Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Why people bid last second?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Capticus View Post
    it's not cheat, just a dirty trick
    Sorry, I have to say that a cheat and a dirty trick are one and the same.

When you send the friend request at the last moment, you are cheating this person out of a legitimate auction that should be fair to everyone.

You say this is a dirty trick and not cheating? How is this not cheating? If one did this "dirty trick", would they not be keeping the other person from making a legitimate offer by using any means possible, in this case, a friend request? This is plain and simple cheating.

Next you are going to tell me that a BJ from Monica Lewinsky was not cheating on Hillary Clinton? I am sure there is a dirty trick joke in there somewhere, but we are not talking about a dress, we are talking about an auction.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Sorry, I have to say that a cheat and a dirty trick are one and the same.

When you send the friend request at the last moment, you are cheating this person out of a legitimate auction that should be fair to everyone.

You say this is a dirty trick and not cheating? How is this not cheating? If one did this "dirty trick", would they not be keeping the other person from making a legitimate offer by using any means possible, in this case, a friend request? This is plain and simple cheating.

Next you are going to tell me that a BJ from Monica Lewinsky was not cheating on Hillary Clinton? I am sure there is a dirty trick joke in there somewhere, but we are not talking about a dress, we are talking about an auction.
    "It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation" i dont breaking any rules, but i know it's very unfair
    Nex Club

Its a good tactic but can easily be worked against you. I prefer to bid first for 2 reasons:

1) It shows that I'm in the game...I want the player.
    2) Bid first and the other player is forced to bid to stay in the game. The next round, he is in control and you bid at the final 2-3 seconds and win because most of the time people dont want to spend that extra token to make sure you win.

I have won MANY an auction like this.
    I use this same tatics.And another good thing is when there 3 or 4 free agents in a row ,usually there will be same managers trying to make some money.If you go to higher rounds for the 1st player and win , they will quit from another ones and you could win with just one token.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Capticus View Post
    "It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation" i dont breaking any rules, but i know it's very unfair
    a dictionary definition does not suffice in this case. Because there is no written rule does not mean there is no moral/ethical or unwritten rule.

You are preventing someone from bidding in an auction. How is that NOT cheating??? Using an exploit in a game is cheating. It doesnt get more obvious.

I have played many a computer game and have seen many "cheats" for many games. They are not illegal or against the rules, as they dont put in the game rulebook to "not cheat". It is clearly an unwritten and understood rule. BUT it is available for all to do, just put in the code and you are invulnerable or infinity ammo...whatever.

Just dont try to justify behaviour like this as a dirty trick and not cheating.

All that to say, it is cheating...but I like that instead of spending 30 tokens in a bidding war with some retard that bid multiple times every round......

MDKII
    Quote Originally Posted by ice87s View Post
    If they r using mobile device, there is a way to stop last second bid. Hope u all know what i mean
    This bug was only on Android devices and has been removed. Using it was considering an exploit.

If anyone encounters this bug again, I urge them to contact Nordeus support right away.

a dictionary definition does not suffice in this case. Because there is no written rule does not mean there is no moral/ethical or unwritten rule.

You are preventing someone from bidding in an auction. How is that NOT cheating??? Using an exploit in a game is cheating. It doesnt get more obvious.

I have played many a computer game and have seen many "cheats" for many games. They are not illegal or against the rules, as they dont put in the game rulebook to "not cheat". It is clearly an unwritten and understood rule. BUT it is available for all to do, just put in the code and you are invulnerable or infinity ammo...whatever.

Just dont try to justify behaviour like this as a dirty trick and not cheating.

All that to say, it is cheating...but I like that instead of spending 30 tokens in a bidding war with some retard that bid multiple times every round......
    anyway, we do so much we can for our own benefit
    Nex Club

honestly im new but i think there is no fave tactic... in my last season i bough 2 players with 4 starts almost 5 (they were both 29) at first and only bid

Addicted
    it is never good to bid in the last second. the only time you gain an advantage from this is if the other person you are bidding against is leading and thinks you have given up. When you bid in the last sec he has no chance to reply.

BUT - everyone who bids in the last second despite there already being bids put in that round; they are all just pure stupid. they gain NOTHING by doing that.

Addicted
    I'm pretty sure some people have last second bid bots, so they dont waste a Token when the other guy gives up but they always bid if the other guy bids
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123