Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Can a 3-defender-formation be successful when op AML/AMR players exist?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SHNM View Post
    I think after all the experiments you will return to V style again. In the scheme of three defenders, DL-DC-DR-DMC-2MC-ML-MR-2ST shows itself very well. One change of DMC to AMC, if necessary, change the style of your team. and vice versa.
    I use this same style and usually switch to AMC and only go for DMC only when the opponent has an AMC, but when the AMC is weak of his DMC is weak I stick to having an AMC instead.

I also play a DC-DC-DC and almost never lose except for those troll results lol

Quote Originally Posted by SHNM View Post
    I think after all the experiments you will return to V style again. In the scheme of three defenders, DL-DC-DR-DMC-2MC-ML-MR-2ST shows itself very well. One change of DMC to AMC, if necessary, change the style of your team. and vice versa.
    Now that this thread is up again, I'm back to 4-5-1 V. Its just the best, there is nothing you can say against it. I played with a 3-2-3-1-1 for about 2 seasons and I did decent, than I also tried a 4-1-3-1-1, but with V style my wingers are scoring left and right and I win far more games than with the other formations.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Now that this thread is up again, I'm back to 4-5-1 V. Its just the best, there is nothing you can say against it. I played with a 3-2-3-1-1 for about 2 seasons and I did decent, than I also tried a 4-1-3-1-1, but with V style my wingers are scoring left and right and I win far more games than with the other formations.
    I almost always beat 4-5-1 V
    hard attacking , short passes on the wings,pressing low using 3DC-2MC-ML-MR-AMC-2ST

my ML and MR usually just on the line to AMR AML or just simply AML AMR
    still wins

I guess thats its achilles heel
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Apprentice
    OP-On the whole, this formation has been fantastic for me until I play someone great with a heavily concentrated attack line and il switch the AMC for a 4th defender and play a back 4. My partner has gone a season undefeated and had a 100% 26/26 league wins in the last few seasons until she stopped spectating as much and I couldn’t do it for her while at work. With the usual time taken to maintain max training bonus each day and managing your team through matches, it’s superb. Won me the IC cup twice and hoping to complete the set in the 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Migadini likes this.

Apprentice

Can a 3-defender-formation be successful when op AML/AMR players exist?

Sorry, that is actually to accommodate my best IC player who s MR. Play MR and ML as AML and AMR and I feel it improves the formation as top eleven seems to have a thing for these guys getting all the goals. I have an AML who has finished top scorer in league 4 seasons on the bounce. He has 197 goals in 149 league games for me playing in that formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker85 View Post
    OP-On the whole, this formation has been fantastic for me until I play someone great with a heavily concentrated attack line and il switch the AMC for a 4th defender and play a back 4. My partner has gone a season undefeated and had a 100% 26/26 league wins in the last few seasons until she stopped spectating as much and I couldn’t do it for her while at work. With the usual time taken to maintain max training bonus each day and managing your team through matches, it’s superb. Won me the IC cup twice and hoping to complete the set in the 3rd.

Which tactics did you use with it?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Migadini View Post
    Which tactics did you use with it?

The one shown in the picture, but in my usual club team I play the MR and ML as an AMR and AML as they score loads. Only reason I played MR and ML at IC was because the first player (best) that they give you was an MR.

Migadini likes this.

The one shown in the picture, but in my usual club team I play the MR and ML as an AMR and AML as they score loads. Only reason I played MR and ML at IC was because the first player (best) that they give you was an MR.

he meant the tactic, you posted the formation

Tactics?

I find myself using 3DC more and more, and find it very effective for both the 3x ST or AML/(C)/R + ST attacks more often used nowadays. For wing players I add DL/DR in the DML/R positions, for more central attacking formations (Narrow Diamond, et al) I add a DMC.

More often than not, I am playing 3DC-DML/R-2MC-AML/R-ST Butterfly formation, I can usually overcome a 4-5-1V by using Butterfly and playing through the middle (!). 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond are countered using 3DC-DMC-3MC-AML/R-ST, again a 3DC formation. I have a MC/AMC and he will be pushed up to AMC if I need to play a more offensive formation to put a weak opponent to the sword or rescue a losing situation.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12