Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Season 114 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by pele View Post
    What an eventful day. Had two players (striker and AM) red carded in the opening league game - one of them for spitting!! Luckily, I managed to hold out for a 3-2 win against an opponent 12% stronger. Three hours later, another player was red carded in the CL. The weird thing is, my tackling is set to 'Normal'!
    I get that. 7-8 matches without any sort of card, then one match with five players each getting a yellow, then in the next a sending off (2 yellows) and a yellow for one of the players carded in the previous match, which means a suspension. Then back to normal again...
    pele likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    You can actually take influence on the assistant manager offers by putting in weak players.

Played 2 games last season with AMC instead of ST, won both. It is possible to play well this way...
    Yes, but I end up getting over prized players.

I have played several games without STs. Those AMs move like STs when no striker is present. In fact, I do see my AMR come into the AMC/ST positions either expecting a pass or hussling for the ball. Such formations are not new to me.
    Last edited by Nebu; 01-09-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    The Nebuchadnezzar exploring T11

Quote Originally Posted by Nebu View Post
    Yes, but I end up getting over prized players.

I have played several games without STs. Those AMs move like STs when no striker is present. In fact, I do see my AMR come into the AMC/ST positions either expecting a pass or hussling for the ball. Such formations are not new to me.
    I don't care about the 3D animations, in fact I have them turned off. They are unrealistic imo and you can't read anything out of them tbh.

You can actually take influence on the assistant manager offers by putting in weak players.
    Is there any way to trigger the "sponsor" offers? Where they give you three choices and all you have to do is pay the tokens, not any cash? I got like 5 of them a couple seasons ago and built the core of my team from it. But last season I only got like 2 offers the entire season (one was near the end, so I didn't even get any of the players), and this season haven't gotten any yet. Those are the ones I look forward to!

Instead, they just keep offering me these 27-30 year olds who are only marginally better than the 20-23 year olds I already have - not interested in those!
    Last edited by ZeekLTK; 01-09-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    Zeek FC - League Level 8
    Club History
    5 League Trophies: 3,4,5,6,7 | 1 Runner-Up: 2
    4 Cup Trophies: 3,4,5,6
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 3,4,5
    1 Super League Trophies: 2
    3 Triple Crowns: 3,4,5

Famous
    I don't care about the 3D animations, in fact I have them turned off. They are unrealistic imo and you can't read anything out of them tbh.
    So it is better have text??

SO to read better who is performing good??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post

Thanks
    Text is more specific, and for ex. you can do what I was doing when we had no live animations... if you don't see the name of a player during 1st half, sub' him....and well,
    the narrative brings another perspective.

Dreamer
    This season CL will be tough
    Most of the teams are one lvl above
    Won one and lost one so far
    No expectations

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekLTK View Post
    Is there any way to trigger the "sponsor" offers? Where they give you three choices and all you have to do is pay the tokens, not any cash? I got like 5 of them a couple seasons ago and built the core of my team from it. But last season I only got like 2 offers the entire season (one was near the end, so I didn't even get any of the players), and this season haven't gotten any yet. Those are the ones I look forward to!

Instead, they just keep offering me these 27-30 year olds who are only marginally better than the 20-23 year olds I already have - not interested in those!
    I don't think so, you mean the recommended players. Think its random like 3 or 4 times a season when they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post

Thanks
    In my opinion its better, yes. You don't get distracted, you can check the players ratings all the time and like khris said, you can try to sub players when they don't have any appearance or situations in the game.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Text is more specific, and for ex. you can do what I was doing when we had no live animations... if you don't see the name of a player during 1st half, sub' him....and well,
    the narrative brings another perspective.
    Thanks ,

Just changed my settings..

The recommended players with three choices appear once per week on a random day of the week, if you get one on a Saturday then you won't get them the following day (Sunday).

The other recommended players occur on the other days and are offered based on spurious comparisons with players already in your squad.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast