking about youth academy players). Second, a good (I won't go as far by saying 90% but at least 70-75%) 18-19 year old player on the TM will come out only a bit less because 99% of them go for 12-13 or more tokens in bidding, often as much as 25-30T. If I used the strategy of buying solid youngsters, let's say 3-4 of them, then yes, age and development wise, I am futureproof, kind of. 4 weeks later they lose a star which they are going to regain at the end of the season in which they lost it, and that's an endless cicle. I really don't want to start a season with a 60% team since Cup will bring you an opponent whose team is significantly or much stronger than yours in about 10 days. That means I'm out of Cup, one competition less. Even if there would be some tokens left, they're enough only for 1-2 youngsters. Now, I'm aware that there are always older players that are very good and come out cheaper because of their age. Tried that as well, but you just can't stop people who see a player with an orange star in the TM, be it a youngster or a 31 year old veteran. And since this is football, 3-4 players won't play for a team of 11.

What I've forgot to say is that I have a bottom limit of tokens in my bank and that's 60. Yes, 60 tokens. Before you bash at me for this I have a good reason for that: you never know what can happen to your team or when you'll have a recommended player that you ought to buy. And there are my young players which are bought with tokens too. My friend (we have regular talks about TE since we see each other every day) plays on spending every single token that he has and when he saves like 10T spends them again. His team is 100% or maybe even more. He knows the game of football (tactics, formations and strategy) so that can't be an excuse as well. He is level 10 or 11 and he's never won a Cup. He's never won a treble. He usually wins a trophy per season and that's either League or CL. Why did he lose if he knows how to play? A better opponent, team wise. That's why he's getting eliminated out of Cup, that's why I get eliminated out of cup.

Yes, I know and I'm aware that I cannot be the winner every single time. I don't have a complex with that. I'm not a crybaby when I lose. Loss is there for you to see and get what's wrong and try to work on bad stuff and fix them.

Just to get it clear, I'm not a hater, a troll or any kind of person who is on forum to annoy and get everyone mad, if it looks like that. I'm just expressing my thoughts and experience, I may be wrong indeed. Maybe I'm on an unlucky server or something. I still stand behind the shortage of tokens and that you really need them anytime, which ultimately leads to buying them if you have money and will to spend it on tokens.
    I just can't get why no one supported me on not buying our players from our youth academies for T. At least a bit.
    Last edited by dadinjo; 01-17-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    KenoticFC likes this.

My point is you seem to put too much emphasis on the players rating. If it encourages you I can say that I bought a 19 you ST For 30T trained him to 109% and he has scored only 2 miserable goals against a crap team in the champions league. This game lies to you a lot, better ratings doesn't mean better players, I've had my biggest successes when I had a lower rated team full with 4 star players.
    El Pistolero likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    My point is you seem to put too much emphasis on the players rating. If it encourages you I can say that I bought a 19 you ST For 30T trained him to 109% and he has scored only 2 miserable goals against a crap team in the champions league. This game lies to you a lot, better ratings doesn't mean better players, I've had my biggest successes when I had a lower rated team full with 4 star players.
    I second this. I've had 7* wingers struggle against 6* teams yet a 4* winger you've abondoned in the reserves can score a hat trick lol