Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Temidayo_
  • 2 Post By dave1311
  • 3 Post By Toxcatl
  • 3 Post By ibangali
  • 3 Post By KenoticFC
  • 1 Post By GreyWolf

Thread: Conspiracy Theory: Top Eleven's algorithm (sometimes rewards you but mostly) penalise

Conspiracy Theory: Top Eleven's algorithm (sometimes rewards you but mostly) penalise

[....] penalises you for coming late to matches

There seems to be that space in which you may join the game, between coming too late to see a game begin, but not so late that you've missed too much of the first half game, that it happens that your team have either just scored a goal, or more likely, conceded one.

Non-goal-scoring DL scored a suspicious goal out of nothing, my eye caught the light blue-white icon to the left only a second later, and sure enough, opposing manager had just logged in.

It's probably bull****, but I think I've seen this happen several times. Often enough to warrant picking up that conspiracy theory flag.
    ibangali likes this.

I agree with that. Also, how often do you log onto a friend’s game and as soon as you do, his opponent scores, or worse, someone logs in to support you and suddenly that bar shoots across and you concede a goal. Makes me hope I don’t get supporters!
    Temidayo_ and ibangali like this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

I doubt it. What would be the purpose of creating this, why Nordeus would need such rule? It would be a complicated thing, and it definitely doesn't work always. So from time to time... if this and that, and that... then there is a higher chance of...
    Nah, sounds like bull****.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-19-2018 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Where is my tin foil hat when I need it?!
    Santa1212, Temidayo_ and madflo19 like this.
    It wasn't our day.

No it’s not bull**** buddy
    I always watch my game as fan, I don’t login as main unless oppo manager attend and this days I see my player rating drop or concede goal as soon as oppo manager login and it’s hard hard to turn back.

Another scenario, I m watching as a fan my team leading, oppo manager not attending but during the match if oppo fan comes to support then oppo player rate suddenly goes up or I concede goal or oppo GK become monster
    Last edited by ibangali; 01-20-2018 at 07:01 AM.
    Temidayo_, KenoticFC and dave1311 like this.

I agree, games are played on the background anyway and I think that login in,friend support and making subs (this is also something important I have noticed changes fate sometime for good and bad) does send a message or a signal to the server or something, sorta like a little shake. Conspiracy theories are what keeps this game alive, this is why so many important questions aren't answered or are just thrown to our face as visual. Curiosity for the outcome is the only thing that keeps my interest alive and a little conspiracy and myth-busting helps that.
    ibangali, Temidayo_ and dave1311 like this.

Dreamer
    An official response from Nordeus would be great.

It is a shame they are not very transparent...
    Easy as pi

Seasons:13
    Leagues: 8
    CLs: 5
    Cups:5
    Trebles: 2

Quote Originally Posted by smk fc View Post
    An official response from Nordeus would be great.

It is a shame they are not very transparent...
    It's the essence of the game. They make it on purpose, so TE would feel more like real football, and less like video game.
    It wasn't our day.

I don’t agree that they do it fully to create a more ‘realistic’ feel. I definately think the adventure of learning is part of it but the other part is that they don’t have the time, energy inclanation or resources to bother fully explaining it. Which is fine, since were all on equal footing.

But i totally agree that as support arrives, the momentum and acquisition/concession of goals, follows.
    Hammer FC likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Conspiracy Theory: Top Eleven's algorithm (sometimes rewards you but mostly) penalise you for coming late to matches
    hmm, I wouldn't say that but doing an experiment here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%95%C...ix-result.html

found that in about 25% of the games, the result is pre-decided no matter what you do after start watching.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html