Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Announcement] Upcoming Changes to FA Matchmaking

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    5 stars. We are facing 6 star opponents.
    One of the 4 opponents is 6 stars.
    Hunter, same thing was occurring in the last 3 tournaments my association played in.

2nd weekend:

One 7*, one 6* and two 5* associations

3rd weekend

One 6*, three 5* (One of the 5* manipulated the draw with 1* teams, and after the upgrade were equal to the 6* in average quality)

4th weekend

Two 6* (my assoc = 117%), two 5* (Same 5* we played the weekend before, and they again upgraded to being equal to the 6* non manipulators)

This weekend

Things look normal.

The impression I got was that any quality below X (maybe 80%) was being excluded from the calculation for the draw. All 5* groups we encountered had teams that were below 5* average. That's why I think it might have been taking the average of only teams above a certain unknown %.

I can only guess this update was designed to force these lower quality inactive groups to play up as a means of minimizing the effectiveness of sandbagging in associations. Sandbagging means to purposely play at lower quality (such as 5* quality average), to get grouped into a pool of potential opponents that is more likely to lose 0-36 than those in other pools.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 12-14-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post

The impression I got was that any quality below X (maybe 80%) was being excluded from the calculation for the draw.
    This would mean that they've listened to my source of knowledge... /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\ \o/

Banned
    The coach had 26% before the federation. After the withdrawal, the transfer increased to 96%. I have 66%. you need to edit.

EDIT; and result 16-1, do you think is fair? platinum tournament
    Last edited by iMustafa; 12-15-2018 at 12:18 PM.

2 Questions.
    First is, why are my players ranked with 0,0?
    Second is why game engine works different in FA matches compared to other competitions?
    [Announcement] Upcoming Changes to FA Matchmaking-r2.jpg
    [Announcement] Upcoming Changes to FA Matchmaking-r1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NekoIzMase View Post
    2 Questions.
    First is, why are my players ranked with 0,0?
    Second is why game engine works different in FA matches compared to other competitions?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	114400
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	114402
    Because you did the substitution of both players before the 20'
    and 2, think that is a different feature, with it's own algorithm as the events and NT.

I didn't substitute anyone before 20th minute, one was sent off in 9th and other was substituted in 21st. I had player sent off early in the game before too, but he never got rating 0.0.

Famous
    1. I have same experience as Khris for your first question.

2. FA engine is the same as the engine for the other competitions, the feel of it being different is an illusion. I am in the current world #100 assoc as well (granted will be out of the top 100 in 1 hour so if you want proof, only one hour to get it ).

What's happening is the gaming meta changes from server to server. One server has defense - long - counter on as most common system. Another server level has a most common system of attack - short - trap on. Most teams in league are not flexible. But in association, we encounter teams from several different servers so we are playing against different systems than what we are used. If not flexible tactically, in a game against quality competition we will have problems.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    Why not just take into account team quality in Association games? Seems to me that players can still tank in League/Cup and manipulate their quality that way.

Also, why not address the questions regarding the changes to the national team with early player retirements and opponents quality?
    yes, players that only care about asso games can tank with their 2 star players in all other competitions, and get easy asso match ups. that's how I ended up facing someone nearly 40% higher in this weekends asso final, completely spoils the game

Apprentice
    This week draw was even harder.
    I was in a 5 star association (all members are quite well balanced so we don't have any 7/8/9 star team).
    Opponents- one 5 star, one 6 stars, one 7 stars.

Fair draw, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by stra View Post
    Very simple , tank whole week and season and on FA match day I put up your A team
    Still the same nothing has changed
    The weak teams ll stay in top 100 forever now
    I doubt that, tanking is expensive you know. I tanked last season and I can tell you that blues do not come cheap. Its really hard to tank all week and win a good manager in the FAs. And to repeat that for more than a season will become expensive.
    The Nebuchadnezzar exploring T11

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast