Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Why can't we discuss in peace?!

Why can't we discuss in peace?!

Has someone has read this?! I think none...
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleven-general-discussion/53762-%5Bimportant%5D-call-civility.html#post497838

---------------------------------------

This is becoming very annoying. Why do you have to use bad language and have to say many insults about the game (NORDEUS WON'T HEAR YOU IF YOU TALK LIKE THAT!!!) instead of suggest peaceful and try to change the game by SUGGESTING NOT INSULTING.

This has been a problem (for me: I don't have much time on this forum but I really like discussing here and I've learnt very much form this game) since some weeks. I only want to say that if you don't like somethig about the game, please don't start insulting here and there, try to suggest and we'll se if Nordeus likes the idea.
    Last edited by Ursd; 02-22-2018 at 10:54 PM.
    CD Rocket - Team showcase
    Stadium: Estadio Cabo Cañaveral

League Champion: 4 [3, 4, 5, 6] --- League Runner's up: 0 --- League 3rd place: 1 [2]
    Cup Champion: 1 [6] --- Cup Runner's up: 0 --- Cup 3rd place: 2 [2, 5]
    Champions League Champion: 0 --- Champions League Runner's up: 2 [2, 3] --- Champions League 3rd place: 1 [5]
    Super League Champion: 0 --- Super League Runner's up: 0 --- Super League 3rd place: 0

Triplets: 0

Current Season: 7 --- Level 7

Spot on buddy. I tried a post similar , well maybe a little stronger in language , and got smashed by others for it. Apparently I have to show respect for someone who shows no respect to the game or the developers simply because this guy has been playing for umpteen years but that guy doesnt have to show me respect for my opposing opinion because I havent been playing for umpteen years. I have played other games where even a hint of negative comment in the forum or general chat about the game or the devs will get you banned for a while. These mods are pretty generous but there has to be a limit somewhere.
    If you just allow guys to constantly whine about the game/devs in the forums then pretty soon you wont have much of a forum left , seen it happen before. As for personal insults..............well thats another ball game altogether.
    michaelefc and pcmacdaniel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by John Grant View Post
    Spot on buddy. I tried a post similar , well maybe a little stronger in language , and got smashed by others for it. Apparently I have to show respect for someone who shows no respect to the game or the developers simply because this guy has been playing for umpteen years but that guy doesnt have to show me respect for my opposing opinion because I havent been playing for umpteen years. I have played other games where even a hint of negative comment in the forum or general chat about the game or the devs will get you banned for a while. These mods are pretty generous but there has to be a limit somewhere.
    If you just allow guys to constantly whine about the game/devs in the forums then pretty soon you wont have much of a forum left , seen it happen before. As for personal insults..............well thats another ball game altogether.
    I'm glad you understand.
    Anyways, I think I don't had to put this thread because I think nothing will change and I put it because I hoped that someone heard me and do nothing, I don't know.
    At that moment, I was veey frustrated because today two (maybe more) threds were closed because, I think, any of the thing I put it the post #1 (I didn't saw the inside because when I was going to see them, they were closed).
    CD Rocket - Team showcase
    Stadium: Estadio Cabo Cañaveral

League Champion: 4 [3, 4, 5, 6] --- League Runner's up: 0 --- League 3rd place: 1 [2]
    Cup Champion: 1 [6] --- Cup Runner's up: 0 --- Cup 3rd place: 2 [2, 5]
    Champions League Champion: 0 --- Champions League Runner's up: 2 [2, 3] --- Champions League 3rd place: 1 [5]
    Super League Champion: 0 --- Super League Runner's up: 0 --- Super League 3rd place: 0

Triplets: 0

Current Season: 7 --- Level 7

Well, it's not that bad.
    btw in a closed thread you can read but you cannot post.

Apprentice
    ursd, while I agree with everything you said, rules kinda change when you feel like talking to a wall.
    well John, there are two sides to everything. I grew up on games where DEVs were forum admins as well. they actively discussed suggestions. some suggestions with most votes or positive feedback would be tried in optional , parallel releases of the game. one's they pass that test, then, maybe, would they be included in next official release.

so there you go, I think anyoue would calmly, politely and respectfully discuss any possible, future changes to the game. but if they just poor s#1t on your head "announced" only after its done...and their lackeys ignore all said, or try to trick you with superficial "improvement" while leaving core problems aside..
    then I completely understand the frustration.

and btw, are you guys getting any tokens for backing them up? trying for MOD s or ADMIns yourselves? they are big boys, let them fend for themselves
    gizzmo and HairDryer like this.

Famous
    I'm a long-term member of this forum, although not one of the most active. You are spot on about the events that cause us players to not have much of a forum left, I've seen it happen here.

When I first joined this game, my favorite part of the forum was the counter-formations section! Now, the "tactics and tutorials" section has had 1 post in the last 24 hours, compared to the several daily from the old days. The main season long thread "Season 102, are you ready" is only 79 replies long, with 2/3 of the season finished. In my opinion, its difficult to trust the information on the forum, where I see countless posts about how random the game engine is and other stuff that doesn't make sense, meanwhile some of the managers in the facebook groups seem immune to such results every season, routinely winning +1 CL (some even thriving in +2 lvl CL each season).
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 02-23-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by sasha m View Post
    ursd, while I agree with everything you said, rules kinda change when you feel like talking to a wall.
    well John, there are two sides to everything. I grew up on games where DEVs were forum admins as well. they actively discussed suggestions. some suggestions with most votes or positive feedback would be tried in optional , parallel releases of the game. one's they pass that test, then, maybe, would they be included in next official release.

so there you go, I think anyoue would calmly, politely and respectfully discuss any possible, future changes to the game. but if they just poor s#1t on your head "announced" only after its done...and their lackeys ignore all said, or try to trick you with superficial "improvement" while leaving core problems aside..
    then I completely understand the frustration.

and btw, are you guys getting any tokens for backing them up? trying for MOD s or ADMIns yourselves? they are big boys, let them fend for themselves
    I think the point the OP is trying to make is that there is a time and a place for things. If you have a suggestion for the game that has merit I am sure the devs will look at it and maybe even sandbox test it to see how it would go. However the forums arent really the place for it. Sure start a thread and see what others think about the idea , maybe they add to it , maybe they find a pitfall in it. Once your idea is ready then present it to the devs in the appropriate way which isnt on these forums by the way.
    By the same token if you have a problem with something in the game eg the last update , then getting on here and venting isnt going to get you anywhere and from what I can see that happens a lot. It gets very boring flicking through endless rant threads about this or that so I am almost certain the devs dont bother too much with reading most threads. If you feel strongly about an issue then make contact in the appropriate manner which again isnt this forum.
    That has just given me an idea.................a venting section just for that purpose , maybe that might be a good idea.

Oh and for sasha m , I dont get anything for any defending of the game I might do nor do I want a mods job , been there done that and the pay isnt good enough. I am sure there will be times when I have a say about something in the game that I dont like , eg negotiations ( they really could do better in this area) but you can bet your last dollar I wont get on here and purely vent about whatever it is.

Apprentice
    I think the point the OP is trying to make is that there is a time and a place for things. If you have a suggestion for the game that has merit I am sure the devs will look at it and maybe even sandbox test it to see how it would go.
    you are sure of that?
    based on what?
    However the forums arent really the place for it.......
    .....BLAH BLAH .......
    ..... If you feel strongly about an issue then make contact in the appropriate manner which again isnt this forum.
    again it seems you have some knowledge hiden from others. this is the only channel of communication I have. and who have you the authority to judge is my or anyone elses manner appropriate?
    ....it gets very boring to flick trough endless rants
    so, they don't pay you to. no one asked you to. it's boring to you. and yet you do it. more so, it seems to be your favorite subject
    That has just given me an idea.................a venting section just for that purpose , maybe that might be a good idea.
    there is such, it's called GENERAL
    ....but you can bet your last dollar I wont get on here and purely vent about whatever it is.
    ...unless is someone's vent? which you answer in appropriate, respectfull and polite manner?
    fo (kindly)
    madflo19 and HairDryer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sasha m View Post
    you are sure of that?
    based on what?

again it seems you have some knowledge hiden from others. this is the only channel of communication I have. and who have you the authority to judge is my or anyone elses manner appropriate?

so, they don't pay you to. no one asked you to. it's boring to you. and yet you do it. more so, it seems to be your favorite subject

there is such, it's called GENERAL

...unless is someone's vent? which you answer in appropriate, respectfull and polite manner?
    fo (kindly)
    I really shouldnt bother to answer this because its obvious your just looking for a fight byt anyway here goes............
    First off with every game I have ever played if you approach the devs of the game with a well thought out practical , fit for purpose idea to solve an issue or make the game better in some way then they will listen to the idea , seriously they would be incredibly stupid if they didnt. However you have to approach them correctly through the correct avenue of communication. If you cant find this avenue I would suggest to you my friend that you look again , I found it within minutes of dl this game.
    Secondly I personally find the endless vents and ranting in these forums , and I have only been here for a short time , both tedious and annoying and feel that we as a community should demand a higher standard from each other. Maybe I am alone in this. I dont have any authority to judge anyones behaviour except my own but what I can do is encourage others to be more polite in these forums. General Forum is described quite well on the cover page and I see no mention of it being vent central so I do see merit in creating a venting section just for this purpose which will free up General for people who actually have something to say or ask.
    Now as I previously stated , you wont find me blasting off with a huge rant about something I dislike in the game simply because I know it wont achieve my desired result and is a serious waste of my time to do so. I will take my dislike to the appropriate place and enquire about this dislike in the game to someone who may or may not be able to help me. You have to remember that just because you dont like it doesnt mean it isnt working or how it should/needs to be or conversely an idea you think is good may not be practical and so wont ever find its way into the game but that isnt to say the devs didnt look at it before deciding it wasnt quite right for the game as they see it.

Good luck to you Sasha M , I hope your team does well this season.

There is a vent thread since 04-11-2014
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...ons-index.html

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast