Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Why do these people even play the game?

Famous
    Quite purely for me a football game where people deliberately lose is not really a football game. It's just a resource management game currently

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Bunzo and pcmacdaniel like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    The relation (about realism) of Top Eleven with football is like the relation of Call of duty or Medal of honor with real war
    dsio likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    The relation (about realism) of Top Eleven with football is like the relation of Call of duty or Medal of honor with real war
    It's a game and not real i agree. But i think having a game model whereby the very basic realism that people try and win is pretty fundamental to me. I can accept a lot of other stuff as just being a video game. If I was developing a football video game from scratch I don't think it would be in my plans for people to be deliberately losing lol. I don't play call of duty but can you deliberately get killed to give yourself an advantage lol

Famous
    Someone a while ago made a valid point asking how many times has anyone been affected by mutants in non asso games. My answer is not much. If you ask me the same re tanking my answer would be a lot. Tells me tackling tanking should have been before mutants imo.

If I was developing a football video game from scratch I don't think it would be in my plans for people to be deliberately losing lol.
    not exactly this logic,
    more like some of the games I 've played when hanging around in the same places (forest, dungeons, castles ...) and facing the same enemies again so to level up a bit, get more xp, money and loots, observe more the landscape or some details, instead of move on in the next phase of a game.
    Who doesn't make that ?

Famous
    not exactly this logic,
    more like some of the games I 've played when hanging around in the same places (forest, dungeons, castles ...) and facing the same enemies again so to level up a bit, get more xp, money and loots, observe more the landscape or some details, instead of move on in the next phase of a game.
    Who doesn't make that ?
    What happens if everyone tanks? Because that's the other thing. It has a domino affect. Comes to the point that's what you have to do to progress? A race to the bottom? I would rather just incentivise people to try and compete. To win.

I was playing competitive for 42 seasons and stayed in the same lv for 10 more.
    Only asso teams are staying lv permanently, to keep a high q team or their mutants or just to remain in a high asso lv.
    So a solution is to use the IC 2nd team only for the asso games.
    Things are simple.
    It doesn't need to strip of options or freedom from the game.
    rogerniceguy likes this.

Famous
    Only asso teams are staying lv permanently, to keep a high q team or their mutants or just to remain in a high asso lv.
    Things are simple.
    I think that is 1 measure worth trying for sure. Coupled with token reduction in assos and redistributed in league top 8. Then see if that improves things. If still a problem move to next step. Limit non promotion to 1 season. Would prefer it not to get to the point can only use preset formations etc

Famous
    Things are simple.
    They also need to do something for higher level players. Merge levels (based on stars) and servers so more users grouped together again. I imagine life very boring higher up. I'm level 27 currently.

pcmacdaniel and Altiplano like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerniceguy View Post
    Someone a while ago made a valid point asking how many times has anyone been affected by mutants in non asso games. My answer is not much. If you ask me the same re tanking my answer would be a lot. Tells me tackling tanking should have been before mutants imo.

On my server, there are 9 managers with mutant players at every level from 46-50 (I'm level 48). I am one of those 9 managers with mutants. However, no mutant teams i'm aware of from level 51 - 60. Levels 44 and 45 don't have any mutant teams as well.

What i've witnessed/experienced is a domino effect, with managers building their rosters to compete for trophies in the league, cl and cup. If no mutant team exists at one level, managers either don't care enough to build mutants or aren't aware of mutants.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-03-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast