Page 68 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: The Vent Thread

Quote Originally Posted by leddy View Post
    Why So many teams on each of the servers I have been on called "Galatasaray"....gets very unimaginative to keep seeing that name with either FC, SK or whatever after it but still the same bloody name lol.....vent over.
    Tell me about it. I'm now working in Turkey, and about 70% of the population supports Galatasaray. Even people who've never been to Istanbul and couldn't tell you where Galata is, support them because they win. I just bite my tongue and cheer for my team. The other 50% support Fenerbahce. And then there's about 20% support Besiktas. Then a few people even dare support local teams. I realise that makes 140+% of supporters already, but these guys are so fickle, they'll cheer for whoever made the news that morning. It's worse than the plastic cockney prawn-sandwich-munching Manure brigade that plague the game in England.
    But try telling them that, and all of a sudden I'm the one who doesn't understand football.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mercury View Post
    Tell me about it. I'm now working in Turkey, and about 70% of the population supports Galatasaray. Even people who've never been to Istanbul and couldn't tell you where Galata is, support them because they win. I just bite my tongue and cheer for my team. The other 50% support Fenerbahce. And then there's about 20% support Besiktas. Then a few people even dare support local teams. I realise that makes 140+% of supporters already, but these guys are so fickle, they'll cheer for whoever made the news that morning. It's worse than the plastic cockney prawn-sandwich-munching Manure brigade that plague the game in England.
    But try telling them that, and all of a sudden I'm the one who doesn't understand football.

"Mustapha"

Ibrahim, Ibrahim, Ibrahim,
    Allah, Allah, Allah, Allah we'll pray for you.
    Hey! (Brian May come in on geeetarrr)

Mustapha, Mustapha, Mustapha Ibrahim.
    Mustapha, Mustapha, Mustapha Ibrahim.

Mustapha Ibrahim, Mustapha Ibrahim
    Allah, Allah, Allah we'll pray for you.
    Mustapha Ibrahim, al havra kris vanin
    LEDDY FC Level 7
    HONOURS
    League Champions 5 times (undefeated season 2 and 6) Runners Up x 1 grrr
    Cup Winners Season 5 (Wembley Stadium)
    Champions league Winners season 5 (Float Marina Singapore)(Cup Double)
    Champions league Winners season 4 (Joy at The Nou Camp )(League and CL Double)
    Champions League Finalist season 2 (The Amsterdam Arena Spud Gun/Helmet Cheese Penalty fiasco )

Rookie
    Now...perhaps someone can explain to me how my team, despite a 15+ quality difference, 75% possession and a formation thats not countered failed to get a single shot on target against 3 wide defenders?
    Or how in another match, a team plays against 7 (weak) opponents early in the match due to 2 injuries and 2 red cards and only score 2 goals?
    Oh and the weirdest thing: When I checked an opponent's strength during the match in the 80th minute or so, I already saw in his 5 last matches he lost the current match. There was a "L" there. Not much after, I scored the winning goal. Thinking it was simply an extra match he played, I refreshed afterwards and nope...he didnt play more than me, he actually lost the game before it was over! Could this be server-delay related issues where I simply see the match delayed compared to him? (in which case...does managing even matter??)

I win more games by not managing than if I watched. Utter BS!!! I'm gone from this croc of a game. This game isn't going to improve any time soon.
    leddy and foulmouthbiotch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim Craw View Post
    I win more games by not managing than if I watched. Utter BS!!! I'm gone from this croc of a game. This game isn't going to improve any time soon.
    ITs a weird one, its our choice to come and have some light hearted banter on here and watch a game or two.....Yeh there seems to be some issues with the game that can be frustrating, but at the end of the day its only a game lol.
    LEDDY FC Level 7
    HONOURS
    Champions League Finalist season 2 (The Amsterdam Arena Spud Gun/Helmet Cheese Penalty fiasco )

Pro
    free the cracicot...........
    aiureah and foulmouthbiotch like this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    free the cracicot...........
    ? did they ban him?

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    ? did they ban him?
    I have heard rumblings.....have to say when I was a newbie he came and answered some valuable questions for me.......maybe its because he is a liverpool fan lol (if your reading Crac.....all in good fun).
    LEDDY FC Level 7
    HONOURS

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by leddy View Post
    I have heard rumblings.....have to say when I was a newbie he came and answered some valuable questions for me.......maybe its because he is a liverpool fan lol (if your reading Crac.....all in good fun).
    I found his profile and indeed he was banned.. maybe because of the monkey reference/post?

I think it as coz of this nickname for Nordeus!
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2