Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Is Positioning important for a ST/AMC/AMR/AML

Rookie

Is Positioning important for a ST/AMC/AMR/AML

Hi

I would like to ask whether positioning is important for a striker/AMC/AMR/AML as it is listed in the defence category but it is counted as a white skill for the player?

Below is the screenshot of my player that I am curious about?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is Positioning important for a ST/AMC/AMR/AML-screenshot_2019-02-22-01-03-08.jpg  

Dreamer
    Sometimes in the text commentary in 2d game - you read about either your strikers or wingers blocking the shots - that for me is positioning - helping out the defence
    wintersnow341 likes this.

Tackling – Determines how well a player is capable of executing a successful tackle on an opponent without committing a foul or injury.
    Marking – Determines how well a player can mark an opponent and how well he can use zonal marking.
    Positioning – Determines how well a player positions himself to deal with attacking threats.
    Heading – Determines how well a player is capable of heading the ball towards his target.
    Handling – Determines how well a player is able to keep the ball when tackled.

Passing – Determines how accurately a player can pass the ball.
    Dribbling – Determines how well a player can control the ball when running with it.
    Crossing – Determines how well a player is capable of placing a well-aimed cross at the right time.
    Shooting - Determines how well a player is capable of placing a strong, good shot.
    Finishing – Determines how well a player is capable of reacting quickly and adapting to any offensive situation.

Fitness – Determines how hard your player can exert himself on the pitch.
    Strength – Determines how well a player is able to exert his physical force onto an opponent in order to hold them off, win tackles and aerial balls, etc.
    Aggression – Determines how much a player asserts himself on the pitch. Does not necessarily raise the chance of fouls or injuries.
    Speed - Determines the player's speed on the pitch. A player moves faster without a ball than with it.
    Creativity – Determines how many opportunities a player will find to use his other abilities.

Famous
    @Khris.
    Is this from the Nordeus Top Secret Top Eleven Handbook?
    Or 8 years worth of playing?
    wintersnow341 and dave1311 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    @Khris.
    Is this from the Nordeus Top Secret Top Eleven Handbook?
    Or 8 years worth of playing?
    Old T11 wiki

Rookie
    Hi Kris

Thanks very much for providing the valuable tips along with my question, it will be a good way for me to look at my players better. I think positioning is not a must have though it would be useful for my strikers to be helping out my defence

Rookie
    Hi Chai

Thanks for your tips firsthand, it will be great for a striker to help out a defence though I think priority for a striker is still being able to pass and score well haha.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Tackling – Determines how well a player is capable of executing a successful tackle on an opponent without committing a foul or injury.
    Marking – Determines how well a player can mark an opponent and how well he can use zonal marking.
    Positioning – Determines how well a player positions himself to deal with attacking threats.
    Heading – Determines how well a player is capable of heading the ball towards his target.
    Handling – Determines how well a player is able to keep the ball when tackled.

Passing – Determines how accurately a player can pass the ball.
    Dribbling – Determines how well a player can control the ball when running with it.
    Crossing – Determines how well a player is capable of placing a well-aimed cross at the right time.
    Shooting - Determines how well a player is capable of placing a strong, good shot.
    Finishing – Determines how well a player is capable of reacting quickly and adapting to any offensive situation.

Fitness – Determines how hard your player can exert himself on the pitch.
    Strength – Determines how well a player is able to exert his physical force onto an opponent in order to hold them off, win tackles and aerial balls, etc.
    Aggression – Determines how much a player asserts himself on the pitch. Does not necessarily raise the chance of fouls or injuries.
    Speed - Determines the player's speed on the pitch. A player moves faster without a ball than with it.
    Creativity – Determines how many opportunities a player will find to use his other abilities.
    Handling? Is not that skillbravery?
    Don't understand creativity meaning at all, colud you explain other way?
    siko232 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wintersnow341 View Post
    Hi Kris

Thanks very much for providing the valuable tips along with my question, it will be a good way for me to look at my players better. I think positioning is not a must have though it would be useful for my strikers to be helping out my defence
    A player can be internally programmed to assist, attack, defend etc... so this maybe should improve the ratio if it's trained in "the correct" players.

And what means the correct? means the one I test, to know how it works. If a ST with 6* can't score more than 1 goal in 10 matches, is a waste of resources train him till 9*.

So, that's the same, if the player don't have a defensive capability, why to potentiate it if, it's locked?
    Same a player that assists, and don't help in defense, for example, if a shooting capability, is locked, and defensive skills too, why to focus on them?

Remember that all works in on/off in t11. A MC can be, defensive, or not. Or have a ratio of assisting, or not, scoring the same, heading "comment" (in defense/attack to score, the same...)

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LOS ABRANTES FC View Post
    Handling? Is not that skillbravery?
    Don't understand creativity meaning at all, colud you explain other way?
    Handling, ball management and capability to keep the ball vs a tackle, it could be like dribbling but this last one is called like that when the player runs..

So let's say, Handling avoid counters.

Creativity = affect to the chances of, using the other abilities that the player have. Not sure if, with abilities it means the other skills ( so is like a balance that increases the ratio) or, maybe for example, if a player have the ability to assist by default, then the more creativity = the more chances this particular action will happen during a match.
    I guess is more related with the 2nd point... with particular game actions.

Still this depend too, of the "internal game roles" so, at some point we could do a classification of players, (key players, not contributive, etc) and see if, increase the creativity in the key players really makes them more "perceptible" during the match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast