Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: Season 117 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Just glanced thru my league opponents.
    Only 2 teams from last season were together with me. One similar quality, the other higher
    For the first time , my team is not among the strongest on paper.
    Think my team is somewhere in the middle pack.
    There were about 5 tanker teams and a few +1 Level teams
    So if I attained top 4 position - that will be a achievement
    I had that kind of draw last season as well. Its like the game engine gives us a tougher draw every 3 to 5 seasons! This season is back to normal for me and i do nothing differently. 2nd best team is 10 percent below my quality so expecting an easy league this time around. Cup and CL look better than last season. All in all, it's gonna be a less stressful season for me
    Nebu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Desert Rats FC safely through to the next Round of the Cup, a couple of routine matches against a -29Q side.

Attachment 120528

A WTF? moment or two for Nouvion FC, a red card in each of the first two matches against a -39%Q opponent. The Management hopes Nordeus has got that out of its system now and leaves his players alone for a while...

Attachment 120530
    I actually think you are lucky. Get them now when its painless rather than later in the season where it really matters. Now i am assuming **** happens only once, keep us posted in you have further reds. 2 reds in 2 cup rounds is already really extreme. I go through most seasons without even 1 red.
    talisman likes this.

Apprentice
    no new event ....very bad

Quote Originally Posted by Abhi View Post
    no new event ....very bad
    They just merge servers, must have been difficult. lets give them some breathing space

Quote Originally Posted by MNK Kaskada View Post
    6 very easy drills in training, and let 5* player train position or speciallity. Watch how many drills since first skill point 1/40 (or 1/50) untill 2/40 (2/50). If it is 18-21 drills, that is good. If it is 22-24 it is average. 25 and more is bad!!!
    I am developing a new theory of $10m. Add $10m to the value of the most expensive scout in your scout list and the result falls into the value range of 18yr old fast trainers.
    Since my teams are in lower levels 9 - 11, it corresponds very well.
    I don't know if you Kaskada can check and confirm if my theory is applicable in higher levels.
    The Nebuchadnezzar exploring T11

The two reds are an unusual occurrence for me, too. I went for a long run where I didn't get a straight red at all in any season, and only one or two double yellows. In the past couple of seasons I've got two straight reds and a blizzard of yellows for my midfield players (MC or DMC), whichever ones are there, so it seems the match engine is targetting the position, not the individual player...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    The two reds are an unusual occurrence for me, too. I went for a long run where I didn't get a straight red at all in any season, and only one or two double yellows. In the past couple of seasons I've got two straight reds and a blizzard of yellows for my midfield players (MC or DMC), whichever ones are there, so it seems the match engine is targetting the position, not the individual player...
    Yup, i noticed my ball winning positions getting more yellows in recent seasons too. But with 2 reds in 2 cup matches, conspiracy theories come to mind. Haha cant help it. What Nebu mentioned i have also experienced. In one season, i had a DMC that got 2 reds. But his next season was back to normal, a few yellows but no reds.
    Nebu and talisman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsiderSG View Post
    Yup, i noticed my ball winning positions getting more yellows in recent seasons too. But with 2 reds in 2 cup matches, conspiracy theories come to mind. Haha cant help it. What Nebu mentioned i have also experienced. In one season, i had a DMC that got 2 reds. But his next season was back to normal, a few yellows but no reds.
    I used to have this MC, plays well but was always picking cards, then one day I noticed he has high numbers in aggression - it may have been the highest in the team then.
    EastsiderSG and talisman like this.
    The Nebuchadnezzar exploring T11

The 'high Quality difference match score throttle' worked in the 2nd Leg for the Cup tanker...

Season 117 - Are you ready?-cup-interesting-score-3.jpg
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Nebu View Post
    I used to have this MC, plays well but was always picking cards, then one day I noticed he has high numbers in aggression - it may have been the highest in the team then.
    Aggression isn't a white skill for MCs so whatever training regime you give them it will be depreciated over time. My MCs don't have particularly high aggression % compared to those players who have it as a white skill and are higher than the MCs and don't get yellows/reds on any level of the frequency of those unforunate MCs.

I try to attend all my matches, and when players get yellow cards I leave them on the pitch for a while. If they foul again but get a referee lecture or other let off then I'll sub them off. Occasionally they'll get a quick second yellow and thus red, but it's a small risk and you can't really do anything about that. After about 20 minutes or so I'll sub the yellow card holder anyway, and it's amazing the number of times that later in the match the substitute that has come on will also get a yellow card...

Nouvion FC have just picked up a cheap spare MC from the Transfer Market as cover for the midfield positions. There are two players suspended for the next Cup match the 2nd best MC and a lower-Q DC who has already got a higher-Q replacement on the books but would have made a very useful bench player. In the League match this morning the red-carded MC got injured for 4 days so the MC hazard is getting bigger...
    Last edited by talisman; 04-02-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    milpol likes this.

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast