Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: About arrows

Banned
    The developers are being idiots. What game does not post its rules? Seriously. I have never seen a game without posted/written rules or at least with some kind of tutorial. Sometimes I think that this online 'simulation' is just a money grab and they have no intention to make it better for anyone. I see a lack of committment. I hear nothing good about the Nordeus support.

Really, this is starting to look like some mickey-mouse operation started by two 20 year olds because they cant get real programming jobs. Good on them for taking it this far. But at least bring in a programming professional that can fix the bugs and take this game to the next level. Tell us the damn rules!!! Seriously. Did they ever confirm what constitutes an illegal formation or did the users do that through trial and error and testing?
    fmldotcom and Black Hawks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    The developers are being idiots. What game does not post its rules? Seriously. I have never seen a game without posted/written rules or at least with some kind of tutorial. Sometimes I think that this online 'simulation' is just a money grab and they have no intention to make it better for anyone. I see a lack of committment. I hear nothing good about the Nordeus support.

Really, this is starting to look like some mickey-mouse operation started by two 20 year olds because they cant get real programming jobs. Good on them for taking it this far. But at least bring in a programming professional that can fix the bugs and take this game to the next level. Tell us the damn rules!!! Seriously. Did they ever confirm what constitutes an illegal formation or did the users do that through trial and error and testing?
    let's all invest and write a real game and take over Nordeous and make millions. The first thing I do with my millions is buy the Devs themselves to power train for me, then feed them meat bananas for lunch.
    cracicot and Black Hawks like this.
    My Team<<<<<<<< When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” –C. S. Lewis

fmldotcom;63526 The only thing I can't seem to fully understand is the arrows for the gk. any thoughts?
    So he can pick up the ball from the back of the net , after the opposition scores.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    let's all invest and write a real game and take over Nordeous and make millions. The first thing I do with my millions is buy the Devs themselves to power train for me, then feed them meat bananas for lunch.
    Seriously...meat bananas? lol we have to stop this banana thing.

Read my thread called Nordeus numbers and then tell me if you want to write a real game to compete with Nordeus.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Seriously...meat bananas? lol we have to stop this banana thing.

Read my thread called Nordeus numbers and then tell me if you want to write a real game to compete with Nordeus.
    give me the links. The only thing they got is facebook that's why they got lots of players, but we all know the game sucks.
    My Team<<<<<<<< When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” –C. S. Lewis

Banned

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by fmldotcom View Post
    Red arrows don't make a player play in new position front or back of him! Arrows are individual mentality for each players apart from the team mentality. Example team mentality is normal, red arrow on AMC will make him having attacking mentality and be more offensive than the rest. If the team mentality is attacking then his mentality is ultra attacking. I don't think it's movement as according to some ppl suggested the arrows need more directions. The only thing I can't seem to fully understand is the arrows for the gk. any thoughts?
    Ljepoje said:
    I try to avoid use arrows, mostly because they seem to be pointless and the fact that one goal forward could mean one backwards.
    and Hullabaloo said:
    the developers had a Q&A in february where someone asked why they cannot use three attackers by having 2 in wide positions (right now you can only have 3 attackers in narrow position).

The developer said that all you have to do to get two attackers on the flanks is to put two players as AML and AMR and use red arrows on them; then they automatically become wide attackers.
    With all the references above, I personally agree most with the thread owner, but dont deny what developer said was not right, they prolly didnt give us full definition!
    Since the first start, i have been interesting with the arrows, first we also have arrows used in all Football Manager games and they all have same uses which are movement and attitude of players. 2nd, arrows in T11 turned to be a big controversial discussion as no one make a clear definition about the use of these arrows!
    I am playing with 3 accs right now, 1 level 7, and 6 at level 6, started by end of 2012. Frankly, I have had several efforts putting tests on these controversy arrows and here were what I found out so far:
    Red arrows: I agree with fmldotcom that red arrows dont move players to a new position, red arrows will be effect as it encourages player to join attacking more, to start the attacking, to receive the ball or to finish toward goals. However, a wide defender seem to never taking a long shoot toward goal with red arrows, the system makes him to start the attacking and to receive passes and finish toward goals more than normal. Same story with wide mids, but they tends to take some long shoots toward goal.
    1. Talking about wide attackers (AMR/L and even C), in some tactics, red arrows on them will force them to drible, cross, long shoot, or even to cut inside to deliver passes or even finish toward goals like wide striker and it is exactly what developer has said, I can name some tactic as 4-3-2-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1 V style, 3N-4-2W-1
    2. However, if you play with 2 W attackers and 2 Strikers, red arrows on wide attackers will give them same chances but reduce chances from the 2 STs, and it leads to the result that 2 W attackers seem to score more than 2 ST and rating of 2 STs drops certainly. You can avoid it by putting red arrows on 2 Sts as well, but by doing so, your team tends to play ultra offensive and will be vulnerable with counter attack. A balance solution should be, just leave it without arrows, rating for the 4 attackers (2 Sts and 2 W attackers wont drop and they have equal chances to score, assist). I can name such appropriate tactics using such way as 4-2-2-2 hexagon, 3WN-5-2 V style, 3WN-3N-2W-2
    Blue Arrows:
    Some ppls like to use blue arrows on all Defs, some like to put it on DMC, but i find out it is most effective to use blue arrows on the middle Dcs (if you play with 3 dcs) to make him act as a sweeper if none DMC upfront, using blue arrows on all defenders will make your team avoiding one on one situation, but make your team be victim for long shots

To sum up, I didnt say arrows are useless, if you play with normal mode (as you can see on formation-predefined tactic), developer has made some example using arrows on the formation of 4-3-2-1, 4-1-3-2 and 3-2-3-2. With 4-3-2-1, developer put arrows on DR/L to make him join attacking more, the reason is to deliver passes to 2 upfront wide attackers since you have 2 DCs and 3 MCs to stop attacking through the middle so 2 wide defenders can join attack without much worries of defend. With 4-1-3-2, red arrows on Dr/l and middle MCs mean the middle MC will go upfront more to deliver passes to 2 Sts, but the wing is quite weak without the motivated attacking full backs and they also have 1 DMC to help defending, so 2 full backs can join attack to balance the weak on wings. Similar story with 3-2-3-2, with 3 DC, wing def mid (DMR/L) can join attack more to deliver crosses, long shots, through passes and the middle MC with blue arrow tend to stay back to help 3 DC to defend in middle.
    However, these 3 formation are all on normal mode, so most players with act normally, if we set to attacking mode, red arrows will make our team more offensive, with less players on our half (assume if we play equal team with no arrows or if they use arrows effectively, we will be punished someway)
    As a result, I can name 4 ways of using arrows as below
    - With Normal mode, yes you can set all blue arrows on all defenders, red on all Mids and Sts, bit be aware of one goal forward, one goal backward, cards, penalty and injures
    - With attacking mode, if you are not token buyer, better for you to leave the formation as it naturally is, or if you have nice 5, 6 star players and want to motivate them more, put suitable arrows on them to get better result and rating
    - With defend mode, a blue arrow on middle MC, DCs (if you play such formation) and red arrows on your STS (to play force counter with long pass) are necessary, otherwise dont put too much blue arrows if you play defending unless you are facing much stronger team and want to prevent them from scoring as much as possible
    - With Token buyer with full 11 of scout players, arrows or tactic doesnt make much senses as you are too strong compared to the rest, so you can play attacking and set arrows the way you want!

References:
    1- Since I am interested with arrows, I have searched all forum, spent long time reading all posts about arrows and these above were my final definition of uses of arrows
    2- Yes, you can visit formation- predefined tactic and asked your self, why with these tactic developer use arrows, why not for others and think logically to make your own definition
    3- YOu can see many token player using arrows on all position and they tend to be success more than others. On the other hand, none token buyers keep testing with arrows and keep failing as they dont have clear clue of the uses of arrows. Say it that way, you cannot adapt a formation, uses of arrows from token buyer to your team and expect a huge success if you dont really understand how the player, team behave with these arrows!
    4- Yes, this is just a web-based game, and the engine is the king, with game engine, we have to understand it is just a computer, so putting arrows on it seems to be a 2 edges knife, exactly what Ljepoje said: 1 goal forward mean 1 backward if you are none token buyer player. If you use red arrows on a player, this player tends to appear more on the engine, might be good if he scores, might be bad if he is attacking with red arrows and be given a yellow card. Same story with Wide attacker as said above, wide attackers score most of the goals, and the rating of your Sts is not as good as it was before. This is absolutely a machine decide system!

To conclude, I know my words above are not yet clear, not yet fully persuasive to some of you. I dont plan to deny other ideas as each idea is needed knowledge, needed guide for others, especially when a senior sharing his experiences with the newbies. I am only doing a contribution job, to build up more experiences which are useful for others players, and sharing my understanding of arrows which might be wrong, might be right in the vice versa as Developers didnt get a word about it! HOpe ya guys like it and contribute more to this thread as I also want to understand it deeper.
    Last edited by gohannie; 05-29-2013 at 05:30 AM.
    Kukilon likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12